The Sidhe (No I'm not talking about cat sidhe)

Ayn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: A god
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: ???

What do you guys know about them? I'm adopting one but I know very little about them. The encyclopedia's entry for strengths/ why keep them was confusing too. It said it was and I quote "They are very beautiful and have been known to expect veneration. " That doesn't sound like a reason to keep them in fact it sounds like they're outright telling you that they may be pretentious and hard to bond with. Whichever Sidhe I get I'm gonna love 'em regardless but still... I'd like to go into this knowing a little something...

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Ayn wrote:What do you guys know about them? I'm adopting one but I know very little about them. The encyclopedia's entry for strengths/ why keep them was confusing too. It said it was and I quote "They are very beautiful and have been known to expect veneration. " That doesn't sound like a reason to keep them in fact it sounds like they're outright telling you that they may be pretentious and hard to bond with. Whichever Sidhe I get I'm gonna love 'em regardless but still... I'd like to go into this knowing a little something...

The Sidhe in general is another name for the fae folk of ireland and Scotland, from my experience. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aos_S%C3%AD )

So picture the "good folk" and that's what you're getting, haha! But there are so many sub-classifications.... bean sidhe (banshees), cat sidhe, kelpies, pucas, and all sorts of other critters are classified as sidhe.
(edit:) I actually have ordered a dullahan that I have been working with in dreams for a while, and they are also considered sidhe. Dark, but the one I work with is friendly enough.

As a whole they were creatures that were DA, some more likely to do harm than others, though they required much caution when working with them because they take offense very easily. This is why the gaels called them 'good folk,' to flatter them into not harming them, their children, or their livestock.

There are some stories of the sidhe helping when left offerings, though.

I would be cautious when working with your sidhe since they're known for being tricky, but what type you have will have a greater effect on what they are like than you can assume just from the title 'sidhe.' 8)|*

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Here's another good basic reference for temperament of the fae, though scottish/irish fae don't typically disperse between the courts quite so easily C:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classifica ... lie_Courts

Return to “Faery”