Questions You Should Ask Your Conjurer

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:prove their history in some way - whether by a demonstration of knowledge, or a sound reputation, you want proof. One of the great things about this forum is that you can readily look up almost any paranormal seller right now, and find a review about them somewhere here... you have proof of their service record and the quality of their work. Keep in mind that history is something that is easy to fake to an extent on the internet, but knowledge and reputation are NOT easy to fake. Especially not HERE. The proof, as we say, is in the pudding... and there are a LOT of sugar fiends here who are ready to stand up and shout when their pudding's been spiked with too much of the wrong substances. Dig a little.
The problem I see here is in two part:

1) The latest and most booming fad, is sellers who "learn conjuring from their spirits"...
That's a problem in and of itself, and if people don't see why, then the entire message of being cautious when it comes to conjurers, is lost.. people have to wake up.. if this method was so reliable, then Ash and Magnolia would not have spend the thousands of dollars they did on mentors teaching them.

2) Reviews are not full proof.. many of the people leaving feedback, are deaf and blind to spirits.. so how would they know if they really are getting what the conjurer said they got?

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

Bunni wrote: 1) The latest and most booming fad, is sellers who "learn conjuring from their spirits"...
That's a problem in and of itself, and if people don't see why, then the entire message of being cautious when it comes to conjurers, is lost.. people have to wake up.. if this method was so reliable, then Ash and Magnolia would not have spend the thousands of dollars they did on mentors teaching them.
Scratch that... if ANY other way of learning conjuring other than by mentors, was reliable, Ash and Magnolia would have found that way and avoided spending the thousands they did on mentors.

The community needs to look to Ash and Magnolia's standard, and expect the same from other conjurers i.e methods of training in conjuration.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:
MagickFromtheMysts wrote:prove their history in some way - whether by a demonstration of knowledge, or a sound reputation, you want proof. One of the great things about this forum is that you can readily look up almost any paranormal seller right now, and find a review about them somewhere here... you have proof of their service record and the quality of their work. Keep in mind that history is something that is easy to fake to an extent on the internet, but knowledge and reputation are NOT easy to fake. Especially not HERE. The proof, as we say, is in the pudding... and there are a LOT of sugar fiends here who are ready to stand up and shout when their pudding's been spiked with too much of the wrong substances. Dig a little.
The problem I see here is in two part:

1) The latest and most booming fad, is sellers who "learn conjuring from their spirits"...

2) Reviews are not full proof.. many of the people leaving feedback, are deaf and blind to spirits.. so how would they know if they really are getting what the conjurer said they got?
*nods*

I'd have to agree with this.

Unfortunately, here's the scenario.. with a lot of newbie keepers, they are so astounded with the idea and potentials of spirit keeping that they fail to apply common sense beyond what they want and what someone says they can get. And I concede it is a lot to process further once you are introduced to this world.
Maybe through trial and error they learn something more about the nature of the meta market, but often it's as Bunni states.. so many are openly unable to perceive spirits. Others, I'm afraid, may be misperceiving. Or easily influenced. There is no way to know for sure. The unseen world is a gamble, you know.. with so many hands in the batter.

It's a hopeless case, other than to stick to practitioners who specialize and who are renowned for that specialty (example Mag and Ash having been conjuring and binding spirits since what..the dawn of time? lol..), and many you can validate were in a certain practice from the get-go rather than an overnight 'hey I can conjure spirits now let me get you a mer-cheetah because nobody else has those! yet!' by doing your own research.
It's a great idea to ask questions of the conjurer, and all should be encouraged to disclose their personal history with an art/how long they have been doing it/their terms and definitions - but so many factors must be taken into consideration to figure what you're really looking at. Including a development of and confidence in yourself. Put in the investment. Don't be oohed and wowed by claims. Don't rely on members of this community as an authority just because they are active as sellers. Etc etc..

shadowdust
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I dont have a magical name
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:1) The latest and most booming fad, is sellers who "learn conjuring from their spirits"...
Actually, I think it's possible to learn conjure from spirit. My dark crystal dragon can conjure other entities to do thing he cant. I dont know if he can teach human his method or not since I never ask, but if entities can conjure then maybe there is some way to human learn from them.

But again, conjure for short term work is one thing, conjure and bind for long term relationship is another story.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

shadowdust wrote:
Bunni wrote:1) The latest and most booming fad, is sellers who "learn conjuring from their spirits"...
Actually, I think it's possible to learn conjure from spirit. My dark crystal dragon can conjure other entities to do thing he cant. I dont know if he can teach human his method or not since I never ask, but if entities can conjure then maybe there is some way to human learn from them.

But again, conjure for short term work is one thing, conjure and bind for long term relationship is another story.
I think you're missing the point entirely.. but to each their own.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I agree, learning conjuring from spirits should definitely have made the Hinky List - although to be honest I haven't seen a lot of people stating that recently. Then again, I've been a bit tied up and out of the loop, so if there's a lot of that going on right now, I've missed it right under my nose...

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I also think that the subtitle should be, "If you cannot answer this list of questions, think twice about being a conjurer or becoming one."
I guess I rather thought that particular conclusion was elementary...

But I suppose we are dealing with people who were educated in the modern fashions, so perhaps it did need to be stated that baldly. lol

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Sovereign
active contributor
active contributor

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:I also think that the subtitle should be, "If you cannot answer this list of questions, think twice about being a conjurer or becoming one."

But I suppose we are dealing with people who were educated in the modern fashions, so perhaps it did need to be stated that baldly. lol
Unfortunately, yes, we live in a day and age in which you can even state the above - point blank - and they will still stare at you, blink, and then ask: "What are you saying?" :\

Sovereign
active contributor
active contributor

:: I apologize for the double-post, I forgot to express my thanks to you for compiling and posting this resource: Thank you! :)

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Sovereign wrote:
MagickFromtheMysts wrote:

Unfortunately, yes, we live in a day and age in which you can even state the above - point blank - and they will still stare at you, blink, and then ask: "What are you saying?" :\
These are the same people who call for a Tarot reading, ask, "Will [object of my affection] call me?", and ask me what I mean when I answer, "If you want to hear from him, you will have to be the one to call him. He's focused on whatever's directly in front of him in his life right now, so if you want to communicate with him, reach out to him, which will put your name directly in front of him."

This is why I'm all for spelling everything out, including a flat-out warning that "If you can't answer the attached list of questions, you are not yet ready to hang out a shingle and become a conjurer. Keep studying." Then you hope they actually listen, and don't do anything that will hurt them or others.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”