WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW THE COLOR OF MY UNDER STUFF?

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Morgana wrote:
starfire wrote:It is a double edge sword, one, Magnolia and Ash are so good at what they do, that others want to be like them and so copy their hard work, not wanting to go through all the training and learning and hard work that Magnolia and Ash did, to get where they are at now!!!!!

Second it puts Magnolia and Ash through a lot of extra work because these people who feel that they have to copy what CH does!!!!!

However they a quite a few of us know enough about Magnolia and Ash, and what CH is all about, that we can spot a fake, and know not to deal with them!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::
Yes, we may know who are the "Originals"...but the community is growing so fast...it is hard to keep track of everything that may be going on.

While it may be great to know people admire the work so much they are willing to plagiarize the site and copy (or try to copy) the actual work, it must be frustrating to live through it all. It takes a great deal of time and effort to make a legit business work, let alone sell items where its real worth is seemingly intangible. I honestly think that at some point, legal action may be the route to take. Some of these businesses aren't even legally registered. I applaud any type of new endeavor but please, be creative and genuine or at least give credit where it is deserved.

Blessings,
M. 3D

Exactly right!!!!! 7\ Besides it is not fair or right to take credit for someone else's hard work!!!! :thumbdown:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
TeddyBearTechie
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual Spirit
Zodiac:

Well I just saw this thread on Facebook. I assumed it would be under adult, I almost did not click on it, glad I did.

If I was CH I would put them to court, but thats just me. Plagiarism is plagiarism no if ands and buts!

Thanks all,
The one, the only TeddyBearTechie!

ImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I honestly think that at some point, legal action may be the route to take.
We have, in the past, and it becomes an expensive endeavor. With the lack of accountability you can go through what it means to sue someone (subpoena records, make copies of all the evidence, even get depositions from buyers) and they can simply come back under a new seller name; over & over again.

I don't necessarily think copying the material from CH equates fraud. While that may be the case in some instances, in others I think it's just a matter of ease or laziness. Since a description already exists they just insert our description amongst their own. In several websites it's just a blatant copy from our Encyclopedia to their site. In all cases, though, it doesn't look good.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I was CH I would put them to court, but thats just me. Plagiarism is plagiarism no if ands and buts!
We would constantly be in court. Our material is plagiarized ALL over the internet. We continually find out about a seller or website that has our exact (or slightly modified) verbiage. I can't remember the name of the software we used to have, but basically you could upload a file, or cut & paste a file, and it would tell you where else it exists on the internet. We would have lawyers across the USA and Internationally to go after all the instances where our material has been stolen.

Which is why Ash was making such a joke about it because we're everywhere! :U

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Have you thought of using passwords to protect the content of the encyclopedia, the way that you protect the forum and the shop? This could decrease the plagiarism. We would have to either have a password to access the forum or access it from the forum or shop. There would be no other way to see it.
Another thing, can you get software that will not allow you to copy or paste the information in the forum, shop, and encyclopedia? This could protect it somewhat. They would have to print it off, and then have to deal with removing a watermark before using it.

Just ideas to decrease the prevalent plagiarism.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's not a bad idea, and there may be some opportunities there, but I have no doubt they would just create a username for the Encyclopedia.

It's obvious the majority of people in this community are good people & honest, it's just some of them who are naughty.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

How about setting up some prankster servitors to stand guard over the content? Imagine if every time someone tries to plagiarize, their computer spontaneously reboots. :D

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
myimmortal1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire and angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire angel witch
My magical/paranormal name...: "K"
Zodiac:

:funnypost: bahahhahaha!! love that idea!! :funnypost: :woohoo:

:candle: blessings :candlep:

Spirit family: 2 Vamp, 2 Guardian Angels, 1 Phoenix, 1 Enochian Angel, 1 warrior Angel, 1 Fallen Angel Soulmate, 1 vampire angel, 1 jokester demon, many spelled items....and added new spirits!!
"Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth unseen"-John Milton
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Actually not a bad idea Magnolia. A servitor or two to protect intellectual properties.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Art Spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mix of All DA
My magical/paranormal name...: Dark Shadow

There are 2 types of people in the world, Inventors and imitators... You know you're doing well when the haters and copycats come out... Pretty awesome Ash, Keep doing your thing...

“It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated...it is finished when it surrenders.”

Return to “Ash”