What some good basic house rules for newbies?

Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This thread was very helpfull for me too. It always helps to see how others have managed. Now to see that the rules are in effect and obeyed too!

phnxlvr87
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nymphos
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland Elf
Zodiac:

Great tip here! I keep a written list so I don't forget to enforce rules

luctor et emergo

Image image by Corey Ford

2 Phoenix, 3 Elves, 5 Fae, 5 Dragons, 2 Psy Vampires, 3 Nymphos, 2 Gargoyles, 2 Gregori. 1 each: Duojna, Fylgia, Volkh, Amphisbaenia, Caladrius, Aesclepius, Gryphon, Gnome, Dosojin, Galen, Sylvan, Freya, Thor, Aphrodite, Shaman, Boobrie, Cambion, Astral Djinn, Fortuna, mystery spirit.
Pat
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: All in my Keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: My best Self.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Aleris
Zodiac:

I'm so glad I finally found this. I appreciate the lists and tips that have been presented in this thread.

Keep: Encantado (L), Trio of Angels (MAJ), AA Michael, Unicorn (A), Glass Bell Seraph (Z), Khodam (R), Gold Dragon (C), Star Fairy (U), Arkan Sonney (L), Duojna, Female Marid Elder Jinn (M)

"I don't know where I'm going but, I'm on my way" - Carl Sagan
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Here's a good tip: You may OBSERVE my timeline, but you will not change it, allow anyone ELSE to change it, or encourage another to change it. You may use my spells and magick to improve my life or assist my family or spirits if they are willing. You may NOT bind other spirits, or invite others into my life without permission.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
MiikaLeigh
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
My magical/paranormal name...: UmbraLux
Zodiac:

So these are my house rules, that I have nutted out while I am waiting for my spirits to arrive, and they are quite extensive because I wanted to make sure I covered everything I've seen mentioned in this and other threads. Any suggestions or comments on these are welcome :)

I. All rules must be upheld at all times, regardless of the mental, emotional, or physical state I am in.

II. My house, my rules. I am the ultimate authority on these rules, and if they are not obeyed, the offending party will be punished. Punishments will scale to the severity of the offense, and I will be fair in my decisions. I reserve the right to alter, adapt, or in any way change these rules. I will ensure everyone is notified of any changes made.

III. This is my home and my family; in becoming a part of it I expect you to cooperate with all other members. Trust is important and we should all remain respectful towards each other.

IV. You are welcome to come with me when I go out, regardless of whether I take your vessel with me, unless I have requested personal time (see rule VIII). You may also share my food and drinks with me.

V. I will be as clear as possible in wording all requests and tasks, with the following constant: never cause harm to another being in carrying out your task(s), unless I explicitly state that is my intention, or when the conditions of rule XV are met.

VI. If I leave out food/drink offerings or treats, feel free to consume as much as you like. If you require energy, you may take what you need from my altar, within the following guidelines;
a) at no time are you permitted to take energy from active spellwork, and
b) you are not permitted to take energy from any of my devotional offerings to deities.

VII. Telepathy, intuition, or visions during relaxation/meditation is the best way to communicate with me, although please be patient as I am working on building my receptivity in these areas. Dream visitation is encouraged, but do not bring nightmares, and please aid my memory of the dream upon waking.

VIII. Everyone deserves time to themselves. I may ask for you to 'tune me out' and leave the immediate vicinity. If/when I request this alone time, I ask that you not listen to my thoughts, interact with me, or return until I verbally call you back. The maximum time I will request is three hours. I can be forgetful, so if I have not called you back within this time, please know you are welcome to return and/or resume listening in.

IX. Only manifest for others who are willing to see you, would not be harmed in any way by it, and when doing so would not endanger the Family (or any members thereof) in any way.

X. You are not to attempt to frighten or otherwise negatively influence anyone in the household without instruction. This includes me, the Family, visitors, pets, and wildlife.

XI. There is to be no interfering with communications between any members of the Family (spirits, entities, people, animals) or visitors. You are not to take energy from me, Family members, or visitors to our home, unless it is willingly and explicitly offered.

XII. Guard my secrets, sensitive information, and personal life from those I do not want aware of their details. To the best of your ability, stop others from prying into my affairs, or stumbling across such information accidentally. Keep the home safe and happy for all of us, and I will endeavour to do the same.

XIII. At home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in intent (especially targeting me, my loved ones, the Family, or anyone else in our household) is not permitted entry to the house.

XIV. Outside the home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in nature or intends to do harm is to be kept as far away from me, my loved ones, and our home, as your abilities allow.

XV. Engage unbounds and report to me, or use your best judgement if their intentions are non-threatening. If any spirit, entity, magick, or energy is identified as intending to harm any of us (me, my loved ones, and/or the Family) in any way, they are to be reflected, dispersed, or destroyed, at your discretion. Protect the Family from harm by whatever means necessary, but ask me before causing harm to anyone in the name of defense. Pursue and remove anything with malicious intent.

XVI. Absolutely NO physical attacks are permitted, even in retaliation.

XVII. Do not act on any thoughts, feelings, or harsh words I may say, without my express permission. Sometimes I can be hasty and impulsive, especially if I am emotionally charged.

XVIII. Always assess the situation objectively before performing a requested action. If you disagree with a task or action I have requested of you, tell me. If I continue to insist upon a course of action you know is not what I truly want, or will not aid me in
a) following my destiny/life path,
b) fulfilling my goal(s), or
c) growing & developing as a person,
I give you full permission to disregard the objectionable instruction, and act as if you completed the task without actually doing so.

XIX. In the event of any disagreement amongst members of the Family, you should come directly to me if no amicable resolution can be reached. Do not block each other, and absolutely no fighting. Remain civil with one another until the situation can be resolved.

XX. Lying is unacceptable in our Family, with the noted exception of rule XVIII.

I mentioned "the Family" so often that it's got me thinking of the Godfather LOL

~ no rest for the wicked ~

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, The Pokemon Movie, 1998
surest
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

MiikaLeigh wrote:So these are my house rules, that I have nutted out while I am waiting for my spirits to arrive, and they are quite extensive because I wanted to make sure I covered everything I've seen mentioned in this and other threads. Any suggestions or comments on these are welcome :)

I. All rules must be upheld at all times, regardless of the mental, emotional, or physical state I am in.

II. My house, my rules. I am the ultimate authority on these rules, and if they are not obeyed, the offending party will be punished. Punishments will scale to the severity of the offense, and I will be fair in my decisions. I reserve the right to alter, adapt, or in any way change these rules. I will ensure everyone is notified of any changes made.

III. This is my home and my family; in becoming a part of it I expect you to cooperate with all other members. Trust is important and we should all remain respectful towards each other.

IV. You are welcome to come with me when I go out, regardless of whether I take your vessel with me, unless I have requested personal time (see rule VIII). You may also share my food and drinks with me.

V. I will be as clear as possible in wording all requests and tasks, with the following constant: never cause harm to another being in carrying out your task(s), unless I explicitly state that is my intention, or when the conditions of rule XV are met.

VI. If I leave out food/drink offerings or treats, feel free to consume as much as you like. If you require energy, you may take what you need from my altar, within the following guidelines;
a) at no time are you permitted to take energy from active spellwork, and
b) you are not permitted to take energy from any of my devotional offerings to deities.

VII. Telepathy, intuition, or visions during relaxation/meditation is the best way to communicate with me, although please be patient as I am working on building my receptivity in these areas. Dream visitation is encouraged, but do not bring nightmares, and please aid my memory of the dream upon waking.

VIII. Everyone deserves time to themselves. I may ask for you to 'tune me out' and leave the immediate vicinity. If/when I request this alone time, I ask that you not listen to my thoughts, interact with me, or return until I verbally call you back. The maximum time I will request is three hours. I can be forgetful, so if I have not called you back within this time, please know you are welcome to return and/or resume listening in.

IX. Only manifest for others who are willing to see you, would not be harmed in any way by it, and when doing so would not endanger the Family (or any members thereof) in any way.

X. You are not to attempt to frighten or otherwise negatively influence anyone in the household without instruction. This includes me, the Family, visitors, pets, and wildlife.

XI. There is to be no interfering with communications between any members of the Family (spirits, entities, people, animals) or visitors. You are not to take energy from me, Family members, or visitors to our home, unless it is willingly and explicitly offered.

XII. Guard my secrets, sensitive information, and personal life from those I do not want aware of their details. To the best of your ability, stop others from prying into my affairs, or stumbling across such information accidentally. Keep the home safe and happy for all of us, and I will endeavour to do the same.

XIII. At home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in intent (especially targeting me, my loved ones, the Family, or anyone else in our household) is not permitted entry to the house.

XIV. Outside the home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in nature or intends to do harm is to be kept as far away from me, my loved ones, and our home, as your abilities allow.

XV. Engage unbounds and report to me, or use your best judgement if their intentions are non-threatening. If any spirit, entity, magick, or energy is identified as intending to harm any of us (me, my loved ones, and/or the Family) in any way, they are to be reflected, dispersed, or destroyed, at your discretion. Protect the Family from harm by whatever means necessary, but ask me before causing harm to anyone in the name of defense. Pursue and remove anything with malicious intent.

XVI. Absolutely NO physical attacks are permitted, even in retaliation.

XVII. Do not act on any thoughts, feelings, or harsh words I may say, without my express permission. Sometimes I can be hasty and impulsive, especially if I am emotionally charged.

XVIII. Always assess the situation objectively before performing a requested action. If you disagree with a task or action I have requested of you, tell me. If I continue to insist upon a course of action you know is not what I truly want, or will not aid me in
a) following my destiny/life path,
b) fulfilling my goal(s), or
c) growing & developing as a person,
I give you full permission to disregard the objectionable instruction, and act as if you completed the task without actually doing so.

XIX. In the event of any disagreement amongst members of the Family, you should come directly to me if no amicable resolution can be reached. Do not block each other, and absolutely no fighting. Remain civil with one another until the situation can be resolved.

XX. Lying is unacceptable in our Family, with the noted exception of rule XVIII.

I mentioned "the Family" so often that it's got me thinking of the Godfather LOL
Thank you for this wonderful house rules...... Nice work so far.

Esoteric scientist

MiikaLeigh
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
My magical/paranormal name...: UmbraLux
Zodiac:

They've been upheld so far, and I have only just had to edit them slightly to now add
"XXI there is to be no interference with anyone else's kept spirits or magickal, energy, or spiritual work while we cohabit. Play nice."
as I've moved in with a friend who also keeps, just to ensure there is minimal conflict, if at all.

~ no rest for the wicked ~

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, The Pokemon Movie, 1998
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

yep theres some great house rules in here

spirits lots
Mysticalninja
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

Darkwing dook (thank you so much) sent me the link to this topic and even though it’s a few years old I found it super helpful. I want to thank everyone who had put in their input and took the time to write some/all of their house rules. It will definitely help me write my own house rules.

I am very new to this and am currently waiting for my first Star Faery and Chinese Fox that I ordered a few days ago.

Those who have house rules, do you have it posted in your home or written somewhere to look back on or have as a little reminder?

Right now, I’m kinda brainstorming and writing it on my iPhone notes but will end up writing it on paper once it’s finalized.

Thank you again everyone! :)

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Just sharing old threads : )
Mysticalninja wrote: Those who have house rules, do you have it posted in your home or written somewhere to look back on or have as a little reminder?
Some ideas are to make a poster in your room, or write it in your journal, book of spells, etc, or have a spell for that:
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... RULES.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”