Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Help! I've received a different spirit than I ordered... or, I received something darker than I was supposed to... or, I received a demon instead of what I ordered.

There's been some posts, websites, and other situations I've seen crop up on Facebook, sometimes taking aim at other sellers, that are cause for concern. You should never blindly believe someone who tells you that what you've received from another seller/conjurer isn't what you're supposed to have. There's a lot of good people in the community, but the paranormal community has always had a stigma because of the bad people who take advantage of other people's ignorance when it comes to spirit conjuring, binding, and work. Arm yourself with knowledge, arm yourself with common sense, and arm yourself with the grace given all of us.

There's people saying that if you use a certain conjure Black Arts will come through, instead of what's supposed to come through... there's people saying that certain spirits bring through entire groups of spirits, instead of just one... there's people saying Djinn are demons, or Angels are demons, etc. It's really quite alarming.

What's alarming is not the claims... anyone can claim anything, I can say the sky's red, it doesn't make it true, but what's alarming is the number of people not willing to take the time to do the research, ask knowledgeable people questions, and not find out the truth for themselves. Instead, they blindly regurgitate the information, and further cause panic.

There's no excuse to live in ignorance in the 21st century. It was understandable in the 20th, and before, because the resources weren't public, and they just weren't there for anyone outside of the "know", but that's not the case anymore. There's a lot of resources available to you, here, and on other, reputable sellers websites. You can tell the reputable websites from the non-reputable websites just by using some common sense, and logic.

Ash & I have been doing this longer than the majority of the people who sell, and now, there's more than ever. We actually apprenticed, trained, studied, and served through the ranks. We built this website for the EXACT reason of giving the public free information on what Spirit Conjuring, and Spirit Keeping is. And, we've even gone to battle more than once to have this site, and not let non-reputable sellers bully us from educating the public.

The Forum alone has 8 years worth of posts & information from this board, and copied from our previous free boards we were on. Our Encyclopedia is also close to 8 years old, and we moved to a new software last year, but all the information is there from the previous version. It was the first website of its kind, and there are questions on this website that cover every possible question that could ever be asked, and the answers are waiting for you to just use the Search button.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
goal.girl
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thanks, Magnolia!
I really like your picture explanations :D

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

I'm glad there's a picture series for this matter, it comes up again and again and it's good to have the basic info of what to do in such an easy to understand format that people new to spirit keeping can refer to.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

http://www.paranormaladvicegroup.com/

If your seller has gone out of business... you might be able to get help here. :)

Excellent post, Magnolia. It's about time this issue was discussed in a rational and coherent manner - especially appreciated your comments about the need for everyone to research the claims of others. Not just other sellers, but other buyers, and their own spirits - sometimes we humans, we don't hear so well, and we make assumptions. I've seen many a keeper flip out about something like this and there not be a seller involved at all, but simply the fearfulness of the keeper themselves and their lack of understanding and clear communication with their spirits.

Thank you for this.
Deepest blessings...
Nycto

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

This is great Mag's, love the simplicity of it. :thumbup: :applause:

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Great advice. BTW, "use common sense" is over used. There is another site that says this all over the place, but yet will claim the inexperienced could bind a unsavory spirit and pass it off as something else. But their policy is to never talk about or review other sellers or cause drama. It's more like a blanket precaution.

Let's look at this on the other side of the fence. While the first step is to contact the seller, sometimes the seller doesn't respond back in a timely or thorough manner thus making their client feel ignored, thus inflaming the panic. Whatever the excuse for non response is, whether death or sickness in the family, messenger not working, email failure, blah, blah, blah...Making excuses is the very reason for mistrust. The second is just bad luck. Two thing enter the person's life at the same time and since the seller is the only physical entity they can blame...they blame.

It is important for the community to understand both sides. As a buyer, I can only compare life before the purchase and life after. So the more they can explain, rather than pushing them off to the forum to read, or appearing irritated (not saying CH does this, but some do this) the more trust they can win and sanity can be restored.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Let's look at this on the other side of the fence. While the first step is to contact the seller, sometimes the seller doesn't respond back in a timely or thorough manner thus making their client feel ignored, thus inflaming the panic. Whatever the excuse for non response is, whether death or sickness in the family, messenger not working, email failure, blah, blah, blah...Making excuses is the very reason for mistrust. The second is just bad luck. Two thing enter the person's life at the same time and since the seller is the only physical entity they can blame...they blame.

It is important for the community to understand both sides. As a buyer, I can only compare life before the purchase and life after. So the more they can explain, rather than pushing them off to the forum to read, or appearing irritated (not saying CH does this, but some do this) the more trust they can win and sanity can be restored.
We can't speak for other sellers, all we can do is educate from the side of the buyer. We can't educate sellers on what their behavior should be. The truth of the matter is the originating seller is really the only one who can tell someone what has happened. If the originating seller is gone, out of business, or won't return repeated contact, then yes, you have to move on to plan B. But, plan A is desired.

For example, I saw a group conversation on Facebook where someone posted a question about a seller's methodology. Multiple people responded to the poster's question with their answers. This went on for a few days, until either the seller saw it, or someone linked them to the discussion, and when the seller responded, not only had every person who answered the poster been wrong, the seller's response made perfect sense to the question asked.

Sometimes, people give you their best guess when they don't know the answer. For some of those situations, a best guess, & not really knowing the truth isn't so bad. In some cases, though, it can cause unnecessary trouble, for everyone involved.

If a seller cannot, or will not, answer your pleas for assistance, if you find yourself in a bad situation, the best thing you can do is make a detailed account of everything that has happened, and seek out reputable places to diagnose the problem.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Chai
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Super speed

Great guide! Thanks CH.

missyallure
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguire Vampiress

Good stuff Mag! And definitely easily understand by even the most clueless newbie! :thumbup:

Image ~ MissyAllure
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Marvelous advice. I only just wish that everyone would follow it instead of automatically thinking the worse when someone tells them things that are completely untrue.

Return to “Magnolia”