What houserules would be advisable for a Gaki?

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Hi everyone,

so I have placed many tight houserules for my Wraith (who is great) but somehow don´t really have a clue what houserules to set for my Gaki arriving any day now.
She chose me.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Bump

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

From what i can remember about gaki, they are spirits that pursue wealth and treats for them include coins, cash and jewellery.
I think the same houserules as a wraith would be acceptable. Ofcourse, there's the obvious house rules like "bring harm to no one" and "don't block other spirits in the keep" and i think those in general would be acceptable to any gaki.
I don't know any house rules that would be specific to gaki because i don't understand how you'd want to limit them bringing you more money. It's not like a wraith where you don't want them to take revenge without your say so.
You'd have to ask yourself what you want from your gaki and then ask if your gaki would bring in something that you don't want.

I hope that was of help to you.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

WhimsicalSage wrote: I don't know any house rules that would be specific to gaki because i don't understand how you'd want to limit them bringing you more money.
You know, that makes sense!

I was asking because I don´t know much about them and how they could turn.

I thank you for taking your time in replying to my post!
After so many views I was wondering - then again I am used to hardly ever receiving any replies to my questions.
WhimsicalSage wrote:You'd have to ask yourself what you want from your gaki and then ask if your gaki would bring in something that you don't want.
You are right.

brazilian
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 133
Spelled Number: 258
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alef Samekh

Well, i think it is not about house rules, but you need to explain what is the wealth you are thinking of, since they will usually think in clothes, jewelry and fine food/drinks.

You can find yourself with a blown credit card in no time......

:\

Peace! ?
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

brazilian wrote:Well, i think it is not about house rules, but you need to explain what is the wealth you are thinking of, since they will usually think in clothes, jewelry and fine food/drinks.

You can find yourself with a blown credit card in no time......

:\
This is a very helpful answer! Awesome!

Yes, your note describes exactly what simply and strictly needs to be kept in mind.
Thank you so much. Your tip helped me a lot and opened my eyes for hidden pitfalls!

I already thought into this direction that I will not have her to please her cravings via me but about what I would like to achieve with her in synergysm.
I already have ideas about a good and strict strategy. :)

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

Yes I like this post also because I am planning on getting on next order. :) :)

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
Aiko
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Throne Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Warrior Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

:1
So, how is it going with Gakis?
My lady got here yesterday :) quite intense as she wouldn't let me sleep all night. Interestingly after I told her to let me rest , around 5am, she eased up and I got like 1 hour of sleep before I had to get up and go to work.
Truth is , I had to tell her more than once emphasizing that's one of the house rules. Then again it might have been my lovely Empusa teamed up with Gaki :? So I included her in the announcement too.
It's weird but I'm not tired nor needing a nap. Maybe I slept but I didn't :? 9) :\ fully functional.
Well, I just told her she can once more relive her aristocracy thru me BUT she must bring the money first. I explained ,I have acquired and rather eclectic taste and like exactly the same stuff as she does , per her description in the notes 7\
Would you share some of your experiences with Gaki? (:D)

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Aiko wrote::1
My lady got here yesterday :) quite intense as she wouldn't let me sleep all night. Interestingly after I told her to let me rest , around 5am, she eased up and I got like 1 hour of sleep before I had to get up and go to work.
Truth is , I had to tell her more than once emphasizing that's one of the house rules. Then again it might have been my lovely Empusa teamed up with Gaki :? So I included her in the announcement too.
It's weird but I'm not tired nor needing a nap. Maybe I slept but I didn't :? 9) :\ fully functional.
Well, I just told her she can once more relive her aristocracy thru me BUT she must bring the money first. I explained ,I have acquired and rather eclectic taste and like exactly the same stuff as she does , per her description in the notes 7\
Hehe...well, mine used to wake me up in the early hours too. I had to tell her as well!
Well, ever since I have her I had my whole place re-decorated. I had the painters here only this week. Lol...
I threw out old furniture and now a wonderful chandelier is hanging from my bedroom ceiling.... :U
Yes make sure, you tell her to bring you the money first because they can be quite persistent...
I seem to have bought many new clothes and stuff and also seem to get more credit at work. She helps me with my career and makes sure I get good opportunities.
She has a pretty decorated place to herself and a golden bag with coins and pearls to keep her satisfied. Sometimes I am a little strict with her, but in a nice way. 8)|*

Aiko
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Throne Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Warrior Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

:D wow! I'm really happy for you !!!!
That's great news 7\ thank you for sharing your experience here 8)|*
It feels better knowing it's not just mine keeping me up lol
I will update as I gather more experiences with my aristocrat 7\

Luminoire wrote:
Aiko wrote::1
Hehe...well, mine used to wake me up in the early hours too. I had to tell her as well!
Well, ever since I have her I had my whole place re-decorated. I had the painters here only this week. Lol...
I threw out old furniture and now a wonderful chandelier is hanging from my bedroom ceiling.... :U
Yes make sure, you tell her to bring you the money first because they can be quite persistent...
I seem to have bought many new clothes and stuff and also seem to get more credit at work. She helps me with my career and makes sure I get good opportunities.
She has a pretty decorated place to herself and a golden bag with coins and pearls to keep her satisfied. Sometimes I am a little strict with her, but in a nice way. 8)|*

Return to “Dark Arts”