Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Canines
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Haven't discovered it yet
Zodiac:

So I have just recieved my kitsune from CH and have also recieved several maximum level items like the Spirell today. I am trying to shut up this voice of doubt in my head that prevents me from being completely open to this being "real", but it seems like I have just trapped myself in a vicious cycle. I have read posts from here saying that people have experienced either "knowing" their Spirits are there and I have also read the side effects in recieving your first spirit, people even reporting that they felt a surge of power pulse through them when opening new paranormal packages. So I am EXPECTING this, but the skeptical side of me is half-sxpecting for me to feel nothing also. In the end, I have not felt that "surge" like I expected to even when holding the C5L3's and the skeptical part of me just wants to gloat "See? What did I tell you?" I have been expecting migraines, headaches, or something since I am starting out with a Dark Arts spirit at its highest level but have experienced nothing of the sort.

Although my high expectations havent been necesarily met, the optimistic side of me refuses to just shrug this off. Even though I do not have completely unshakable confidence about all of this, I still speak to my spirits even though I feel like I cannot see or hear them. I also made it a point to sleep with my kitsune's vessel as an opportunity to bond with her to show her that I am exercising the idea that she really is there and that I believe in her. I feel like my doubtful hesitation is what is keeping me from "opening my eyes", but yet I need to experience proof to shut it out except I cant get that because I cant help myself.

To everyone who started out really doubtful and hesitant, how were you able to move past it? Where do you go from here when recieving your first couple of enchantments and spirits? What did you have to do to see and hear them better?

(To add to this, I have a long-distance friend who I had convinced to have her first spirit also since she is always on her own (literally) and I thought that it would be good for her to have someone there for her besides just an "online friend". We found a vampire for her that was already conjured here and she has become REALLY excited and always talks about how she cant wait to see him, wonders what he is doing right now, wonders what he would think about her, what he really looks like, etc. She also asks me about my own spirit and what she is doing. The last thing that I want to tell her is that I havent been strong enough to feel her or see her yet because I dont want to discourage her, she is REALLY needing the companionship. I just dont know what to tell or how to prepare her for seeing him.)

Thank you for hearing me out in my venting and an even bigger thank you to the ones who give me much needed advice in all of this. I would really appreciate it.

Finding Equilibrium between Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power" and Lawrence Wilson's "The Path of the Warrior"
I am reading your thoughts - one post at a time
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

First of all relax, for what you are saying is very normal to experience for the simple reason that we are all conditioned to experience things through our all of our senses, seeing, touch, hearing, smelling and tasting, if we can't do any of those things, the surly it must not be real!!!! Actually this is a very normal thing to experience when you first come into spirit keeping and have had no experience of the paranormal kind of thing!!!!

So I will ask you to do this instead, think back when you were a little kid, did you not talk to a imaginary friend? One that only you could see? Or if you had a toy like a animal stature or a stuff animal, did you not talk to it and in your mind's eye see the animal you were talking to and having a whole conversation with it?

Keep that child like mind set open to help you start out, keep talking to your spirit and I would suggest keeping a notebook, because spirits can communicate in many different ways, through that song that pops up, or through a movie you are watching that reminds you of your spirit, and through your dreams. By keeping track of those things, you may notice that your spirit has been trying to come through for you after all, it is the little things that we may over look!!!!

Also since this was a DA spirit, there are people who are more connected to the DA energy and it feels very normal to them, so they may not feel things like others who are more in line with the WA energy!!!!

Also know that it is very normal to have doubts when first starting out, so it will take a little work to let yourself be open to the paranormal, it will not happen over nite, but if you keep track of things like your dream, thoughts and feelings, you will see it seeping into you over time!!!! Nothing ever happens over nite or right away!!! Others may have been attuned to the paranormal all of their lives, while others are not and have to work at it, in order to experience it!!!!

So don't let those self doubts bother you, just know that they are a normal thing to have and also don't have expectations, for what others experience will not be the same for you and others, everyone will experience things differently!!!!

So just keep talking to your spirit and keep track of the little things that will happen!!!! Also don't give up either, remember it takes time to grow into spirit keeping!!!! 7\

Also I am glad you posted about this, for getting others thoughts and feelings can be a big help too!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
TeddyBearTechie
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual Spirit
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

First off everything starfire said is absolutely correct.

I remember when I first started with a succubus about 2 years ago. I was filled with doubts and wonders. At first I was really scared of what I thought was her thanks to all the false information on the internet about ubi (succubi/incubi). Soon that fear wore off as I did not experience much from her at the time (or so I thought). It actually turned out that she was touching me all along and I just did not realize it.

The truth is I did not really believe in the beginning, but a small kernel of me held out hope. This mostly manifested itself as my not removing her vessel from my person once I put it on a chain around my neck. I would occasionally send a few thoughts her way, and occasionally meditated with her vessel not really expecting anything, and honestly not doing much.

My point in writing this little story is that it takes time. I have hardly scratched the surface of everything. If you read around the form, some spirits can take years or decades to manifest.

I have a few suggestions.
1)hold that kernel of hope, and when its time you will know.
2)Dont buy more stuff thinking it will immediately help you to jump into spiritkeeping because it wont regardless of its power class.
3) Give it time, talk to her occasionally, think about her, keep her vessel with you where ever you go, dont forget about her. Most importantly dont make interacting with her a chore, being friends with someone should never be a chore, if it was you would not have any friends!

Just give it time, stop thinking and wishing so furiously. I really think it takes our mind time to realize the interactions our spirits have with us.

Well thats my cents! Good luck to you!

Thanks all,
The one, the only TeddyBearTechie!

ImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You have been given great advice. All I can add is, give yourself a chance. You don't lose anything by calming yourself and allowing the experience to be real and genuine. If you continue to pelt the situation with skepticism you are going to miss the nuances and subtleties that accompany the paranormal. You will miss the little signs that come through the experiences because you'll only be looking for the fireworks.

It's natural when you embark on any new venture to have the instinct to safeguard yourself by considering the situation from all angles and forming doubts. However, once you've let those run their course, settle the issue in your mind and move forward. You lose nothing by opening yourself to this experience and giving it a chance to change your life.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It always helps to start practicing , because when the correct answers start coming in, we get a feel for what it's like when we are hitting the target.

Do experiments with your spirit. Ask what color car you will park behind when you go on an errand later. Ask what color a person will be wearing when you see them later. If there's no one fitting that description, ask what color the news anchor will have on when you tune in. Flip a coin, cover it before you see it, and ask if it's "heads" or "tails". (Or ask for a result before you flip the coin.)

The only way to build a skill is to buckle down and use it. We can read volumes of books on riding a bike, but eventually the time comes when we have to don the bike helmet, get our rump onto that bike seat, and pedal. If we take a spill, oh well -- we've learned what NOT to do, so we can get back on and not do that unwanted thing this time.

Training the non-physical senses is like that. We just have to practice all the time and keep refining our technique based on our results. Made a mistake? Not the end of the world. Remember what that answer felt like when we got it, and consider that feeling to be a "not on target" indicator. Got it right? Hooray, remember THAT feeling and use it to gauge accuracy next time around.

Everyone wipes out when they start riding a bike. And everyone "wipes out" when doing these experiments. We just have to get back up and pick up where we left off.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”