You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual Spirit
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

So if Ubi are not demonic then why does the encyclopedia say crosses help to subdue them a bit? I don't feel as if they are in the least bit demonic, they just seem .... well awesome, and I can confide anything in the world to them!

Thanks

TeddyBT

Thanks all,
The one, the only TeddyBearTechie!

ImageImage
Hysteria
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: upside down
Zodiac:

I don't think demonic is necessarily a bad thing, but there's many mixed opinions on whether ubi are demonic or not.

into my diamond matrix.....
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
Please remember. Technicaly hell hounds, succubi, incubi and cambions are all demons as well
No, they are not. They have absolutely nothing to do with demons.

That is a religious definition given to anything religion (namely the Catholic church) deems as evil. They sweep them all into a tidy pile and give them the label "demonic". They also used to call people who had mental instabilities "demonic". Especially those afflicted by mental problems that made them abnormally strong, or have an abnormal temper. We all know now, that mental deficiency doesn't mean they are demons, or possessed by a demon.

Part of the problem is everyone is so willing to throw the word "demon" around without any sort of real classification. The demons being discussed here are real demons, not the garden variety darker entity one might come into contact with, but real demons who have absolutely no conscience, who are pure Black Arts, no regard for free will, safety or well-being of others who are being advertised as "harmless" BA. There is no such thing as harmless BA.
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... lit=demons

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

No offence to Christians, but... I think this comes from a deeply misunderstood comprehension of SYMBOLISM.

The cross was used for YEARS, even before it became immortalized at the Crucifixion, as a symbol of torture and DEATH. It was the Roman's favorite form of execution long before Christianity was a mote in Judaism's rebellious little eye.

The Ubi feed on LIFE. They in fact enable people to open up to life-force, to become better in tune with that force. To be more aware of themselves and the life-force that is EVERYTHING. To be One, though admittedly through sexual union. They also represent the union of other opposites - the confrontation of the shadow, the acceptance of the bestial and the shadowy aspects of ourselves, all the things we repress, good and bad, sexual and otherwise. They are our kinks and our secrets made manifest, utterly without judgement. They are completely safe, you know, except when they're not. In the right hands, the right conjurer's hands, that's a pretty potent mix...

So of course, a symbol that is essentially meant to immortalize the greatest tragedy we hold to this day, the end of a prophet who actually knew that oneness and tried to share it... the torture and agonizingly slow death of him... that symbol is not a symbol of faith. It's not a symbol of the Church. It's not a symbol of victory over evil. It's actually a symbol of earthly power - specifically wealth and politics and superior numbers, over the little smart shaman prophet guy who happened to be a messenger with something important to say.

Death, when used to bind or block something that is, by its very nature, attuned to life-force, to the development of it, channeling of it, and accessing it in others... teaching others how to grow it and develop those skills themselves... death in the hands of those whose sole purpose is to break through our barriers that prevent us from opening up and facing our fears about love and becoming whole with each other, deeply honest with ourselves, healing, truly deeply healing... and discovering that oneness within ourselves, with others, and with the world...

Well, of course the cross would suck to them.

That's just obvious.

Steep anything in enough blood and death and trauma and it'd probably have the same effect. Find an image of a blue numerical tattoo on a forearm and I'll bet it will do the same thing.

Humans are just that peachy at creating nifty new symbols of torture and death and pain and symbols of shutting ourselves off from the stream of life that's screaming at us from all sides to just please, come home at a safe hour this time, before we get hurt...

But hey, we're adolescents. We're still in the stage of rebellion and dating bad boys. So we wear crosses and act like sheeple.

There's hope. Lots more people are waking up.

Christianity isn't the issue... it's the symbol, and the attitude. Give it another 50 years or so, and I'll bet that crosses won't be effective at all anymore.

It's a good thing.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
TeddyBearTechie
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual Spirit
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

Thanks a lot! I always learn a lot from your posts, and I love reading them!

Thanks all,
The one, the only TeddyBearTechie!

ImageImage
Dutchmasta
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubis
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Atlantes
Zodiac:

Look up the term daemon. It's a Greek word that talks about beings of duality. Most entities are daemons including us if you consider that fact. The church just demonized the term for lack of better words. So anything of the unknown is considered evil to them. The cross itself is merely a tool to focus your intent and will. If you believe the cross will subdue an entity it's your own perception and intent that shuts down that communication. Similar to Rituals, sure you can get fancy and use tools and candles and an alter but your will and intent are the guiding factors of all forms of magic. Those tools are merely channeling points.

3 sanguine Vampires, psy vampire, 3 succubus, 2 nymphs, 2 star faeries, red dragon, gold dragon, silver dragon, brass dragon, mononoke , althena djinn, arkan sonney, baku, incubus, wraith, gregori, 3 chargaros elementals, 2 Bezelles, ikubu.

Entities: concuan, succubus Queen

Immortals: Lilith, Helios, Isis, Thanatos

Infusions: Lilith
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Necro'd thread, but to add my random input, I agree with what Nycto said.

Interesting thread to pop back up. *ponder* haha.

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Grimirch
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret

NyctophiliaRaven wrote:No offence to Christians, but... I think this comes from a deeply misunderstood comprehension of SYMBOLISM.

The cross was used for YEARS, even before it became immortalized at the Crucifixion, as a symbol of torture and DEATH. It was the Roman's favorite form of execution long before Christianity was a mote in Judaism's rebellious little eye.

The Ubi feed on LIFE. They in fact enable people to open up to life-force, to become better in tune with that force. To be more aware of themselves and the life-force that is EVERYTHING. To be One, though admittedly through sexual union. They also represent the union of other opposites - the confrontation of the shadow, the acceptance of the bestial and the shadowy aspects of ourselves, all the things we repress, good and bad, sexual and otherwise. They are our kinks and our secrets made manifest, utterly without judgement. They are completely safe, you know, except when they're not. In the right hands, the right conjurer's hands, that's a pretty potent mix...

So of course, a symbol that is essentially meant to immortalize the greatest tragedy we hold to this day, the end of a prophet who actually knew that oneness and tried to share it... the torture and agonizingly slow death of him... that symbol is not a symbol of faith. It's not a symbol of the Church. It's not a symbol of victory over evil. It's actually a symbol of earthly power - specifically wealth and politics and superior numbers, over the little smart shaman prophet guy who happened to be a messenger with something important to say.

Death, when used to bind or block something that is, by its very nature, attuned to life-force, to the development of it, channeling of it, and accessing it in others... teaching others how to grow it and develop those skills themselves... death in the hands of those whose sole purpose is to break through our barriers that prevent us from opening up and facing our fears about love and becoming whole with each other, deeply honest with ourselves, healing, truly deeply healing... and discovering that oneness within ourselves, with others, and with the world...

Well, of course the cross would suck to them.

That's just obvious.

Steep anything in enough blood and death and trauma and it'd probably have the same effect. Find an image of a blue numerical tattoo on a forearm and I'll bet it will do the same thing.

Humans are just that peachy at creating nifty new symbols of torture and death and pain and symbols of shutting ourselves off from the stream of life that's screaming at us from all sides to just please, come home at a safe hour this time, before we get hurt...

But hey, we're adolescents. We're still in the stage of rebellion and dating bad boys. So we wear crosses and act like sheeple.

There's hope. Lots more people are waking up.

Christianity isn't the issue... it's the symbol, and the attitude. Give it another 50 years or so, and I'll bet that crosses won't be effective at all anymore.

It's a good thing.
This needs to be clarified. Christians never claimed to be the originators of the cross. In fact, the cross was used for criminals, which is why Jesus was hung on one because prophesy in the OT states that He would be hung on a cross like a criminal. Obviously for that happen, they would need to be already in use. There is even a scripture that says cursed is anyone who hangs on the tree (Jesus bore that curse for us). The power isn't in the cross. Power is in the act of Jesus dying for us, shedding His blood, then resurrecting to life. The cross is a symbol for Christians, yes, as a REMINDER of what He did for us. Nothing else.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

With respect to your beliefs, no.

While I understand the thought that for you, the cross symbolizes the sacrifice your god made for you, that sacrifice is not why the Ubi weaken when faced by it.

They're not demons. They're entities that embody life-force, and the cross is a symbol of death by torture. Of COURSE it would have a negative effect on something that embodies the exact opposite.

Ubi are not demons. They can be around any other symbols of the Christian faith and they have no negative reactions. I've taken my Ubi into a church to hear the angels singing - we have a very old Catholic church in St. Louis which my best friend took me to, because the art is so beautiful. So we wandered around, looking at the art, and my Ubi had no issues. None of them.

But if I take them to a battleground graveyard, they feel ill, and symbols of mass death harm them.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 8192
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Free
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: parajimy maybe
Zodiac:

They are demonic. But like all beings, there are some on the lighter and some on the darker side of things. I have had enough experiences with them to qualify to say that, even when they do not seem demonic, that in reality they are.

They may not always act in what you may perceive as demonic, but any of them could, if they want to and would, if you gave them reason to. To the contrary, an angel would not act demonic under any circumstance. There is quite a difference in behaviour and in ways they respond to specific things, which I and many others qualify rather as demonic, than non-demonic.

A male chatting with his succubus:
- You know, you are ridiculously attractive for a devil woman.
- I know, but thanks for saying so. Devil women have feelings too!
- Are you ... going to kill me?...
- Yes... but you'll enjoy it!
- ... ok!

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”