The Necronomicon in Chaos Magick & Beyond

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

What sets it apart.

While I am quite familiar with the Babylonian portrayal of this magick, such as we find in the Simon Necronomicon, I feel it is limiting in perception and potential. It's an interpretation which gained popularity through relevant ties embedded in Lovecraft's work, but by no means a definitive source.

Much more beneficial, in my view is the application of direct gnosis, as unfathomable as it may appear. This calls one to suspend their notion of reality in order to find it. Invisible to those bound by the ordered cosmos and what has been driven in by popular opinion (of any sort).
For what is the unfathomable but the unknown, and what is the unknown but a gateway to beyond. If your wish is to transcend, to evolve, then the mentality presented here alone is enough to make waves.

So I speak on the lovecraft mythos as my husband and I work with it.
Limitless, unbound, exotic, supercedent of sanity, potentially dangerous. Above all else - liberating.

The Lovecraftian paradigm, as recognized, is commonly applied in Chaos magick - by both the serious and unserious alike - in equal power.

Chaos magick, in essence is the most practical occult form out there. Whilst still being.. well, chaotic - completely and utterly so.
Is Chaos not the 'Order' we deserve?
This magick is a paradox of mentality, and serves to reveal what true magick really is.

It's methodology entails acknowledging the energetic current in all ideas, manifest and unmanifest
and enacting them through calculation.
Power is assigned to all things, be they no-things or some-things, by our will enlivened.
Everything brought back to it's archetypal root.
If we recognize old gods for their personified power what is to say 'they' have not manifested in several forms, what is to say 'they' do not exist in new forms, why not have the leisure of manifesting the archetype or energy in accordance to that relevance as 'cosmically' as it is consciously?
Why not acknowledge that there is a force independent to each source of impact, and nothing more is certain to define it.

Why not then take what we know and figure it into what we wish to manifest based on what it has already manifested.
Did Bugs Bunny make you laugh? Then invoke Bugs Bunny to be the life of a party.. Bugs Bunny is the trickster, manifest him for trickery..
Did Sherlock Holmes unlock a new dimension of thought? Then call him to aid you in scholarly efforts..

Cthulhu lies deep, but dreaming.. he is the unconscious, and he is the third eye.. and his focus can wake a great many things.
He is called from beyond, yet concealed in the recesses of inner darkness.

And what are they? Currents of energy.. and they exist in many things.
Few mythologies have real proof backing their existence, but it is undeniable concerning the impact, and there are those of us who hold faith in them because they mean something for us, because they have manifested for us and that makes sense - to us.
What makes sense is the interactive, whatever the form may take.. and that is what holds the most impact.
Whether old god, new god or newly incarnated god-form..

So here we have some background, a crash course through where that application in it's essence allows you amazing and unheard of connections..
an opportunity to expand your dimensions.

We come to the Necronomicon, as a source in itself.
To understand this is to understand what Lovecraft's occult, the entities and deities and nature within, represent.

The Necronomicon mythos in particular, is unique. It's core essence as an 'entity' of power and the many facets therein,
are a gnosis of Chaos.
It's magnificent presence, though unseen to the busy-bodied populace and vaguely felt, is a source that reaches beyond the dimensional, with the extra-dimensional.

While maintaining each, unique influence the deities of Lovecraft's vision - and in his vision exactly,
open one's mind and spirit in unison to a cosmos-shattering rabbit hole of gains not limited by consciousness - but hidden within unconscious,
without the bounds of what we perceive or what impacts us every day, rather a place unfamiliar to the senses - one of which we cannot fathom or comprehend.
And are not meant to. Going there, really going there, is the most overwhelming thing you could ever hope to experience, for lack of better terms let's say 'headsploding'.
Quite enough to trigger panic, and lead one to psychological crisis, as it is quite obvious as a species we were not built for that.

It is a purest divinity, beyond the bars of time and space.. it is nameless, and indescribable. And that is what it 'is'.

This can be held symbolically, but it is a literal non-force of being that contains infinity.
It is the paradox of CHaos magick incarnate, but it is not - it is Chaos itself. And it is Death itself unbound.

Dead, But Dreaming

The Necronomicon mythos stands for that which is innate, that which we fear with conviction but without comprehension.. paving a way to the unraveling of reality as we know it,
teetering off the edge of reason into an abyss comprised singularly of that terror, manifesting as unreality.

If this sounds confusing..
imagine the vertices of an icosahedron and a parabolic curve multiplying and imploding simultaneously, but at opposite times reflected in waves of invisible matter.

You can't.

Necronomicon is the incomprehensible current which pulses Beyond. And it is a divine representation of the Chaos embedded within us, projected unspoken and absorbed unknowing.
Visions flicker in the dark flame we contain - our unrestrained being, the primordial absence of light which we've conquered and banished in ignorance..
out of fear for that beast.

And the archetypes, godforms or figureheads of this source, the deities of the Necronomicon, are incarnations our Shadow can meet behind the veil.
A surge that releases our flame, and opens a gateway to energetic manipulation manifested through that Beyond.

Hence, incomparable.

Being open to that unfathomable gnosis, while absorbed by Shadow long enough to connect with representatives we can affix qualities to, both attractive and reprehensible to the senses,
is the stimulation necessary for true transcendence. A fine opportunity.

This paradigm is most exemplary, relatable and complementary to Qliphotic workings in these aspects (The Qliphoth, while fluid, being far more systematic in approach.. and I won't delve into here).

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Addendum -

Working with the eldritch and abominable nature of the Necronomicon paradigm can be described as a process of internalizing 'supernal' forces - Chaos, Void, and Beyond - by sentient forms (or masks of the indescribable), in order to benefit, advance and transcend through them.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I disagree with your view of Lovecraft as one of his friends and co-writers was Frank Belknap Long who I knew and part of his library I personally own along with (in the past) some Lovecraft manuscripts that I bought from Rod Serling and sold to Anonymous, and also conversations in the past with William S. Burroughts.......

Kaos is an energizer built by a higher power to insure endless movement and development in the Our Universe and some other Universes may not have Kaos........The Necronomicon was not written by the Crazy Mullah - it was written by H.P.Lovecraft AND Frank Belknap Long and one other person who shall remain nameless. If you read Homer's Oddysey (in the Rouse or Fitzgerald translation you can see that those sneakey Weird Tales guys merged sigils (some redrawn) from various Grimoires (perhaps Honorius and the Black Hen ) books with Homer's Odyssey as seen through the eyes of a lonely Kaos singing a love song to Lethe. And I know from Long, that the entire little group that created all this - definitely - had a scholarly background as well as amazing imaginative worlds all bouncing around in their heads........

Also they had read and understood The Qabala Denudata of Knorr von Rosenwaith. Especially the Qlipphoth.

Also, to go into Gnosticism, it would be helpful to learn about The Recognitions...which still exists and has had such people in their crowd as former friend of my relatives and spiritual protector Gregori Rasputin...

Best wishes,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I realize you disagree as you've disagreed before.
However what I write about working with the Lovecraft paradigm is in my view of it, therefore yours is irrelevant to this post.

There are several ways of viewing something, of working with something, of applying something. I've acknowledged that. I like mine best. And I have invested a great deal into it.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I was 14 when my friends and I communicated with our first spirit (a human). We continued that activity as a part of our overall psychic development.

For my 16th birthday, one of my spirit friends, who was a high-level psychic adept, gave me a gift I won't soon forget. He introduced me to a character from a particular favorite short story of mine. I was floored, to say the least. But he explained that what we perceive as "fiction" is nothing more than alternate realities. I was aware of the concept of alternate universes, and in fact my friends and I had already done some limited exploring along those lines. But the idea that "fictional" universes could be an actual reality Somewhere Out There was a new one to me. Of course I told my friends about this, and we wound up in a discussion where we reached the conclusion that characters aren't created by authors, but perceived by them. (Did I mention we were 16 years old... does it surprise you that we didn't fit in with the cool kids in school, with thought processes like this? lol)

In any event, that concept has stuck with me ever since. So I don't bat an eye at the idea that an important aspect of what we call a fictional work could actually exist Out There Somewhere. And if it exists out there, it's entirely possible to go and find it, using a similar process as one would use if one wants to mentally travel backward or forward in time, or visit some other physical location. I have been doing something similar for years, but not with the Necronomicon. There's a different sci-fi or fantasy universe I've been exploring, Credit Andre Norton with creating (or perceiving :) ) it. I created an artifact a long time ago -- 1981 -- to duplicate the energies of a psi-boosting tool in one of her books, and I have used said artifact ever since. It never once occurred to me to question whether or not this was possible. I *knew* it was.

So if I could do that, it doesn't faze me in the least to find that others are doing the same thing with other alternate-reality universes. Well, scratch that -- what fazes me is the realization that I'm not the only one doing this. :) THAT pretty much knocked my socks off. But the actual fact that it can be done is something I've taken for granted for years.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:I realize you disagree as you've disagreed before.
However what I write about working with the Lovecraft paradigm is in my view of it, therefore yours is irrelevant to this post.

There are several ways of viewing something, of working with something, of applying something. I've acknowledged that. I like mine best. And I have invested a great deal into it.
Its not irrelevant at all. Private views are obviously off the table, but public views in a forum, are for discussion and discussion in all forms exists as a way of not only passing on knowledge and ideas, but of looking at thee knowledges and ideas through many different lenses, in fact, seriously, looking thru many different lenses at once is an aspect of KAOS.

And personally, I like the idea that ideas are alive, always.

C-

Occult Metaphysical
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I was 14 when my friends and I communicated with our first spirit (a human). We continued that activity as a part of our overall psychic development.

For my 16th birthday, one of my spirit friends, who was a high-level psychic adept, gave me a gift I won't soon forget. He introduced me to a character from a particular favorite short story of mine. I was floored, to say the least. But he explained that what we perceive as "fiction" is nothing more than alternate realities. I was aware of the concept of alternate universes, and in fact my friends and I had already done some limited exploring along those lines. But the idea that "fictional" universes could be an actual reality Somewhere Out There was a new one to me. Of course I told my friends about this, and we wound up in a discussion where we reached the conclusion that characters aren't created by authors, but perceived by them. (Did I mention we were 16 years old... does it surprise you that we didn't fit in with the cool kids in school, with thought processes like this? lol)

In any event, that concept has stuck with me ever since. So I don't bat an eye at the idea that an important aspect of what we call a fictional work could actually exist Out There Somewhere. And if it exists out there, it's entirely possible to go and find it, using a similar process as one would use if one wants to mentally travel backward or forward in time, or visit some other physical location. I have been doing something similar for years, but not with the Necronomicon. There's a different sci-fi or fantasy universe I've been exploring, Credit Andre Norton with creating (or perceiving :) ) it. I created an artifact a long time ago -- 1981 -- to duplicate the energies of a psi-boosting tool in one of her books, and I have used said artifact ever since. It never once occurred to me to question whether or not this was possible. I *knew* it was.

So if I could do that, it doesn't faze me in the least to find that others are doing the same thing with other alternate-reality universes. Well, scratch that -- what fazes me is the realization that I'm not the only one doing this. :) THAT pretty much knocked my socks off. But the actual fact that it can be done is something I've taken for granted for years.
Have you read Sir Arthur C. Clarke's 3001 (that's three thousand and One) or A.E.Van Vogt's Worlds of Null A? If you haven't you are in for a treat of a wild ride. C-

Occult Metaphysical
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Caiyros & Io-Moon Home wrote:
Its not irrelevant at all. Private views are obviously off the table, but public views in a forum, are for discussion and discussion in all forms exists as a way of not only passing on knowledge and ideas, but of looking at thee knowledges and ideas through many different lenses, in fact, seriously, looking thru many different lenses at once is an aspect of KAOS.

C-
Sure, but I'm used to you kind of coming into my threads on attack mode and arguing them to death, rather than appreciating and being open to my unique viewpoint. So I think it's obvious why I'm wary of your intent.

If you're open then so am I, but another thing about Chaos is that there is no right or wrong. So please keep that in mind if you are going to continue to contribute on a thread I've created as an explanation, for those curious about a very particular methodology and application.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:So if I could do that, it doesn't faze me in the least to find that others are doing the same thing with other alternate-reality universes. Well, scratch that -- what fazes me is the realization that I'm not the only one doing this. :) THAT pretty much knocked my socks off. But the actual fact that it can be done is something I've taken for granted for years.
I think we all have taken for granted, at some point, the vast capability of consciousness and what lies deeper as well as beyond this - the fact that all things are rooted in the mind.

We perceive through many senses, and different bodies, but the mind is the filter we as physical beings are equipped with and it is far more complex than we believe it to be.. I actually am of the belief that apart from the astral/spiritual/physical planes that our consciousness (including subconscious, unconscious) can more accurately be considered a plane of it's own, which can in turn be maneuvered, manipulated and unlocked to meet those other planes and interpret the dimensional.

I have some excerpts in regard to Chaos Magick specifically, from other magicians that I intend to post when I have time as they've explained some intricacies more beautifully than I could.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
Caiyros & Io-Moon Home wrote:

C-
Sure, but I'm used to you kind of coming into my threads on attack mode and arguing them to death, rather than appreciating and being open to my unique viewpoint. So I think it's obvious why I'm wary of your intent.

If you're open then so am I, but another thing about Chaos is that there is no right or wrong. So please keep that in mind if you are going to continue to contribute on a thread I've created as an explanation, for those curious about a very particular methodology and application.
Weall come from different schools...one of my schools is Rinzai....But in any case we do disagree on a number of things...I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't see it as disrespectful. Socrates didn't...so there are different styles of looking out at the world....I firmly believe that strong disagreement (not yelling but just strong) is good for anyone who is talking about serious and important things. Especially the creation of subtle energies expanding within knowing. Socrates didn't care if he won an arguement (arguement in the sense of the classical meaning) and he had a major but hidden relationship within the world of Sybils....There is a mystic element within the logos. Ultimately knowledge runs back and forth from the clarity of things Builded and fractionation for rebuilding or for involving in the fractions just as they are. As for Right & Wrong I believe you are either right or wrong about right or wrong - depending upon their definitions.

Some people find definitions a bit dry, but I see that if they are properly used within ourselves...we can generate the same type of power as is atomic energy...based upon almost invisible and super-tiny states of being that underly actual matter itself......there is a lot of power there...One thing that is hard as hell to find out about is The Recognitions....an organization that has been poorly written about...but some of the Siberian information indicates that that is the big encilada for exploring Gnosis, something that you mentioned earlier.

What is being discussed here is extremely important and there is no nonsense in either direction, which I find refreshing...and more importantly - more important.
Cheers,
Cai-

Occult Metaphysical

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”