General Immortal Questions.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

ServantofJustice wrote:What happens if say another 'unbound' immortal(Talking GA/DA) decides they dislike your interaction with a certain other one? Can they interfere with your binding to them made here in that case?
As DW said, you can check with the original conjurer as to whether the binding has been interfered with or not, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. You are free to interact with whoever you like.

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

I have some Immortals that I bought and some that are just chilling around. I appreciate that they treat me nicely, I don't really want to shapeshift into another animal as a punishment or whatever. I am also not saying I would do things to get punished. It's just I like Immortals that are chilled and they don't overreact. :]

venusian_entity
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mermaid
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune

Do we have to worship the Immortals? Can I treat them as equals and friends? Thinking of them as higher than me intimidates me and makes me feel less close to them. That's why I've been putting off trying to connect with them

Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

venusian_entity wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:12 pm Do we have to worship the Immortals? Can I treat them as equals and friends? Thinking of them as higher than me intimidates me and makes me feel less close to them. That's why I've been putting off trying to connect with them
I, personally, always approach the Gods in a worshipful, respectful manner. While I'm sure there are others who have a far more business-like, transactional standing with them. Friends? Oh certainly. I'd never consider myself equal to any of them. But you don't need to feel afraid or intimidated for this. There's so much love and care in their power and wisdom.
I used to be terrified of the Aztec Gods... Then I actually met them. Don't be scared.

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

venusian_entity wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:12 pm Do we have to worship the Immortals? Can I treat them as equals and friends? Thinking of them as higher than me intimidates me and makes me feel less close to them. That's why I've been putting off trying to connect with them
No, you don't have to worship them, but not all Immortals favour being treated as friends. There does need to be a good level of respect for them, and some do require offerings, while others simply appreciate it as a gesture of thanks. It really depends on the Immortal you work with.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Don't forget spirit keeping of conjured and bound Immortals differs from non spirit keeping ways of working with them in one important respect.

The binding puts the relationship on a footing of mutual alignement. Some Immortals can be very friendly but respect should be there with any spirit companion. And CH says complicated rituals etc aren't needed with their bound companions.

So: with a CH CC Immortals, no, worship is not what it's about. But respect, admiration and appropriate friwndship are key principles in spirit keeping.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
venusian_entity
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mermaid
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune

Lewk wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 pm
Don't forget spirit keeping of conjured and bound Immortals differs from non spirit keeping ways of working with them in one important respect.

The binding puts the relationship on a footing of mutual alignement. Some Immortals can be very friendly but respect should be there with any spirit companion. And CH says complicated rituals etc aren't needed with their bound companions.

So: with a CH CC Immortals, no, worship is not what it's about. But respect, admiration and appropriate friwndship are key principles in spirit keeping.
I see, that is very helpful with the CH distinction. Thanks for letting me know @Lewk . :8)

Return to “Immortals”