Certificate of authentication

leigh
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

When people offer these certificates along with their items, exactly what does it prove? Isn't this something that can just be created on a computer and printed?
Last edited by leigh on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

WE HAD A CERTIFICATE OF ATTESTMENT WHICH IS DIFFERENT. IT HAD THE NAME OF THE CASTING FOR THE SPELL OR SPIRIT & THE DATE CAST. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD PUT ON A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY? WHAT WOULD YOU AUTHENTICATE?

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I have a few of those - basically they just confirm who I bought the thing from. Not really worth a damn, IMO. Unless I was trying to sell an item on & proving where I got it might be a selling point. (Which, frankly, it isn't.)

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
randomfactsqueen
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:WE HAD A CERTIFICATE OF ATTESTMENT WHICH IS DIFFERENT. IT HAD THE NAME OF THE CASTING FOR THE SPELL OR SPIRIT & THE DATE CAST. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD PUT ON A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY? WHAT WOULD YOU AUTHENTICATE?

I think it's a false sense of security -- much like making it illegal to bring a nailclipper (Yes, we're going to hold people hostage and give people manicures!) onto a plane for the sake of national security! You feel safer because you have a "certificate of authenticity." But its not worth a dime, unless there's some kind of money back guarantee or such!
Last edited by randomfactsqueen on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Close but no Godiva -- Anuh
leigh
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

authenticity .... that's the word i meant. :lol:

Thanks for the responses.

Vyprella
neophyte
neophyte

The certificates just act like a reminder and a record for me. I actually type all the relevant info out from them and save it electronically then back it up so if I ever plan on passing my items to future generations, there is a written copy and electronic copies...

I just put the written copies in a binder...I agree with Mongrella that they would serve well if you were to ever resell the items.

Yeh, they're just pieces of printed paper...lol.

Vyprella
Clairsentient Being
"You can't ground me, for I'm neither living nor dead. How can thy ground that which is ungroundable?" Butters, South Park

Return to “General Questions”