You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Do not have one
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grigori
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one

Just ordered my first Gargoyle. I cannot wait. I have an American Bulldog...and I sort of think of Gargoyles as the AB of the spirit world. My dog is big, muscular...looks intimidating. What he is instead of vicious is loving, playful, happy...and seems a little...dumb. But he is not...and may seem happy go lucky (and he is...he LOVES babies and little kids), but threaten me...and you meet a different animal indeed. So my questions are:

1. Do Gargoyles interact well with pets? I have one spirit that my dog follows all over the house. He loves her.

2. I have read the psychic and spiritual protection they offer...and take VERY seriously, does that protective streak spill over into the physical world? What if I was jumped at night in a parking lot or something?

3. I have a wife and grown children...if directed, would he provide some protection for them as well?

I'm so excited...these spirits seem right up my alley. I can't believe I didn't go to a Gargoyle first.

Thanks everyone.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you.
brimstone
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0

Hi there! Gargoyles are my favorite subject! Here's my experience (and some generalizations):
1) They LOVE pets (and kids). Mine have taken a liking to my cat. It took awhile for my cat to feel the same.
2) They can protect your physical self, but you don't want to rely on that and avoid taking "common sense" protection measures. They are typically "property protectors" and like to dwell outside, but they will protect their territory and all that dwell within. A few of mine like to go shopping with me- go figure.
3) Yes.

Rexielle
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Many different kinds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Great thread, I'm expecting my first gargoyle soon too. So excited!!

Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.

My spirits I am working with this week: (A) Courtwind Angel, (A) English Psy Vampire, (B) Water Rabbit Spirit Guide, (J) Rosemary Elf, (M) Yurei, and (T) Karkadann Shifter
Bombadil
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Do not have one
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grigori
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one

well, in addition to good old fashion common sense, I tend to travel with Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. Though, even after years of accompanying me, I hope they never see the light of day (or night for that matter). I had a break in a few years back, apparently about 10 of them while I was away for a weekend, ages ranging from 15-25. They caught some, but not all. Never felt "safe" since.

I'm wondering if one were to collect several gargoyles, and they all followed you around, would that constitute gang-related activity?

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you.
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Gargoyles are absolute great spirits, at least in my opinion.
I adore them and love my gang to bits.
They feel responsible for the keepers family - whether that be your wife, your kids or your pets, even other spirits in your household.
If you want them to protect in a certain matter, make sure you task and permit them.
They will be more than eager to act!

Also I find gargoyles are quite affectionate. At least mine, especially the female ones. They are in fact a little attention seeking and looking for approval after fullfilling a task.
Mine come up to me and sit by me and I tell them how much I appreciate them and their work and that I love them. I give them treats. They enjoy that very much.

Besides from being excellent family protectors of course they are very territorial. Mine are quite a sight in the dark outside. Always sitting on guard on the tops of roofs and my garden walls.

Really, Gargoyles are just awesome! You won´t regret it. They become addicitve too.
They make you feel safe and sound.

brimstone
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced

Bombadil wrote: I'm wondering if one were to collect several gargoyles, and they all followed you around, would that constitute gang-related activity?

They'd be exercising their Freedom to Assemble (don't remember if Gargoyles are named in the Bill of Rights)...If they followed someone else around, that's gang-stalking... mine like to be called "Cowboys"... reminds me of that song by Anthrax, "I Am the Law"... oh, nevermind...

Jennypenny
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

:D

I can barely remember not being a keeper. Everything's clearly more entertaining with spirits.. ;D

all you need is love is all you need
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Gargoyles are one of my favorite spirits, they get along well with ALL family, including pets! They are wonderful companions and protectors. I sent one to my sister when she was having difficulty with an unbound spirit. She said that not only did the spirit disappear, but the Gar liked to sleep on her bed. She said that the snoring was a bit loud, but she loved feeling protected.

Her dogs were very amused by the Gargoyle also!

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
kindred
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels

My surprise reverse adoption gargoyle came yesterday, along with an elf. beautiful protective creatures :)

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Funny, I just had a calling as well, never before in the 2 years I have been here. I was quite shocked. There were three of them too! When I get a calling, I leave them in my cart for quite awhile, just to make sure it isn't one sided... these three stuck in there through a major sale...

I never had a warm mushy feeling about a gargoyle till now, but I cannot wait till they arrive :)

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage

Return to “Gargoyle”