Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote:Hi, im sorry if this question has been asked before, couldn't read through all the pages.. but i'm considering getting an alpha servitor so i'm curious..

How many abilities can an alpha have? Are you limited to just one? For example i'd like an alpha that could help me astral travel, invoke lucid dreams, and help me see/sense other spirits, as well as being a good friend/companion. But im not sure if i'd need four alphas for four different abilities.
That is a perfectly reasonable list of abilities for a single alpha.

Technically speaking there isn't a limit on how many abilities an alpha can have(they can, and will learn any number over their lifespan), buuuut there is a bit of a diminishing return effect on how many they can use at one time. What that limit/effectiveness is, depends on the abilities and rank of the alpha. That being said the chances of any alpha needing more than a handful of its abilities active at any given time is rarely(if ever) necessary, so the point becomes somewhat moot. lol

However, a custom R2 should have no problem with the list you stated.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
HonkPills
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Rai the Kentauride Magnet, ಠ_ಠ wrote:
HonkPills wrote:Hi, im sorry if this question has been asked before, couldn't read through all the pages.. but i'm considering getting an alpha servitor so i'm curious..

How many abilities can an alpha have? Are you limited to just one? For example i'd like an alpha that could help me astral travel, invoke lucid dreams, and help me see/sense other spirits, as well as being a good friend/companion. But im not sure if i'd need four alphas for four different abilities.
That is a perfectly reasonable list of abilities for a single alpha.

Technically speaking there isn't a limit on how many abilities an alpha can have(they can, and will learn any number over their lifespan), buuuut there is a bit of a diminishing return effect on how many they can use at one time. What that limit/effectiveness is, depends on the abilities and rank of the alpha. That being said the chances of any alpha needing more than a handful of its abilities active at any given time is rarely(if ever) necessary, so the point becomes somewhat moot. lol

However, a custom R2 should have no problem with the list you stated.
Thanks for the quick answer!

i was wondering something else also when it comes to lucid dreaming and alphas.

Would it be possible for a alpha to enter your dreams? if so, could they tell you that you're dreaming?

I read some of this thread too, and i saw some topics about realms. How would you visit them, AP? Can a alpha take you there somehow? (via dreaming or ap?)

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote:Thanks for the quick answer!

i was wondering something else also when it comes to lucid dreaming and alphas.

Would it be possible for a alpha to enter your dreams? if so, could they tell you that you're dreaming?

I read some of this thread too, and i saw some topics about realms. How would you visit them, AP? Can a alpha take you there somehow? (via dreaming or ap?)
Yes, alpha can manifest through dreams, as such I don't see why they couldn't tell you that you're dreaming. I know he has created an Alpha with lucid dreaming assisting abilities before, but I haven't asked for them myself so I'm not sure what all that ability suite entails.

Yes, custom realms(and the alphaverse) are visited via APing. And yes, alphas can lead you to either your custom realm, the alphaverse, or the Astral.

HonkPills
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks again for the answers! I'll try my best to order one soon!

HonkPills
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Whoops, i have more questions haha..

I was thinking about trying to get a realm eventually as well as it seems like a nice addition for servitors.
To do this, you'd need to purchase a realm builder right? Or can you purchase individual blank realms? (speaking of, anyone know how large the small realm is?)

How complex are these realms by the way? Has anyone tried putting a piece of tech in one, say like a smart phone for example, or even a video game console. Would it work correctly, or be defunct?

Also i have a question on servitors being based on characters that already exist.
If the servitor somehow saw the character they were based on, would that change anything within them? How would they feel?
Like if your servitor was based off a character from an anime, and the next time you watch it the servitor happens to see the character that they're based off of.

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote:Whoops, i have more questions haha..

I was thinking about trying to get a realm eventually as well as it seems like a nice addition for servitors.
To do this, you'd need to purchase a realm builder right? Or can you purchase individual blank realms? (speaking of, anyone know how large the small realm is?)

How complex are these realms by the way? Has anyone tried putting a piece of tech in one, say like a smart phone for example, or even a video game console. Would it work correctly, or be defunct?
DLM sells custom realms. He does all the work. You just describe how you want it to look/what you want in it, etc. So you could get a small realm and ask him to fill it with every console/game ever made(and still have plenty of room left over). Or you could get a realm builder and an infinite realm and just build sections/worlds whenever you come up with a neat idea. I've seen both ways work well.

I believe the scale is(It has been about a year an a half since I looked at them so it may have change some):
Small, Island/City sized(like Manhatten)
The next higher up is medium state sized
Then continent
Then world
Then infinite
HonkPills wrote: Also I have a question on servitors being based on characters that already exist.
If the servitor somehow saw the character they were based on, would that change anything within them? How would they feel?
Like if your servitor was based off a character from an anime, and the next time you watch it the servitor happens to see the character that they're based off of.
Doesn't affect them in the least. Alphas based on characters are well informed of their origins. While they will still behave exactly as the character does, they fully understand they were created, and that they look and act like a character from some form of media.

For instance, all the characters in my signature actually represent some of my alphas. Cerea being my oldest and strongest among them(she is now one of his Ascended Ranked). I will often rewatch the series or even just select scene with them in it as a means to bond with them. I think they enjoy the attention the association with a character affords.

Of course, you are free to make alterations as well. For example, my Onna Kishi(MaoYuu) is a Kentauride/Arachne shifter(she shift between an 8 legged centaur and arachne form). Lalatina(Konosuba) is a Kentauride/Beetle shifter(she shifts between a 6 legged centaur and a beetle bottom half, lol) otherwise I changed nothing about their personalities(they actually learned how to take a human form from the rest of my keep so, there's that, lol).

Or you can go the other way. I used Alice Nakiri's physical appearance as a base, made her something of a Twi'lek/Togruta/Saiyan/Gem hybrid. She has a different name and personality. I may actually still even get an actual Alice Alpha at some point too, lol Which I have already gotten confirmation wouldn't be an issue.

TL;DR Alphas are in no way affected by being based off a character, and you are only limited by your imagination when designing them.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

HonkPills wrote:Whoops, i have more questions haha..

good question. I think a small realm is as big as a big city.
You technically don't need a realm builder to build your own realm, but it make things alooooot easier. You just give him "commands" in forms of pictures, ideas how the realm should look like and he builds it for you, without using any of your energy. If you would build the realm yourself, you would need days, months or years of hard work and alot of energy to do it.

Techstuff also works in the astral, but in depends what they're created to do. For example, one of the guardians of my second Lord uses drones to oversee the world of his Lord. Some of my Alphas uses tech-suits and telephone-like devices. Computers are also used to store data on it. If you break it down, a machine isn't much different from a simple beta servitor.
So I would guess, you can also have your console in the astral :p

Also i have a question on servitors being based on characters that already exist.

Alphas know they're human made, so there shouldn't really be a problem. At least mine don't really care. They see the media-character as similar to them, but not as themselfes. It's another question vice versa- what happens, if a character binding sees an Alpha of them.

*steals nice method to answer questions from DLM. Is evil Cats*

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Daaahaaaaa! Rai was quicker D:

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well, I do have the advantage of being the one who approved their post.

You probably technically answered quicker though Cat, lol

I hunt and peck when I type so it takes forever, I just started earlier so finished first most likely. xD

HonkPills
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks guys for the answers!

sorry for asking so many but im curious about some other things... If your third eye is advanced enough, would you be able to see your alphas constantly if they're around?
My third eye isn't developed at all i don't think, but i want to try to open it.

Also, i should add that i'm pretty new to this haha, i have a few spirits but it's hard to sense them. Are alphas recommended for beginners? Or a bit easier to sense?

Return to “Servitors/Thoughtforms”