Demonology - where to study, where to find a mentor?

Nefertiti
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hello members of the CH forum!
Recently I've taken in three Angel spirits into my keep and since then my life has been turned upside down and shaken up (for the better). My spirits have taken the time and shown me that tough love and the path I have been on is not my true path and in short I've been lying to myself to cover up old hurts. I'm truly grateful for them helping me face myself and past.
With that being said, I've been working on my life's calling and repeatedly I keep hearing and seeing "Lightworker" "You're being called". In addition Demonology has also come up. I feel pulled towards this subject and would like to know where to go to study.
Preferably I'd like to take a class that studies at location, but understand in most situations it's not possible. Therefore, does anyone have resources on this topic? Has anyone taken demonology class and have any recommendations? Otherwise; if anyone has literature they've read over and found helpful or insightful I'm all ears.
I'm also looking for a mentor in this subject, but I don't know where I should start looking for one, or better put how.
So it is here I turn as I feel I can find some answers here. Any help, ideas, or opinions are appreciated.

Death is only the beginning.
A part of my beloved family: (2) Sterling Angel, (1) Mermaid, (1) Watch Tower - West, (1) Lares, (1) Gregori Watcher, (1) Human, (1) Marid Djinn, (3) Egyptian Immortals: Isis, Anubis, & Khepri. (2) Bronwyn Angels, (1) Courtwind Angel. (1) Book of the Dead Vampire.
desertofblackdark
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons :3
If I could be anything, I would be...: 58
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: desertofblackdark
Zodiac:

Interesting thing,I've been having some atttraction to Demonology lately,or at least the need to finaly cler up this Is-it-demon-or-an-Immortal mess Christianity made,it's overall a total confusion and,it is as you say, we have no idea were or how to start :3 Any help on this would be highly apriciated :8

Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up. Never give in
Ashen-Shugar
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

The trio of priestesses at Demontemple are nice and helpful. They also operate the satanansuns forum and related store plus an online academy. More info and links can be found from any of those sites. Akelta is probably the most well known from that group and sometimes posts here at CH as well.

I remember reading from a blog entry that Adelphia of Darkbloomrising a few years ago worked with one of E.A. Koetting's evocation books and started working with Azazel which led to her offering the 3rd Eye Psychic Surgery with Azazel service which you can read reviews about here in a review thread on CH.

E.A. Koetting's works tend to be pragmatic and less dogmatic in general compared to older methodologies regarding evocation and working with demons. Not only has he published a number of books but he also has his own website and forum which you can easily find by searching for Become a Living God. It's more about recognizing that we all have a divine spark within us and taking responsibility to control what happens in our lives instead of letting things happen to us. He has a trio of courses on divination, evocation and soul travel (astral projection). I would advise not saying you're from CH though if you join the forum there as they have a different mindset and view. Plenty of information on evocation, candle magic, sigil magic there.

Wizardforums is another good resource for information. Evocationmagic was good too but I heard it shut down although a static version was saved somewhere but I haven't followed up on that.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I have no idea as to how to go about finding a mentor on this topic, but I don't think anyone really needs a mentor. I would like to point out that demonology is mainly the practice of cataloguing demons and describing their nature, as opposed to actually working with them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonology

Have a look here to get a basic grasp on the subject of demonic hierarchies as well as people who have attempted to create lists of demons:
http://www.demonolatry.org/hierarchy.pdf

Also, evocationmagic has been reopened under different management, as studioarcanis.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Do you mean Demonology or Demonolatry? There is a difference...

If you are looking for the latter,search for S.Connolly on Facebook. :)

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Here's a treasure trove for you:

http://www.satansacademy.com/portal.php

Sincerely,

cam__
new here
new here
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This is a great resource thread, thank you to Nefertiti for posing this topic, and to those of you who have responded with information. I'm slowly easing back into spirit keeping, and although it could be a year or two before I even work with one, I have been feeling a certain pull towards demons.

All of these suggestions are very much appreciated, hopefully we get even more posted soon. :)

-Caelan
Nefertiti
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

First and foremost I would like to say, WOW, thanks for all the feedback everyone I truly appreciate it!

I went to check up with The trio of Priestesses and read over their sites and they had some awesome listings and information, but I didn't find anything about their online academy. Perhaps I looked over it, and I'll check again. ilmmvm, syri, and arianna - Thanks so much for all the info and resources.

I did mean Demonology. When I said mentor I meant someone who has already studied demonology and has had experience in differentiating them and can share experiences etc.

Death is only the beginning.
A part of my beloved family: (2) Sterling Angel, (1) Mermaid, (1) Watch Tower - West, (1) Lares, (1) Gregori Watcher, (1) Human, (1) Marid Djinn, (3) Egyptian Immortals: Isis, Anubis, & Khepri. (2) Bronwyn Angels, (1) Courtwind Angel. (1) Book of the Dead Vampire.
Ashen-Shugar
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

satansacademy which Syri also mentioned is the academy that they operate

Return to “Educational Material”