neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

A spirit stone is used just like any other vessel. The only difference is that you can only hold it or put it in your pocket instead of wearing it like a more traditional vessel. It's just a small stone after all. Exact same concept otherwise.

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I have a question. I have an Immortal here. He is Japanese, I just felt drawn to him and now he is with me, I am having issues finding a way to communicate with him. All I have been doing is burning incense to him and thanking him for being with me.

I don't want to be too forward, but I am kind of at a loss. Plus there is almost NO information on him on line. Other than he is the Twin brother of the Sun goddess. He killed the food goddess. That is about it.

He is a moon god, so would western moon associations work with him?

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Merchendiver wrote:I have a question. I have an Immortal here. He is Japanese, I just felt drawn to him and now he is with me, I am having issues finding a way to communicate with him. All I have been doing is burning incense to him and thanking him for being with me.

I don't want to be too forward, but I am kind of at a loss. Plus there is almost NO information on him on line. Other than he is the Twin brother of the Sun goddess. He killed the food goddess. That is about it.

He is a moon god, so would western moon associations work with him?
Is that Tsukuyomi you are talking about?
If so, i'd assume that he'd be good to work with under the moonlight maybe. You could ask CH for some associations via helpdesk?
Please share how your bonding goes. I'll give you a bump because i don't know much else about him.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

yes that would be him. I think the bonding is going well. I just don't know what kind of offerings to do for him or had to address him. I call him Tsukuyomi-sama and every time I do I get the rush of amusement. So I don't really know if that is the right way, or he is just amused that his little American is saying something like that.

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

every time I do I get the rush of amusement.
I know what you mean.. I notice when I say complicated names, (like Avalokiteśvara just as an example..) and say them *right* I get that same sort of rush.. like they're amused a western mouth is saying their name.. :D

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Avalokiteśvara
Wow I couldn't even begin to know how to say that. It is kind of funny, at least they know we are trying.

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

I couldn't even begin to know how to say that.
I've heard it said out loud enough by real Hindus I can say it lol, If I had to write out the pronunciation it would be something like, Avillo-'key-ta-'shhh-vara :D

And that's only one of the many Immortal names that I've found to be tongue twisters.

:pray: I like learning to say the sacred names though.

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

It would be nice if I could learn to say Tsukuyomi correctly, but Again as there is so little information on him, there is almost no pronunciation keys either. I just know I am putting the stresson the wrong places. I love hearing foreign languages and names. I just have no talent for learning them. I barely remember any Indonesian from the four years I took it in school. LOL

Zarathustra
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

You'd be better off looking for pronunciation for Japanese in general. Japanese in a sound poor language and all of the sounds in Japanese exist in English, so you shouldn't have any problems with names or sounding out words once you know the basic of basics. Spanish uses the Japanese vowel system if you had to take it in school.

a i u e o

ah ee ooh A/eh O/oh

Usually, each syllable will end with a vowel sound, and sometimes have an n on the end (mikan is two syllables, mi-kan). A long o is written ou, and long eee sound is ii. Vowel sounds can also combine into one syllable, like in youkai (you-kai).

So here we have six syllables, all pronounced exactly like they look: Tsu-ku-yo-mi-sa-ma (with the proper honorific on the end). There is a slight T sound at the beginning of tsu, the way tsunami is supposed to be pronounced, not the way it is typically butchered as sunami.

babyface
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I found that "Google translate" http://translate.google.com does help most of the time since it allows you to listen to the pronounciation.

Logic only gives man what he needs. Magic gives him what he wants.
“I used to be superstitious, then I heard it was unlucky, so I stopped!”

Return to “Immortals”