Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ash & I do feel a bit responsible for some of the misinformation that is circulating because we started this site to inform the public on Spirit Keeping, and then the Forum was opened specifically for discussing Spirit Keeping in an open format and debunking some of absolute ludicrousness that emerged after Spirit Keeping exploded on the internet.

However, our only defense is we cannot inform someone on misinformation until we're aware of the misinformation.

I think we've said many, many times before, and I suppose we'll have to say it many, many times again that you HAVE TO SEPARATE HOLLYWOOD FROM FACT!!!

Hollywood is fun, watching TV shows like True Blood, Supernatural, etc are fun. Watching movies like Twilight and LOTR is fun. They, however, have a serious breakage from reality. I really mean that, a serious breakage.

They can't take what has been printed 100 times before and keep regurgitating it on the screen, so they take what is known fact and skew it to fit their plot line, or come up with a new way of presenting the material so you will tune in or buy a ticket.

Spirit Keeping is not Hollywood, it's real. When you hear people quoting you advice, or giving you information that has its source in Hollywood you need to appreciate the fact they're trying to help, but realize they really have no idea what they're talking about.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please (I can't say it enough), take the time to separate fact from fiction. Please.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I agree! :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Thanks Magnolia :hug:

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Ash & I do feel a bit responsible for some of the misinformation that is circulating because we started this site to inform the public on Spirit Keeping, and then the Forum was opened specifically for discussing Spirit Keeping in an open format and debunking some of absolute ludicrousness that emerged after Spirit Keeping exploded on the internet.

However, our only defense is we cannot inform someone on misinformation until we're aware of the misinformation.

I think we've said many, many times before, and I suppose we'll have to say it many, many times again that you HAVE TO SEPARATE HOLLYWOOD FROM FACT!!!

Hollywood is fun, watching TV shows like True Blood, Supernatural, etc are fun. Watching movies like Twilight and LOTR is fun. They, however, have a serious breakage from reality. I really mean that, a serious breakage.

They can't take what has been printed 100 times before and keep regurgitating it on the screen, so they take what is known fact and skew it to fit their plot line, or come up with a new way of presenting the material so you will tune in or buy a ticket.

Spirit Keeping is not Hollywood, it's real. When you hear people quoting you advice, or giving you information that has its source in Hollywood you need to appreciate the fact they're trying to help, but realize they really have no idea what they're talking about.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please (I can't say it enough), take the time to separate fact from fiction. Please.
You mean I can't use my CH mini-wand as a flashlight by uttering "Lumos" to turn it on, and "Nox" to turn it off? :D <ducks flying tomatoes>

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
sheswimswithdragons
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Skies
Zodiac:

Thank you for this post! I can't tell you how many times I've cringed at the misinformation in these shows just all-around. My favorite is probably when Hollywood uses "Wicca" and "witch" interchangeably. /sighs

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

People need to ask questions of the people who have gone before. Read books, help and ask questions.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

:applause:

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:Ash & I do feel a bit responsible for some of the misinformation that is circulating because we started this site to inform the public on Spirit Keeping, and then the Forum was opened specifically for discussing Spirit Keeping in an open format and debunking some of absolute ludicrousness that emerged after Spirit Keeping exploded on the internet.

You mean I can't use my CH mini-wand as a flashlight by uttering "Lumos" to turn it on, and "Nox" to turn it off? :D <ducks flying tomatoes>
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: :funnypost:

However I do agree, Hollywood is for entertainment and does NOT show the truth of the matter, even though there may be some truth, it is still not the whole truth as it has been made to fit the movie or show!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

:applause: agree

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Currently, Hollywood and TV Media are going on a real witch hunt, and have already "scooped up" all the nasty and dark humour replies and statements all over the web. This All Hallows Eve will have terrible stuff running thru the entire week (note; I am NOT talking about the "Classic Occult Movies" of the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and partial-1960s"... It is the blood and Gore - Criminal Minds - way of creating tv stories.

The media moguls are largely to blame for being money whores with peoples' imaginations, But Also: there has been a lot of "I love death, destruction, evisceration, torture humour out there - all over the web and in most Occult-Metaphysical sites - and it will get worse before it gets better - and it will effect sales across the board for the next half year (that is, if O.M. people take the time to "fix it", or the next 2 years, until boredom sets in with the viewing and game playing public.

As a professional marketing media person (Mad Ave and all that) , It is my opinion, that as of now - no quick fixes exist.

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Return to “Messages & Updates”