What some good basic house rules for newbies?

Ravenna182
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: unknown
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kyūketsuki
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

hey I've read through all this and it's got me wondering: what are some decent examples of house rules (even basic ones) for beginners/newbies and everyone else as well?
I am currently re- working on my house rules and I'm clueless as to what to write down and what is needed for them. I had rules before but noone was following them so now I'm trying to rework them so that my spirits will follow them.

any and all help is appreciated!

Ravenna

2 RA CH (1 CH male Chinese fox, 1 male courtwind Angel), 1 incubus, 1 male demonic werewolf, 1 male goblin wizard, 2 male Psy Vamps, 3 male Eterno Amante Sangs Vamps, 1 male Blood Elf

ON THE WAY:
1 BRIGGISH ALLIANCE : DROW ELF, 1 female VAMPIRE : PSY, 1 female BRONWYN ANGEL : (C5, TIER 2), 1 Female RED DRAGON, 1 Male VOLKH, 1 CUSTOM CONJURE ENOCHIAN ANGEL : BARADIEL, 4 CH RAs, 2 male sang vampires, 1 male frost elf, 1 male dark elf from white tides clan, 1 alpha female werecat,
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Ravenna182
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

umm.. I hate to say this but I already read that thread and it didn't answer my question.

2 RA CH (1 CH male Chinese fox, 1 male courtwind Angel), 1 incubus, 1 male demonic werewolf, 1 male goblin wizard, 2 male Psy Vamps, 3 male Eterno Amante Sangs Vamps, 1 male Blood Elf

ON THE WAY:
1 BRIGGISH ALLIANCE : DROW ELF, 1 female VAMPIRE : PSY, 1 female BRONWYN ANGEL : (C5, TIER 2), 1 Female RED DRAGON, 1 Male VOLKH, 1 CUSTOM CONJURE ENOCHIAN ANGEL : BARADIEL, 4 CH RAs, 2 male sang vampires, 1 male frost elf, 1 male dark elf from white tides clan, 1 alpha female werecat,
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

No worries, I figured just in case I would post them because they helped me a bit C:

My rules that have worked for me so far include the following, organized randomly as of right now:
  • -- Only manifest for those who are willing to see you, would not be harmed by it, and would not endanger the spirit family for that knowledge
    -- Never attempt to frighten keeper, family members, or pets.
    -- Allow only well-intentioned guests from either world to visit, and prevent them from causing any accidental harm to the best of your abilities. Inform keeper of these visitors if it is prudent.
    -- Do not take energy from keeper/family members/pets unless offered (specifically for vamps)
    -- Protect family from harm by whatever means necessary, but ask keeper before causing harm to anyone in the name of defence
    -- Dream visitation is welcome, but do not bring nightmares
    -- Respect all spirits, living and dead, and if there are disagreements or conflict amongst the spirit family, behave civilly towards one another and do not involve others unless it is in the name of peacekeeping.
Now that's my wording and I've gone through with each of my spirits so they understand what I mean by each rule, so this definitely isn't a list that would work to copy/paste, haha. But hopefully it is at least helpful for examples of issues to cover.

Devika
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I have one basic one: Work within the laws of karma. I leave it to them to work with karma in any way they see fit.

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
Ravenna182
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

bump

ON THE WAY:
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

So what are you wanting specifically? People have given you links to threads with great rules and you weren't happy with those rules. While others posted rules for you and you still aren't satisfied with those rules either....so what specifically are you wanting as far as rules go?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I agree with Dark... it would help if you were specific about what you are wanting, seeing as everything suggested so far is not what you are looking for.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

borrowed from looking at good house rules 8
Spirit House Rules
01. Pranks are allowed as long as no harm comes to any one.
02. Please only show yourself to me. Others must not even know you are around.
03. All must get along or at least respect each other. No fighting please.
04. you are allowed to come with me anywhere even if I don't take your vessel. However, when I call on you, please come to my aid immediately.
05. You can use my energy if you feel weak.
06. Do not act on any thoughts, feelings or harsh words I may say, without my permission and do not
twist my words, please.
07. No interfering with communications with other bound spirits, or unbounds that are welcomed.
08. Engage unbounds and report or use your best judgment if their intentions are good.
09. Pursue and remove anything with malicious intent.
10. Harm non.
- ENGAGE UNBOUNDS & REPORT
IF YOU ARE ADVANCED AS A KEEPER & YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPIRITS THEN HAVING THEM ENGAGE UNBOUNDS WHO ARE WILLING TO COMMUNICATE & FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE THERE, ARE THEY JUST PASSING THROUGH? ARE THEY THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTRACTED TO YOUR SPACE? WERE THEY SENT THERE? SOMETIMES THAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT & CAN HELP YOU DETERMINE THE ATMOSPHERE OF YOUR SPACE. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE DA YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS, YOU SHOULD HAVE A STRICTER STAND ON WHAT KIND OF UNBOUNDS ARE ALLOWED IN YOUR SPACE.

- DISARM MALICIOUS MAGICK
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO IMMEDIATELY DISARM ANY MAGICK THAT IS SENT YOUR WAY BY SOMEONE ELSE, OR IS AROUND YOU BY CIRCUMSTANCE.

- KEEP WATCH IMMEDIATELY ON PROPERTY
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO BE ON GUARD & ALWAYS AT THE READY TO ACT AGAINST ANY PENDING ISSUE

- PURSUE & REMOVE ANYTHING WITH MALICIOUS INTENT
TASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO AGGRESSIVELY PURSUE ANY QUESTIONABLE SPIRIT, ENTITY, OR MAGICK AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR SPACE IMMEDIATELY

- IDENTIFY ANY POSSIBLE CONFLICTS
ASK YOUR DA SPIRITS TO HELP JUDGE THE CHARACTER OF PEOPLE, SPIRITS, ENTITIES, AROUND YOU. SOMETIMES HAVING THAT EXTRA INPUT BECOMES INVALUABLE IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS. SOMETIMES YOUR RESERVATIONS ABOUT A PERSON OR SITUATION IS CONFIRMED. THEY HAVE A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE, LET THEM HELP YOU.

- HARM NONE
THIS SHOULD BE A STAPLE FOR ANY HOUSE RULES FOR ANY ONE. YOU DON'T WANT YOUR DA SPIRITS TO ACT ON SOMETHING IN A NEGATIVE WAY

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Ravenna182
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

dark and bunni, all I did was bump the thread. what's wrong with that? also thank you Ash that is precisely what I was looking for. :)

ON THE WAY:

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”