You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 48
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I do not have one
Zodiac:

I really don't know much about it other than it is a painting that my great grandmother has for a good number of years and that she had it hung in her livingroom. When she passed on my mother inherited the painting. The little girl looks like she could be a member of my family. I am not sure why I have such a bad reaction to it. My mom loves it but it never hangs on the wall for very long. It is usually stored in a closet somewhere.

11 Dragons, 13 Fae/Elves, 3 Immortals, 17 Creatures/Other, 3 Alphas, 5 Werewolves, 2 Hellhounds, 13 Vampires (Sang & Psy), 11 various DA spirits
Edens Eve
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons

This painting holds a lot of sadness and fear. I do not think it is haunted. The eyes following you is a frequent optical illusion our minds create. I am in line with NeoStarFire. Perhaps the painter, likely your great grandmother, poured her emotions into it as she painted it. Which is why you get the feelings you do from the painting. It's not haunted, just negative energy has been imprinted upon it.

The reason I believe your great grandmother to be the painter is because of the way she treasured that painting. It was her self expression. Her sadness is on her face, her fear and inability to speak of it is in the dolls eyes and also shown by the hand over the mouth. Abuse is probably accurate, as someone pointed out the doll's contorted arm.

This painting is clearly of self expression. Why else would the child be sad and the doll be held as she is? You do not need to be afraid of the painting. Just recognize the feelings you feel are the emotions poured into the painting. If it is too much, you could always cleanse it.

~~ Knowledge is power ~~
Edens Eve
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons

Negative residual energy. That's what I was trying to explain.

~~ Knowledge is power ~~
Wisdom Seaker
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

The painting does stir the imagination. That's evident.

When you speak of haunted... Do things happen around the painting?

Kind regards
Wisdom Seaker

... Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing...

someone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

People tend to create art that resonates most with others when their own emotions are strong enough to come through in the painting itself. I think the artist may have been having feelings of nostalgia and might have felt some sort of longing for those days when they were young. I agree that it's not necessarily something to be afraid of, parts of people's spirits may be attracted to certain elements that had importance in their lives when alive and as such return there, even if temporary.

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.
Wisdom Seaker
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

someone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:43 am People tend to create art that resonates most with others when their own emotions are strong enough to come through in the painting itself. I think the artist may have been having feelings of nostalgia and might have felt some sort of longing for those days when they were young. I agree that it's not necessarily something to be afraid of, parts of people's spirits may be attracted to certain elements that had importance in their lives when alive and as such return there, even if temporary.

You made me think of Oscar Wildes book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" when you brought up nostalgia.

I have seen a few times in my life where people have said some paintings are cursed. The original would be cursed, but all prints are just canvas... Or are they? 🤔

Kind regards
Wisdom Seaker

... Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing...

someone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

Wisdom Seaker wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:16 am
You made me think of Oscar Wildes book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" when you brought up nostalgia.

I have seen a few times in my life where people have said some paintings are cursed. The original would be cursed, but all prints are just canvas... Or are they? 🤔
I haven't read that book in forever! I wonder if you're right though, and prints of cursed paintings can have some sort of energy as well?

I'm going to save myself time: READ "THREE BOOKS OF OCCULT PHILOSOPHY"

I make the best french toast.

Return to “Haunted & Spirited Archeology”