OIL !!! confusion ???

Know any items that make your Spirits happy or mad? Post here!
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

I have used oils for many years. But generaly just the standards, nothing exotic or unusual or what ever.

I bought one of the Small Potion Bottles (hasn't come yet) and have the Ingrediance list Magnolia posted on one of the threads. I have been looking at differant sites for herbs and oils to make the potions.

I have come across so may differant types of the same oil and it is rather confusing. How does one know which to use? What the differances?

For instance, a few I've seen are.....

Indian Sandalwood
Arabian Sandalwood
Egyptian Sandalwood
Golden Sandalwood
Black Sandalwood
Tunisian Sandalwood

Romantic Musk
Egyptian Musk
Musk

Egyptian Vanilla
French Vanilla

Tunisian Frankincense
Sudanese Frankincense
Frankincense

Can anyone give me a hint on any of these????????? PLEASE !!!!!!

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
Nalathni
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Harpies, Peluda
If I could be anything, I would be...: A telekinetic Peluda
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I believe it's just a difference in where the oil was produced (Egypt vs India, etc). The properties of the oil should be the same because it's the same plant, just from a different part of the world. Though the fragrance may be slightly different (depends on what part of the plant they used).

Musk = virility, strength, attraction
Vanilla = love, lust, desire
Frankincense = purification, protection, spirituality, luck

One thing though. If you're using frankincense and it has something to do with spirits, make sure it's just frankincense and not a blend of frankincense and myrrh (unless it's your intent to make something materialize). Myrrh is good for purification and protection too, but it also causes manifestations. I made a potion several years ago and had forgotten that until this blonde woman started appearing in my house. :shock: I have since cross-referenced all my herb books. LOL

There is a difference in types of Sandalwood though, but not because of where it was produced. It's the color. Red sandalwood is associated with Venus and is used for love, beauty, attraction and happiness and has a slightly milder fragrance. White sandalwood is a stronger fragrance, is associated with the planet Mercury and is used for meditation, calming, and psychic development. It was/is also used in funeral pyres.

Hope that helps! :D

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire." ~ George Carlin

"Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!" ~ Oscar Wilde, on his deathbed

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams, The Old Astronomer to His Pupil
ImageImage
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Thank you.....that did help quite a bit. Sometimes I just wish I could smell them all....lol...but then my senses would get all confused and I still wouldn't know.

Sandlawood, Frankinsence, Myrr and Dragons Blood have allways been my staples for ritual use and offerings. I must remember that about the Myrr and make a note to use it to maybe help with connecting and manifestation.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Ah.... thanks for this... i was a little confused to, but this has helped!

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Yeah I was wondering that too... Thanks for the info!!

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

Wasnt_Me
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Nalathni wrote:I believe it's just a difference in where the oil was produced (Egypt vs India, etc). The properties of the oil should be the same because it's the same plant, just from a different part of the world. Though the fragrance may be slightly different (depends on what part of the plant they used).

Musk = virility, strength, attraction
Vanilla = love, lust, desire
Frankincense = purification, protection, spirituality, luck

One thing though. If you're using frankincense and it has something to do with spirits, make sure it's just frankincense and not a blend of frankincense and myrrh (unless it's your intent to make something materialize). Myrrh is good for purification and protection too, but it also causes manifestations. I made a potion several years ago and had forgotten that until this blonde woman started appearing in my house. :shock: I have since cross-referenced all my herb books. LOL

There is a difference in types of Sandalwood though, but not because of where it was produced. It's the color. Red sandalwood is associated with Venus and is used for love, beauty, attraction and happiness and has a slightly milder fragrance. White sandalwood is a stronger fragrance, is associated with the planet Mercury and is used for meditation, calming, and psychic development. It was/is also used in funeral pyres.

Hope that helps! :D
I'd like to hear more about using the frankincense and myrrh for manifestations if you don't mind. And who was this blonde woman?

What are these principles? Those of good & evil - the belief that nothing is good for a human being which does not make him just, self-controlled, brave, & free: & nothing evil which does not make him the opposite of these.
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

That is so odd, b/c I was told that myrrh is the scent my watcher would enjoy to have, so I actually burn a blend of both frankincense and myrrh, b/c it's what I have.
No apparitions that I can see of yet (I think that is me), but my "boss" watcher is very active, and I frequently feel his touch, he will even lie in bed with me (not in a sexual way, mind you) at night to stand guard.

Very interesting, indeed.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Nalathni
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Harpies, Peluda
If I could be anything, I would be...: A telekinetic Peluda
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Wasnt_Me wrote:I'd like to hear more about using the frankincense and myrrh for manifestations if you don't mind. And who was this blonde woman?
The myrrh is the part that helps in manifestations. You might try using incense and see if that gets any results. :) It's still going to partially depend on how sensitive you are, but it does help.

I wasn't trying to make anything manifest when we saw her. LOL I was doing my yearly house cleansing and there had been some weird spirit activity that we couldn't attribute to the ghost that hung out in our bathroom (he was killed there), so I added some extra protection ingredients to the cleansing potion I made. Frankincense is good for protection and purification, so is myrrh. But I forgot about the manifestation thing. There are so many uses for each different herb that it's sometimes really difficult to remember them all. Anyway, a couple of days after I put the potion around the house we had a friend over. He came out of our kitchen looking very confused and asked my husband why there was a blonde woman in the kitchen staring at him. :o My husband went in there and there was nobody there. He saw her himself a day or so later and I saw her in the hallway. He said it was an ex-girlfriend of his named Debbie and he was actually with her when she died. I guess she just stuck around him. He's pretty sensitive to this stuff though, so I'm not sure why he didn't notice her earlier. But he told her she needed to move on and asked her nicely to leave and we never saw her again. You can bet I won't forget about the myrrh again! :D

Watchers are protectors, so it makes sense that he would like that kind of incense. Frankincense smells pretty good, too. :D

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire." ~ George Carlin

"Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!" ~ Oscar Wilde, on his deathbed

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams, The Old Astronomer to His Pupil
ImageImage

Return to “Items”