Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

The ability to conjure, and speak to spirits, for thousands of years, was a reserved practice for those deemed worthy enough to peek behind the veil of the Spiritual Realm. How far we've all come, as we live in the 21st century, and the ability to keep spirits, which span multiple cultures, religions, Realms, and dimensions, is a daily practice for us all.

There is no doubt, the wisdom of the Spiritual Realm is available to the masses, and therefore, the power of the Spiritual Realm, in our lives, becomes a force which we relate to, and rely on.

Spirit Keeping is something that has become a widespread event, and in welcoming in so many new people it has become independently stronger. It has brought strength through new ideas, ingenuity, and passion, and it has also brought miscommunications, and misunderstanding.

There is nothing wrong in simply appreciating the art of Spirit Keeping. It is not a stepping stone, for all to become conjurers themselves. You can simply live as a Spirit Keeper, without the need to learn to do conjurations for yourself, or for strangers.

Being a Spirit Keeper means you live within the Spirit Keeping principles:

1. Responsibility
2. Respect
3. Communication
4. Honor

Responsibility- you take responsibility for ensuring you can provide a safe environment for your spirits. Which includes, if you have Dark Arts spirits, you keep solid House Rules.

Respect- you respect the varying beliefs, thoughts, and contributions of the spirits you keep, and don't admonish them with judgment, and criticism.

Communication- you make every, good faith, effort to communicate with your spirits. Even if you can't see, or hear them yet, they can still see, hear, feel, and know what you are doing.

Honor- you keep an open mind, you be considerate of their requests, and you treat them as you would any good friend.

They are basics, yes, but sometimes in the frustration of new Keepers not being able to see, hear, or feel their spirits, they become restless, and frustrated. Which only leads to even more difficulty in keeping spirits.

With the rate the Spirit Keeping community is now growing, it's important for you to remember it's a serious step. It's not like buying some new toy, it's a commitment of friendship, trust, and consideration between two entities (yourself, and the spirit).

It's perfectly okay for you to simply be a Spirit Keeper, it's a wonderful thing unto itself, and it does not mean that you are required, down the road, to delve into anything further than simply being a good Spirit Keeper.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:With the rate the Spirit Keeping community is now growing, it's important for you to remember it's a serious step. It's not like buying some new toy, it's a commitment of friendship, trust, and consideration between two entities (yourself, and the spirit).
THANK YOU. :thumbup: ::nice::

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Voidwalker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 336
Spelled Number: 720
Your favorite spirit to work with: Things that go bump

creepyhollows wrote: Being a Spirit Keeper means you live within the Spirit Keeping principles:

1. Responsibility
2. Respect
3. Communication
4. Honor

Responsibility- you take responsibility for ensuring you can provide a safe environment for your spirits. Which includes, if you have Dark Arts spirits, you keep solid House Rules.

Respect- you respect the varying beliefs, thoughts, and contributions of the spirits you keep, and don't admonish them with judgment, and criticism.

Communication- you make every, good faith, effort to communicate with your spirits. Even if you can't see, or hear them yet, they can still see, hear, feel, and know what you are doing.

Honor- you keep an open mind, you be considerate of their requests, and you treat them as you would any good friend.

I couldn't be more in agreement.

That is not dead which can eternal lie : And with strange aeons even death may die.

Then rose the seed of Chaos, and of Night,
To blot out order and extinguish light.

Yet from those flames
No light, but rather darkness visible.
Mehr03
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Thank you for this. <3

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

This is all so very true! :applause:
Love this thread! :thumbup:

Greetings,Tasha
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

As always, well said, Magnolia. Treat them as friends and the companionship will grow over the months.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Beautiful post Magnolia!!!!!!

For me not only all that you mentioned, but for me, it is about the friendship and seeing it grow, my spirits love me and I them, they are a part of my family and there is no ifs and butts about that!!!! It is just that way for me and them!!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I think this is a very helpful and educational post. I am sure that your post will serve as a great reminder for several spirit keepers, Magnolia, as well as helping us all grow in our role as one. I try my best every day to treat my spirit companions as friends, talking with them and including them in the activities I am doing. Still not able to hear, see or feel them yet, but I am working on sharpening my abilities. Who knows where we'll be 10 years from now? :)

Night Willow
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 250
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: My witches
If I could be anything, I would be...: Try all of them!
My magical/paranormal name...: Night Willow,
Zodiac:

How true! I know many spirits bound to a item with out the chance of release, this is another subject we should talk about. Who will care for your spirits when we pass on? Has anyone made arrangement with your spirits? And those that are to be handed to another keeper, I guess I'm saying do you have a will made put for your spirits continued care?

May you live life to the fullest
Goddess Bless
Night Willow

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Night Willow wrote:How true! I know many spirits bound to a item with out the chance of release, this is another subject we should talk about. Who will care for your spirits when we pass on? Has anyone made arrangement with your spirits? And those that are to be handed to another keeper, I guess I'm saying do you have a will made put for your spirits continued care?

May you live life to the fullest
Goddess Bless
Night Willow
All of mine will pass on to some of my children, the ones who are opened to spirit keeping!!! I have talked with them and they know what to do!!! I do know some where in the CH encyclopedia there is a article about this and there is an invocation on letting them go when the time comes for them to be set free!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Spirit Keeping”