What some good basic house rules for newbies?

Mysticalninja
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Darkwing dook -you’re awesome :)

Thank you so much

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I've reduced mine to some very simple and common courtesy type things. Don't directly interact with anyone who doesn't believe in spirits without getting permission from me first, don't help anyone who does without their permission, don't do anything that will scare people except if it's in defense of someone. I have also stated that I would follow the same guidelines when visiting their realms, provided they don't violate the custom for guests there.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
Zodiac:

I need to write mine down. Right now theyre just in my phone but that'll do for now. I also have rules about when they can and cannot enter the bathroom because I'm pretty private sometimes lol. And they're not allowed to make themselves known through mirrors or closets because A) thats a classic horror movie trope and B) I've had bad/creepy experiences with both of those as a kid

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

My family falls in a wide range of places on the WA-to-DA scale, from strongly WA through very dark DA. (No BA, though -- that's not happening.) Anyway, I do have a rule that states I understand that not every spirit/entity/servitor is going to want to be BFFs with every other family member. The solution for any issues where two beings might not be fond of each other is to just pay one another no attention. However, in case of any emergency, then all family members MUST work together, setting aside any differences, to resolve the crisis.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
GoldenAitvaras
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons & Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Water Dragon
Zodiac:

Any advice on how to make house rules shorter? I'm just now making house rules and currently i have 35 house rules and i think it might be too much. I'm still a beginner/novice so i don't really know the way to go about it.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

GoldenAitvaras wrote:Any advice on how to make house rules shorter? I'm just now making house rules and currently i have 35 house rules and i think it might be too much. I'm still a beginner/novice so i don't really know the way to go about it.
Mm maybe:
1. Make sure they're all necessary. Edit any unnecessary.
2. Make sure they're not redundant. Edit any redundancy.
3. Confirm with each of the companions in your keep.
4. Repeat from 1 until you're satisfied.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
GoldenAitvaras
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons & Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Water Dragon
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
GoldenAitvaras wrote:Any advice on how to make house rules shorter? I'm just now making house rules and currently i have 35 house rules and i think it might be too much. I'm still a beginner/novice so i don't really know the way to go about it.
Mm maybe:
1. Make sure they're all necessary. Edit any unnecessary.
2. Make sure they're not redundant. Edit any redundancy.
3. Confirm with each of the companions in your keep.
4. Repeat from 1 until you're satisfied.
I can't confirm with any of them since i'm still a beginner/novice and can't actually communicate with them yet. Anyway , i decided to delete them all and just start off with 5 rules.

Preston
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 37
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sitael, Haiael
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dominations
My magical/paranormal name...: Preston
Zodiac:

MiikaLeigh wrote:So these are my house rules, that I have nutted out while I am waiting for my spirits to arrive, and they are quite extensive because I wanted to make sure I covered everything I've seen mentioned in this and other threads. Any suggestions or comments on these are welcome :)

I. All rules must be upheld at all times, regardless of the mental, emotional, or physical state I am in.

II. My house, my rules. I am the ultimate authority on these rules, and if they are not obeyed, the offending party will be punished. Punishments will scale to the severity of the offense, and I will be fair in my decisions. I reserve the right to alter, adapt, or in any way change these rules. I will ensure everyone is notified of any changes made.

III. This is my home and my family; in becoming a part of it I expect you to cooperate with all other members. Trust is important and we should all remain respectful towards each other.

IV. You are welcome to come with me when I go out, regardless of whether I take your vessel with me, unless I have requested personal time (see rule VIII). You may also share my food and drinks with me.

V. I will be as clear as possible in wording all requests and tasks, with the following constant: never cause harm to another being in carrying out your task(s), unless I explicitly state that is my intention, or when the conditions of rule XV are met.

VI. If I leave out food/drink offerings or treats, feel free to consume as much as you like. If you require energy, you may take what you need from my altar, within the following guidelines;
a) at no time are you permitted to take energy from active spellwork, and
b) you are not permitted to take energy from any of my devotional offerings to deities.

VII. Telepathy, intuition, or visions during relaxation/meditation is the best way to communicate with me, although please be patient as I am working on building my receptivity in these areas. Dream visitation is encouraged, but do not bring nightmares, and please aid my memory of the dream upon waking.

VIII. Everyone deserves time to themselves. I may ask for you to 'tune me out' and leave the immediate vicinity. If/when I request this alone time, I ask that you not listen to my thoughts, interact with me, or return until I verbally call you back. The maximum time I will request is three hours. I can be forgetful, so if I have not called you back within this time, please know you are welcome to return and/or resume listening in.

IX. Only manifest for others who are willing to see you, would not be harmed in any way by it, and when doing so would not endanger the Family (or any members thereof) in any way.

X. You are not to attempt to frighten or otherwise negatively influence anyone in the household without instruction. This includes me, the Family, visitors, pets, and wildlife.

XI. There is to be no interfering with communications between any members of the Family (spirits, entities, people, animals) or visitors. You are not to take energy from me, Family members, or visitors to our home, unless it is willingly and explicitly offered.

XII. Guard my secrets, sensitive information, and personal life from those I do not want aware of their details. To the best of your ability, stop others from prying into my affairs, or stumbling across such information accidentally. Keep the home safe and happy for all of us, and I will endeavour to do the same.

XIII. At home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in intent (especially targeting me, my loved ones, the Family, or anyone else in our household) is not permitted entry to the house.

XIV. Outside the home: any spirit, entity, magick, or energy that is malicious in nature or intends to do harm is to be kept as far away from me, my loved ones, and our home, as your abilities allow.

XV. Engage unbounds and report to me, or use your best judgement if their intentions are non-threatening. If any spirit, entity, magick, or energy is identified as intending to harm any of us (me, my loved ones, and/or the Family) in any way, they are to be reflected, dispersed, or destroyed, at your discretion. Protect the Family from harm by whatever means necessary, but ask me before causing harm to anyone in the name of defense. Pursue and remove anything with malicious intent.

XVI. Absolutely NO physical attacks are permitted, even in retaliation.

XVII. Do not act on any thoughts, feelings, or harsh words I may say, without my express permission. Sometimes I can be hasty and impulsive, especially if I am emotionally charged.

XVIII. Always assess the situation objectively before performing a requested action. If you disagree with a task or action I have requested of you, tell me. If I continue to insist upon a course of action you know is not what I truly want, or will not aid me in
a) following my destiny/life path,
b) fulfilling my goal(s), or
c) growing & developing as a person,
I give you full permission to disregard the objectionable instruction, and act as if you completed the task without actually doing so.

XIX. In the event of any disagreement amongst members of the Family, you should come directly to me if no amicable resolution can be reached. Do not block each other, and absolutely no fighting. Remain civil with one another until the situation can be resolved.

XX. Lying is unacceptable in our Family, with the noted exception of rule XVIII.

I mentioned "the Family" so often that it's got me thinking of the Godfather LOL
Thanks for the rule set I am deploying and it will be of great help.

Thank you very much.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”