New To Jinn

Taliya
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Okay, so recently I've asked my dijin for 2 wishes. Today when I was in the car, I had my eyes closed and there was a picture of a guy, fitting the description of my dijin physically, handing me 2 things and bowing to me. Could that have been my dijin basically telling me that my wishes were complete?

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

Taliya wrote:Okay, so recently I've asked my dijin for 2 wishes. Today when I was in the car, I had my eyes closed and there was a picture of a guy, fitting the description of my dijin physically, handing me 2 things and bowing to me. Could that have been my dijin basically telling me that my wishes were complete?
That could be something along the lines of him informing you he's completed them, but I guess there is always a million different interpretations!

The main thing with djinn is respect and authority, they don't tend to like weakness at all and as people have said require firm house rules.

One I always recommend for djinn keepers is to make them know not to grant ANY wish unless you call their name specifically before stating the wish.
This helps in day to day situations where you might randomly blurt out things like "Oh I wish he'd get lost" "Oh I wish I wasn't fat" or anything like that, which could cause them to grant that wish, and if its a darker ifrit or many other djinn races which enjoy tricking people you could find that person you wish would get lost in a pretty serious issue.

Having a great friend like connection with your djinn isn't something you should just jump into, think of them as like one of them people that have a hard exterior and don't usually smile or anything... its kind of like that type of person with djinn, where you probably won't get a lot out of them compassion wise until you get to know them better and they'll loosen up and from then anythings possible. But many do tend to be sceptical of humans when they first meet due to the Djinn's history with man.

Djinn love offerings, (as do most over spirits or entities) but they really do enjoy the smoke, and fragrant smells, Musk is always a safe bet, but they enjoy earthy tones, fruity tones, the only ones I find they dont enjoy personally in my collection are extremely floral ones, so offerings are great to help build up your relationship, and this can be through burning simple incense sticks which I started with, then I moved onto an oil burner as I didn't really enjoy how smokey my room got! so there are ample ways, including incense cones which are very small and compact and can sit on a little dish.

The best way to see how your relationship is doing with your djinn is just to focus on them, their description, ask them some questions, and use the feel of their energy to make a decision from that, don't doubt yourself just go with your gut instinct on how they are feeling.
I know one of mine when I first got him had a very witty attitude and was giving me the impression that he was kind of bored, and I usually don't ask much of them at all, and its usually good to wait till after the bonding period before you ask them for wishes etc, but this one in particular, a general ifrit from CH, wanted sometimes to do just after a few days, so I gave him tasks and he happily carried them out, you don't always need to WISH for something, you can ask them for example in my case, Id like a bit more energy for this coming day because of X, and they happily get on with it. So use your own intuition to judge how your relationship is coming on and what you may need to do in that case IE give them something to do, give them a break, maybe some more offerings if they are knew and you get the impression they aren't fully connecting to you just yet.

Taliya
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

Okay, I have been having problems. My ifrit has been disturbing my sleep for a while now. Like first he would shake me, then it would be only my head shaking, and I'm not liking it at all. I told him to stop before, and he did, but everytime I tell him to do it now, he doesn't. I'm really getting sick of it because I don't play with my sleep what so ever. I really don't want him anymore. I got him from here. What should I do?

Kahlal
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Shifters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Kahlal

You could try the secret to keeping dark arts trick listed in the encyclopedia. It's supposed to subdue them if they become too active. Or you could rehome him...but only if you're sure there's no way it'll work out. I think I read somewhere that djinn "test" your worthiness and take a bit of time to get used to but once you've earned their trust then they're a great asset to have.

sunshinegirl82
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

Hello All,

Like Taliya, I'm very new to a Djinn that I recently purchased from The Djinn Lair. It's a Marid and quite expensive.

It's a beautiful ring and was immediately drawn to it after viewing the inventory on that website. It's been the 3rd day that I've had this Djinn ring in my possession and haven't felt anything as yet. Can anyone offer any tips/suggestions as to how I can sense/see/feel my Djinn? I want to make sure he's with me, acknowledges me and that we make a connection!

BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

First off I'd like to say I have a few Djinn
Some are awesome, Some are troublesome
That being said, if you are having trouble with your Djinn look at the Encyclopedia like Foxxette said, I believe it was putting Turmeric on their vessels to drain off their energy (I've had to use this on a particularly troublesome Ifrit and it worked well with the other things I did to stop him from causing trouble)

As for ways to better connect with them
Well there is the old fashioned way of practice every day and you're get the trick
or there are services offered on the site
you can check on CH, Dark Desires or my page

It can sometimes take a while to get used to the little thoughts that come to you from your spirits, and to recognize them as not actually being your own
Most people think that because they 'hear' a thought in their head, that it must be them
But that's how most spirits talk to us

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
sunshinegirl82
new here
new here

BlazeTigerNahti wrote:First off I'd like to say I have a few Djinn
As for ways to better connect with them
Well there is the old fashioned way of practice every day and you're get the trick
or there are services offered on the site
you can check on CH, Dark Desires or my page
Thanks - can you better explain the old fashioned way of practice? I am bonding with my Djinn at all times but need a better sense as to how to sense/feel/see him. I would appreciate any advice!

BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Have you tried the Looking Glass method that they have on the just starting out section of the forum?
or have you closed your eyes and imagined a TV screen in your mind and let your spirit show themselves on the TV?
there are so many ways, and you can always adapt them to fit you better

I was lucky to have my first Ifrit be strong and an entity (I find my entities are more "there" than spirits

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
sunshinegirl82
new here
new here

Thanks- I will try what you've suggested. These are great ways and I will find one that I can work with :)

touwcabes
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: gha
Zodiac:

sunshinegirl82 wrote:Hello All,

Like Taliya, I'm very new to a Djinn that I recently purchased from The Djinn Lair. It's a Marid and quite expensive.

It's a beautiful ring and was immediately drawn to it after viewing the inventory on that website. It's been the 3rd day that I've had this Djinn ring in my possession and haven't felt anything as yet. Can anyone offer any tips/suggestions as to how I can sense/see/feel my Djinn? I want to make sure he's with me, acknowledges me and that we make a connection!
I have the same problem , can you tell me as solution

Return to “Djinn / Genie”