Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So, here's something I'd like your opinion on, purely for discussion purposes, of course:

As time flows differently in the spirit realm than it does here, if someone you deeply admired were to pass away in this world, would you consider it an ethical practice to pounce on a binding?
Or would you possibly wait for weeks, months, years even?
Technically it's not like you're stealing anything, the spirit has to be willing.

Again, just a friendly reminder that this is all a theoretical discussion.

...Though, if given the chance, I'd snap up Tom Hiddleston in a second.

:Y *Ahem...*

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

As long as the spirit in question completely has the option of saying, "It's too soon for me to consider taking that step", and as long as they are not being asked or pressured to do anything that they are flat-out unwilling to do, I don't think it's unethical to *invite* them to make the connection. The terms have to be upfront about what will be asked of them and what will not, though -- such as, is this going to be strictly platonic, or does the person want more than that from the spirit? If the spirit's take on this is "Platonic only, or no dice", then they deserve the opportunity to make that distinction before agreeing to anything.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
emily
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

I almost missed the tiny letters xD lol. I would pick quite a few hehe
but i guess if they agree to it, i guess so.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Ok... I'm going to guess you might be talking about Paul Walker... or at least someone famous who passed away recently..

The general consensus is that it is best to wait at least a year, after the person has passed, before considering a binding of them. I don't think CH does bindings of people if they have not been deceased for at least a year..but I could be wrong.

In my view, one should allow the person who passed, the time to adjust to the afterlife and do what they need to do...

In any case... if I were you, I'd put in an HD Ticket to ask about it and get Ash/Mag's opinions.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

I was in this exact same predicament after a beloved spiritual teacher passed away in September 2012; I think I waited a couple of months until it felt 'right' to invite him into my life but as time doesn't exist in the unmanifest then it probably doesn't make a difference to them when you have them bound as at the end of the day they may not even want to 'come back' (so to speak)...personally the enlightened being I had bound isn't an interactive spirit like my other guys are but the binding is more a binding of his energy signature meaning that he doesn't speak to me like say...my vampires do but I feel his radiance shine through whenever I work with the binding...it's a tricky one and each keeper will have different thoughts/experiences with this!

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family

Return to “Human”