You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 68
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Tough choice, IDK
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mae Moonshadow
Zodiac:

I'm very glad to read these. It's important for new and older members to know these rules, especially the first one. I posted something a few months and a tenured member made a rather mean and rather personal comment. They might have been trying to be funny or sarcastic but it didn't immediately come off that way. I made me very hesitant to post anything for awhile. I still am when I see this person's name in the discussion.

We are who we choose to be. Fate, Destiny, the Gods, the Ancestors... they can put a path before us. We still have to choose to walk it.
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

kyunkyunkyu wrote:
Drake wrote:Please note the recent addition to the rules:
23. If you are quoting material from an online, or physically published, source you will need to cite where your information is derived. Your post will be removed if you do not quote your source as we do not condone plagiarism.
Ooo so it becomes more academic and professional:)
I wonder if there's a preferable format for citation, or free form is fine, like just putting the link in the post.
Just including the person's name, site or book and saying the info was gotten from there, should be fine. If you're using a link, please remember that links to other meta sellers are not allowed outside of the seller's section.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Drake wrote:
kyunkyunkyu wrote:
23. If you are quoting material from an online, or physically published, source you will need to cite where your information is derived. Your post will be removed if you do not quote your source as we do not condone plagiarism.
I wonder if there's a preferable format for citation, or free form is fine, like just putting the link in the post.
Just including the person's name, site or book and saying the info was gotten from there, should be fine. If you're using a link, please remember that links to other meta sellers are not allowed outside of the seller's section.
Good point on when and where to post (or not post) seller links. I'm a big fan of using links. But if we're getting info from a seller's site, we can at least say their name when citing the information.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Drake wrote:
kyunkyunkyu wrote:
Alright, thank you:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why should we not share the names of our spirits?

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

BinariesOfDreamsAndInk wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why should we not share the names of our spirits?
As far as I have read:
-it might be used by the non-keepers to call the spirit
-it might create confusion when there are 2 or more spirits in the same race who have the same name
-there was a debate in one thread that one claimed to have communicated with another's spirit, but gave different answer about how the spirit was feeling about the keeper (might be related to the ban for vessel reading as well)

As long as other people can't say the name of the spirit from another keeper, their claim about what the spirit does or says is doubtful and not valid. It can as well be that they contact an unbound spirit around them, or around that keeper.

Maybe others have a better answer about this, though:/

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
iamwookie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 1000
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I thought the biggest reason was that it was disrespectful to the spirit to share their names?

Spirit Family: Many Different Beings
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

After 7 years or so, these rules seem fine with me.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why should we not share the names of our spirits?
There are no stupid questions! Usually this isn't an issue with spirits who are bound by reputable practitioners who have the proper protections in place, but sometimes people claim to tamper with or provoke the spirits of others. For this reason we say to err on the side of caution and not name your spirits by their true name. This way it completely removes any doubt someone is trying to mess with you or your spirits in any way.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

Phew... Finally read it all, I'll try to be sure to remember all this and to be good. These rules sound pretty good too, they're not hard to follow if you know them and are actually doing what you're supposed to. Now that I've read them I'm gonna do my best to follow them! Thanks for making them easily understandable and straight forward~ I really appreciate that. :)

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©

Return to “Dark Arts”