You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Malachi Bloodfeather

Great advice.But i whould also say always be a little open-minded and don't assume just because Mags or Ash or their contacts have not experienced something dose not mean it can't be "real".

Angel Marie
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

starseed wrote:Great advice.But i whould also say always be a little open-minded and don't assume just because Mags or Ash or their contacts have not experienced something dose not mean it can't be "real".
I won't speak for Ash or Magnolia because they are more than capable of responding for themselves. When it comes to the paranormal, to your everyday life you learn something new every single day so no...they may not know everything there is to know but they do know a lot. The intent of the post was not to say that she knows it all, no one knows it all. Here is the perfect example, you know those Christine Feehan books about Carpathian vampires and true mates and such, it is a beautiful romantic idea...though there is a minimum of underlying truth in the stories if you bring home a Carpathian vampire don't expect for him to be like the ones described in the book. There is a little truth and folklore behind the fiction but it remains fiction and written in a way to captivate our attention, to make us idolize the creatures to get ratings or sell tickets, you get my point.

"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us."
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Ash & I do feel a bit responsible for some of the misinformation that is circulating because we started this site to inform the public on Spirit Keeping, and then the Forum was opened specifically for discussing Spirit Keeping in an open format and debunking some of absolute ludicrousness that emerged after Spirit Keeping exploded on the internet.

However, our only defense is we cannot inform someone on misinformation until we're aware of the misinformation.

I think we've said many, many times before, and I suppose we'll have to say it many, many times again that you HAVE TO SEPARATE HOLLYWOOD FROM FACT!!!

Hollywood is fun, watching TV shows like True Blood, Supernatural, etc are fun. Watching movies like Twilight and LOTR is fun. They, however, have a serious breakage from reality. I really mean that, a serious breakage.

They can't take what has been printed 100 times before and keep regurgitating it on the screen, so they take what is known fact and skew it to fit their plot line, or come up with a new way of presenting the material so you will tune in or buy a ticket.

Spirit Keeping is not Hollywood, it's real. When you hear people quoting you advice, or giving you information that has its source in Hollywood you need to appreciate the fact they're trying to help, but realize they really have no idea what they're talking about.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please (I can't say it enough), take the time to separate fact from fiction. Please.

I not only agree, but would go a step further, that for me is as follows: The Cell Phone App Addiction, has greated a (metaphor) a Zietgeist-lLike Cloud of Lazy Thinking, that allows anything that is visual and anything that that is "fast & easy", to pose not only as profundity, but truth as well. And frankly, this way of consciousness use, will over time seriously cripple (in all ways) those people who have so happily arfe exploring and loving the realm of Ignorance-and-Overuse of Ego.

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

sheswimswithdragons wrote:Thank you for this post! I can't tell you how many times I've cringed at the misinformation in these shows just all-around. My favorite is probably when Hollywood uses "Wicca" and "witch" interchangeably. /sighs

Also you should include: Dewyche, which is the claan from which "witch" the word came into being, sometime between 600-1200 AD Isle of Wight. Hower, all thes groups need to band together. The Christians and the Buddhists have done so, so why not us? But so far I have only seen, different pagan groups, generally, avoiding any meaningful conversation with any of the others. And that is why the very thing you are stating, happens so often, and that is why "witch-groups" have so little power compared to other lifestyles such as LGBT and mystical religions such as all the different forms of paganism. Its sad, really.

Caiyros Arlen

Occult Metaphysical
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

starseed wrote:Great advice.But i whould also say always be a little open-minded and don't assume just because Mags or Ash or their contacts have not experienced something dose not mean it can't be "real".
Very true, but also keep in mind that Magnolia and Ash have been in the paranormal life for many years, along with Caiyros, and quite a few others on this form, and they have experienced many, many, many, things that you and I have probly never have experienced as of yet!!!!

I know quite a few have all had their own experience from being in this life of paranormal and as some would call it, a part of their own spiritual journey!!!! Some of us have had the paranormal in our lives since we were kids and I believe that so have Magnolia and Ash, if you look through some of the threads, you will find some of their own experiences in there!!!!

The paranormal is nothing quite like what is in the movies or on TV, there may be a small measure of truth, but still their goal is to get you to watch their shows or movies, or read their books, and I am not talking about the books that explain the paranormal, but the fictional books, we all know that there is no real Hogwart out there, if there was I would be there!!! :lol: :lol: 7\

Everyone will have their own experience of the paranormal and not everyone will have the same exact thing, but there might be similar things that do happen, depending on the situation!!!! Spirit Keeping is a paranormal and spiritual path all rolled up in one, and everyone will have their own path that they will follow, whether it is WA, DA, or grey, or BA!!!!

However the one's who have been in this path for many, many years, do know what they are talking about as they have learned and lived their paths, sure there may be some new things that come along and there is nothing wrong with that, but it is always wise to listen to what the ones who have been there and done that, have to say!!!

It has never been a movie or a good book, it is about real life and real life is what we make of it, not a tv story or movie or a book of fantasy!!!! It is all about real life and what we do with it!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Bumping this... there are people quoting about spirits & entities that come directly from shows like True Blood & Supernatural.

Hollywood likes to take real, existing entities and bend their abilities or classifications to their story lines. That is all they are, stories.

You have to actually research races & species based on non-Hollywood sources. If a seller or person is trying to sell you on a race of spirit or entity based on what they saw on a television show, it's not factual, it's made for TV.

Please, everyone, please, don't fall for the Hollywood hype because it's NOT REAL, it's a plot line, and it's not what's going to happen when you bring whatever they are selling, trading, or giving you home.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

well said

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Bumping this... there are people quoting about spirits & entities that come directly from shows like True Blood & Supernatural.

Hollywood likes to take real, existing entities and bend their abilities or classifications to their story lines. That is all they are, stories.

You have to actually research races & species based on non-Hollywood sources. If a seller or person is trying to sell you on a race of spirit or entity based on what they saw on a television show, it's not factual, it's made for TV.

Please, everyone, please, don't fall for the Hollywood hype because it's NOT REAL, it's a plot line, and it's not what's going to happen when you bring whatever they are selling, trading, or giving you home.
GUYS & GALS: Listenup on this thread and the posts of experience here. There are only 2 current truths about Hollywood:

1.) These days (not like the classic days and even then...) Hollywood doesn't known their mouth from their a%%, and has felt that cpitalizing on Fear, Hatred, and Gore is the "BIG IT".
and

2.) Hollywood and Disney and the rest are dying. Years ago when involved in film, a motion picture cost between $100-$500 per film, and little theatres as well as the "classic big ones" could operate and make a profit. -now they have had a run on animation and special effects, but they have retreated (as box office prices went up from $1.50 to $12.50 and megaplexes tried to knock out their own competition, and in doing so, their knocked out themselves. During the early 1990s, Vlada Petrich at Harvard Film, introduced me to Sean Penn, and he agreed with some of this, but what was most memorable was that he wanted to make a movie called "The Knockout Man", about a Carnival midway act of a man who would come out into a small "ring" and knock wearing boxing gloves, knock himself out, and that was going to be his metaphor for the type of culture in America, and maybe Europe.

Between 1840 thru 1970 there was a huge push to make the Occult-Metaphysical World be ligitimized into mainstream culture. We are now in the 2nd push and the odds are in favor of it being the last needed push. BUT, if it fails....."wal pardner, that aint good" Cultural time is wasted. People in the Occult-Metaphysical World, should spend at least 7 hours a week learning from books. But the Cell Phone-Apps World IS the MODERN manifestation, of Homer's Circe turning Odyssey's men into swine, peacfully grazing and loving anyone who would pat them on the head. Odysseus had to rescue his men. So the question remains: Are you going to be a grazing, happy, pig or are you going to be a rescuer? The decision is yours, and so are the consequences. (Why Homer? Well for me, my Old Testament is Homer's Iliad & Odyssey, my Apochrapha is Plato, Kierkegaard, Crowley, & Camus, and my New Testament is the entire TV show M.A.S.H. so mote it be)

Personal Commitment to: High Level Laziness & "Corner-Cutting" or "Gowing-With-The-Flow", or a Commitment to Exploring the Real Realms of Genuine Hard-Core Knowledge"

As Klaatu would say in 1950, "We ask you to cease your childish wras and attitudes"
Einstein: "What is the Alternative"
Klaatu: "There is No Alternative!"

(remembered from The Day the Earth Stood Still, "the great version" of 1950.

And Sir Arthur C. Clarke, both said and demonstrated in his books and his movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, "We have reach Childhood's End" (which is also the name of one of his books"

So, from my own view point: We either rot into decaying children, or we explore and be the caretakers of all dimensions and the Universe that gave us birth for that purpose. It will be one or the other. Apart from these 2 mentioned ways - "There is no alternative."

Caiyros Arlen

Occult Metaphysical
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Great advice.But i whould also say always be a little open-minded and don't assume just because Mags or Ash or their contacts have not experienced something dose not mean it can't be "real".
Very true, but also keep in mind that Magnolia and Ash have been in the paranormal life for many years, along with Caiyros, and quite a few others on this form, and they have experienced many, many, many, things that you and I have probly never have experienced as of yet!!!!

I know quite a few have all had their own experience from being in this life of paranormal and as some would call it, a part of their own spiritual journey!!!! Some of us have had the paranormal in our lives since we were kids and I believe that so have Magnolia and Ash, if you look through some of the threads, you will find some of their own experiences in there!!!!

The paranormal is nothing quite like what is in the movies or on TV, there may be a small measure of truth, but still their goal is to get you to watch their shows or movies, or read their books, and I am not talking about the books that explain the paranormal, but the fictional books, we all know that there is no real Hogwart out there, if there was I would be there!!!
Starseed- true, but I think at this point we've both lived it long enough that there's a great deal more we DO understand than do not understand. I don't think our breadth of knowledge is in question, this entire website stands as a living monument to our well-traversed path through multiple venues of the paranormal. Ash and I both have spent the better part of our lives involved in the paranormal in one form or another (and most of the time in multiple forms).

That said, there is always more to learn in this life, always. No one will ever stop being a student of life & its existence. However, there is also a clear-cut line between fantasy & truth, and when you're dealing with the paranormal the line can appear blurry to some... and don't think in some cases those who are scamming others don't know that.

If I hear someone quoting a television show or a fictional movie speaking as fact when it was simply made up for a good story line or plot then I think it's self-evident the information is compromised. When someone follows the plot lines of fictional TV shows & movies you don't have to say just because Magnolia and Ash haven't seen it doesn't make it true, the fact that television writers & screenplay writers invented it to make it fit their storyline is what makes it untrue.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Messages & Updates”