new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Communion
My magical/paranormal name...: Narayanatha
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Bump.
Thank you for this bump. It has helped me more than you know! And thanks starfire for that website :D

phantomparadox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Take a guess
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dunno :)
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainer Merrick
Zodiac:

I have a board and a list of the days of the week. I list all of my spirit names and takes turns meditating with them... I also perform rituals for bond growing. All scheduled : )

Legions at my command.
RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Zephyr
Zodiac:

I don't communicate with spirits, but I feel their presences. Sometimes they're cold, sometimes warm. The warmth is usually just like a spot on my hand, kinda blooming there. The cold is like a breeze that I feel on my hand, shoulder, or cheek.

I use tools: as my username implies, I read Tarot. I also use oracle cards and pendulum and I'm learning Runes. I plan to learn Palmistry as well; thanks to my palmistry poster I'm beginning to identify the lines on the palm! :) For this I keep two notebooks: one where I record the readings I do for myself and one where I record things I learn (spreads, meanings, misc notes, etc). The latter notebook came in handy last month when I was at my Tarot meetup and was discussing a card that kept popping up in my readings. I recorded a spread for that in the notebook and showed it to the group's coordinator. Notebooks truly are invaluable for practicing.

I've always been intuitive. It's simple to tap into this and hone it: start listening! If I feel something intuitively I go with it, or at the very least examine this. I believe practicing mindfulness and meditation also go a long way toward psychic/intuitive development.

I've always believed in dream messages as well. Only a couple times have I ever had prophetic dreams but even when not prophetic my dreams still relay important and insightful messages. I keep a dream journal and, due to dreams communicating via symbols, read up on dream interpretation when need be. Different people's dreams will have different meanings--it's not always one size fits all. However I've found dreammoods.com to be a very helpful site.

The one time that I recognized a spirit communicating with me was when my friend died three years ago. I saw him in a dream the night before his viewing, and when I woke up I felt his presence as my back going cold. At his viewing, I learned he loved snow. It was snowing the day he died and all that week, with the snow melting on the day of his viewing. When I got home, the remaining snow was at my door. A few days later I was doing stock work for a temp job and I found a blue photo album that had "No Regrets" written across the front. His favorite color was blue and I took this as his way of telling me that he was okay. It was intense, to say the least.

Do not injustice to another, defend the weak and innocent. Let truth and honor always guide you, let courage find a life within. Stand up when no one else is willing, act not in hatred or in spite. Be to this world as a perfect knight, even if it means your life.

My Spirit Family: Star Faery, Gargoyle, Water Faery, Galactic Being
Arriving Soon: Copper Dragon, Green Dragon, Fylgia, Faery of Light, Loch Ness
Amaranthlovecharm
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA, immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Fae of light
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I practice by stopping what I am doing to just stay quiet and listen and feel! Listen to all the sounds around me. Is there a sudden ringing noise in my ear? Do I have a headache/slight pressure on my temple from my spirits being around, trying to communicate with me? I make mental notes of lingering touches on my body, like sudden onset of tingles on my thighs from my sanguine vamp, or maybe a light touch on my hand/arm by my Bronwyn angel. ^^ Sometimes a random scent will just materialize in the air (example, roses, even though you are sitting in your bedroom where there are no roses, nor did you use rose-scented things). Making these mental notes and being aware of your surroundings is good. ^^

I also have practiced guessing tarot with my spirits! I'd take out the major arcana, shuffle them up, and have them tell me their answers. Sometimes we get a couple right, sometimes every one is wrong. But we're getting better at it!! Lol

On another note, sometimes I focus on the space above a person's head to try and see an aura. I usually do this when the professor is doing a lecture. XD

Whoever's reading this, hope you're having a good day! ^^
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:I practice by stopping what I am doing to just stay quiet and listen and feel! Listen to all the sounds around me. Is there a sudden ringing noise in my ear? Do I have a headache/slight pressure on my temple from my spirits being around, trying to communicate with me? I make mental notes of lingering touches on my body, like sudden onset of tingles on my thighs from my sanguine vamp, or maybe a light touch on my hand/arm by my Bronwyn angel. ^^ Sometimes a random scent will just materialize in the air (example, roses, even though you are sitting in your bedroom where there are no roses, nor did you use rose-scented things). Making these mental notes and being aware of your surroundings is good. ^^

I also have practiced guessing tarot with my spirits! I'd take out the major arcana, shuffle them up, and have them tell me their answers. Sometimes we get a couple right, sometimes every one is wrong. But we're getting better at it!! Lol

On another note, sometimes I focus on the space above a person's head to try and see an aura. I usually do this when the professor is doing a lecture. XD
If you want to see brilliant auras, take a look at the performers during any given concert, at least if the music is uplifting. I hasten to add that I don't tend to go to concerts where the music is harsh/discordant and lyrics are anger-fueled, so I can't speak for what those auras are going to look like. Hostile music might make for very different auras than I've seen at the events I've attended.

But for music that's a bit more harmonious (be it sedate or energetic), the auras are flat-out beautiful colors. Very brilliant and bright, compared to the normal aura colors of people who are just going through their regular day.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Amaranthlovecharm
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
Amaranthlovecharm wrote:I practice by stopping what I am doing to just stay quiet and listen and feel! Listen to all the sounds around me. Is there a sudden ringing noise in my ear? Do I have a headache/slight pressure on my temple from my spirits being around, trying to communicate with me? I make mental notes of lingering touches on my body, like sudden onset of tingles on my thighs from my sanguine vamp, or maybe a light touch on my hand/arm by my Bronwyn angel. ^^ Sometimes a random scent will just materialize in the air (example, roses, even though you are sitting in your bedroom where there are no roses, nor did you use rose-scented things). Making these mental notes and being aware of your surroundings is good. ^^

If you want to see brilliant auras, take a look at the performers during any given concert, at least if the music is uplifting. I hasten to add that I don't tend to go to concerts where the music is harsh/discordant and lyrics are anger-fueled, so I can't speak for what those auras are going to look like. Hostile music might make for very different auras than I've seen at the events I've attended.

But for music that's a bit more harmonious (be it sedate or energetic), the auras are flat-out beautiful colors. Very brilliant and bright, compared to the normal aura colors of people who are just going through their regular day.
Oh wow! I didn't even think about that! Thanks! I'll keep that in mind next time I go! And I too lean more towards classical music. 8)|*

I really want to take my mom to see a symphony perform. I also wanted to take my mom to see the Nutcracker this year (which I can't believe she's never seen, since I've seen it two or three times, from all those school trips lol), but all the times aren't good with my exam schedule. :( maybe next year...

RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I was thinking of using my oracle cards and pendulum to communicate with my spirit when she arrives but using majors sounds like a good idea as well! Have you ever had recurring cards show up when you do this? Recently I kept getting the High Priestess and (to a lesser extent) the Ace of Swords.

How long did it take you to start seeing auras? I think I saw a bit of one when I was experimenting a couple months ago. I've been looking into auras and chakras because I've gotten a lot of questions about this when I read on Oranum.

Since my first spirit will be a Star Faerie I've been thinking of getting out the faerie oracle deck my aunt have me. I never felt drawn to it but I figure it may be useful in working with my spirit :) It's the Brian Froud deck, you should check it out!

Do not injustice to another, defend the weak and innocent. Let truth and honor always guide you, let courage find a life within. Stand up when no one else is willing, act not in hatred or in spite. Be to this world as a perfect knight, even if it means your life.

Amaranthlovecharm
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

RoseCityTarot wrote:

I was thinking of using my oracle cards and pendulum to communicate with my spirit when she arrives but using majors sounds like a good idea as well! Have you ever had recurring cards show up when you do this? Recently I kept getting the High Priestess and (to a lesser extent) the Ace of Swords.

How long did it take you to start seeing auras? I think I saw a bit of one when I was experimenting a couple months ago. I've been looking into auras and chakras because I've gotten a lot of questions about this when I read on Oranum.

Since my first spirit will be a Star Faerie I've been thinking of getting out the faerie oracle deck my aunt have me. I never felt drawn to it but I figure it may be useful in working with my spirit :) It's the Brian Froud deck, you should check it out!
Oh no, I haven't really seen many auras yet! I'm working on it. I once looked straight at a mirror (this was before starting spirit keeping) and focused very hard (probably for 5-10 minutes) and saw my aura: yellow and green, but I haven't made much progress since then (maybe two years about?). Maybe I should practice more with my reflection ^^ hope you make lots of progress with yours!

Oh, and the last time I did that practice with the tarot, the Wheel and Chariot showed up a bunch of times for me ^^ hmmm, at the time I wasn't focused much on the meaning, but on guessing what they were. XD and that does sound like a good idea. The more things you find to associate with your spirit, the closer you will be and easier time you'll have connecting with them! And cool, I'll check that out! 8)|*

RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:
RoseCityTarot wrote:

Oh no, I haven't really seen many auras yet! I'm working on it. I once looked straight at a mirror (this was before starting spirit keeping) and focused very hard (probably for 5-10 minutes) and saw my aura: yellow and green, but I haven't made much progress since then (maybe two years about?). Maybe I should practice more with my reflection ^^ hope you make lots of progress with yours!

Oh, and the last time I did that practice with the tarot, the Wheel and Chariot showed up a bunch of times for me ^^ hmmm, at the time I wasn't focused much on the meaning, but on guessing what they were. XD and that does sound like a good idea. The more things you find to associate with your spirit, the closer you will be and easier time you'll have connecting with them! And cool, I'll check that out! 8)|*
Yep, that's the plan! Lol. I was reading about faeries last night and tried using my pendulum to contact my spirit. It said there weren't faeries in my home but I think I saw her this morning, just a flash of light in the sky from the corner of my eye. I've read that faeries don't like mess so I'm going about cleaning my room when I find the time hahaha :)

Hope you've been making progress as well!

Pepper
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Purple Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragonfly Petal

This is such a great thread - thanks to everyone who has responded; I've learned a lot! :-)

"When we are no longer able to change a situation ... we are challenged to change ourselves" - Viktor Frankl

NB: I have 'a lot' of spelled items and 'a lot' of spirits and entities, but the control panel settings won't let me enter a non-numerical value

Return to “Spirit Tasking”