WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW THE COLOR OF MY UNDER STUFF?

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

I'm thinking, "is this another CH contest?????????"
\D

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I can see, to an extent, why using a formula of shop/encyclopedia/forum would be a widespread combination. The encyclpedia can explain what the shop items are, which can be important in a field where not everyone knows what various terms mean and which creatures have which traits. I can see the merits of having a forum, too, as building a community of one's customer base is a positive step. And where SOME shop items are concerned, I can understand why there'd be overlap with CH and other stores. It's only natural for shops to have the most popular spirits, and in-demand items like charging boxes, wands, pendulums, etc.

HOWEVER. Copying CH's or other vendors' listings verbatim, or nearly so = NOT COOL. If I ever spot a vendor doing that, the copycat is going to get crossed off my list. Vendors must prove to me that they're doing their own work, and not stealing ideas. Otherwise, I'm not going to trust them OR their work. Period. I will stick to the vendors who do their work with an honest heart, thank you very much.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Angelite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Honestly, there are not like a kazillion meta sellers out there. The meta community is small enough for buyers to know who is selling what, etc. And CH loyalists and buyers would know for sure if something has been copied verbatim by other sellers out there, simply because they've browsed the shop, etc....so many times, that everything is committed to memory. ::rofl::
I for one, would not buy from a seller who couldn't come up with his/her own text/descriptions, etc., and felt a need to plagiarize.
In my opinion - if you cannot say it in your own words, then you obviously know jackshit about it.

KNOWLEDGE, TRUTH, LOVE & LIGHT.

Bounteous Blessings,
Angelite

ImageImage

Chimella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've seen the CH Encyclopedia being copied often by other sellers. I've seen the Encyclopedia descriptions being used on other seller's listings. Sometimes, I would be reading their listings and think "this sounds so familiar, now guess where have I seen it before?" :)

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

ash-mda wrote:YOU KNOW, I CAN JOKE ABOUT THIS NOW BECAUSE IT'S GOTTEN TO A POINT OF RAMPANT RIDICULOUSNESS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO IS HAVE A LAUGH.

OVER A DECADE AGO PEOPLE LAUGHED WHEN WE WANTED TO OPEN OUR OWN SPIRIT KEEPING SITE, PEOPLE SAID NO ONE WOULD CARE. THEN PEOPLE MOCKED US FOR OPENING THIS FORUM, THEY SAID IT WAS STUPID.

NOW IT'S AT A POINT WHERE WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT BEING COPIED ON IT. DON'T GET ME WRONG MOST SELLERS DO THEIR OWN THING & THEY COME UP WITH THEIR OWN IDEAS & THEY FIND THEIR OWN CREATIVE PATH. YOU SEE THEIR STUFF & SAY "HEY, THAT'S AWESOME" INSTEAD OF "HEY, WHERE DID I SEE THAT BEFORE?" 8P BECAUSE, HEY, YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT WHEN PEOPLE ARE COPYING YOU. YOU ALMOST CAN'T BLAME THEM, WHY REINVENT THE WHEEL WHEN SOMEONE HAS COME UP WITH A REALLY AWESOME WHEEL THAT'S BEEN WORKING FOR SO LONG, RIGHT? BUT, I MEAN, C'MON, AT LEAST HAVE AN ORIGINAL IDEA ONCE IN AWHILE \D

SOME OF THESE SELLERS & SITES OUT THERE COPY OUR STYLE, COPY OUR WORDING, COPY OUR PLATFORM DOWN TO A SCIENCE (SHOP, ENCY, FORUM, MARKET, ETC), WHO ACTUALLY WILL MAIL OUT OUR OWN LITERATURE WITH THEIR BINDINGS (ON CH LETTERHEAD) & TRY TO SAY IT'S THEIRS, COPY THE INFORMATION VERBATIM OR ALMOST VERBATIM FROM OUR ENCY & TRY TO PASS IT OFF AS THEIR OWN INFO (THEY GIVE NO LINK BACK).

I MEAN, HOW FAR IS IT GOING TO GO? \D FOR THE COPIERS OUT THERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I'M WEARING EACH DAY? WOULD YOU LIKE US TO JUST GO AHEAD & POST ALL OUR PLANNED EVENTS, SPECIAL OFFERS, NEW BINDINGS, ETC? THAT WAY YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAUNT OUR WEBSITE LIKE OUR OWN PERSONAL GHOSTS. %)

THERE'S NO DOUBT CH IS THE MOST COPIED SITE IN THE KNOWN WORLD, POSSIBLY THE UNIVERSE, WHO KNOWS. I'M SURE IT'S GOING ON EVEN IN OUR ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS. 9) SINCE IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR LIKE 10 YEARS NOW & WILL PROBABLY KEEP GOING ON I THINK WE SHOULD ALL HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT & A GOOD LAUGH.

*UNDER STUFF TO INCLUDE ANY PIECE OF CLOTH WORN UNDER ANYTHING I'M WEARING ON TOP OF IT. DISCUSSION CONTINUED IN ANOTHER THREAD.
It pays to be brilliant 83

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

To be clear, with the situation with the letterhead, they cut off the top and the bottom of the page so it didn't say "Creepy Hollows" anywhere. The problem is, the golden, filigree background is on everything we print (its even the cover of the SK book) and it's recognizable. I just didn't want anyone thinking someone was impersonating CH. For whatever reason (laziness, inability) they just cut off the top & bottom of the letterhead and signed the page with their own name & web address at the bottom.

With the Encyclopedia theft we used to have a service that would tell us any time someone copied our material. And we used to contact people, sometimes we still do, to ask them to at least link back to us or give credit where it's due, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes they basically say "so sue me" and other times they are polite about it. At this point I think the majority of the people know our content and there's no question.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Chimella wrote:I've seen the CH Encyclopedia being copied often by other sellers. I've seen the Encyclopedia descriptions being used on other seller's listings. Sometimes, I would be reading their listings and think "this sounds so familiar, now guess where have I seen it before?" :)
If they are so underhanded and uncreative that they can't:

A. Come up with their own definitions
B. Give credit where credit is due by acknowledging the source of their material
C. Link back to the page from which they derived their material

then why should anybody believe they have any competence in their conjuration, spell-casting, billing and shipping, or anything else?

Not to mention, if they're hell-bent on plagiarizing, you'd think that they would NOT choose to steal material from any of the most widely-known, longest-established people in the whole market. If they are too dense to realize that their prospective customers have already read CH's site (and any other well-known sites) and will spot the content theft immediately, then they're too dense to be running a competent business.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:WELL IF THEY SEE THAT THEN THEY WOULD BE TOO MESMERIZED TO HAVE TIME TO COPY ANYTHING \D ALL HAIL THE KING, BABY LMAO
:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

It is a double edge sword, one, Magnolia and Ash are so good at what they do, that others want to be like them and so copy their hard work, not wanting to go through all the training and learning and hard work that Magnolia and Ash did, to get where they are at now!!!!!

Second it puts Magnolia and Ash through a lot of extra work because these people who feel that they have to copy what CH does!!!!!

However they a quite a few of us know enough about Magnolia and Ash, and what CH is all about, that we can spot a fake, and know not to deal with them!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:It is a double edge sword, one, Magnolia and Ash are so good at what they do, that others want to be like them and so copy their hard work, not wanting to go through all the training and learning and hard work that Magnolia and Ash did, to get where they are at now!!!!!

Second it puts Magnolia and Ash through a lot of extra work because these people who feel that they have to copy what CH does!!!!!

However they a quite a few of us know enough about Magnolia and Ash, and what CH is all about, that we can spot a fake, and know not to deal with them!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::
Yes, we may know who are the "Originals"...but the community is growing so fast...it is hard to keep track of everything that may be going on.

While it may be great to know people admire the work so much they are willing to plagiarize the site and copy (or try to copy) the actual work, it must be frustrating to live through it all. It takes a great deal of time and effort to make a legit business work, let alone sell items where its real worth is seemingly intangible. I honestly think that at some point, legal action may be the route to take. Some of these businesses aren't even legally registered. I applaud any type of new endeavor but please, be creative and genuine or at least give credit where it is deserved.

Blessings,
M. 3D

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha

Return to “Ash”