sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I find it humorously ironic that on the day this thread appears, I received the action figure of my favorite character from American Horror Story: Coven in the mail. Misty Day FTW. :wizard: :witch:

But I know that unfortunately, the powers described in said TV series involve LOTS of dramatization with a smattering of "based on real people in history".

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Good post, Magnolia. How true and sad it is that people do research on the shows they watch instead of looking up the legends and myths that tell the real story of the different races. Just a little research can tell lots of information and show the story lines to stories such as Harry Potter and others like it to be so fake.

Not all races are cute and cuddly, but not all are violent either. Good examples of this are the vampires. They are not blood suckers bent on world domination. They have thoughts and feelings in real life. As creatures of duality, they can choose to be good or bad, but usually choose to be good. They are cognizant of the concept of karma. Fae are cute and cuddly, and are not bent on destruction. As white arts creatures, they love to entertain, and will help in healing and finding things for you. They do no harm.

See the difference? Not Hollywood at all. Reality is different than Hollywood.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

Well said Mags! I think this post should be stickied!!!

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I can only think of one practical and useful part of those fictional shows. they do just enough research in them to know proper pronuciations of words and names I have only read and never heard.... or do they? hmmm.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Amen, fantasy is marketable the reality is far more serious. I have never watched any of these vampire series and have no desire to. The newbies need to take time and do alot of reading on this forum to understand what is real and what is tv material before they make their decisions and purchases. Buying a spirit is not going to change a situation overnight, it takes time and building a relationship to have the assistance of any being . Buying a vampire or any other being is not a fix all of everything in your life period. Please read and absorb the information on this site, pay attention to peoples experiences and what they did to achieve their goals.

Moonshadowlab AKA Lisa B
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I can only think of one practical and useful part of those fictional shows. they do just enough research in them to know proper pronuciations of words and names I have only read and never heard.... or do they? hmmm.
True. They also CAN provide a jumping-off point for looking up the REAL information.

Case in point, that Coven reference I made earlier. I had never heard of some of the people, events, and things referenced in the story. So when I wondered, "Who is Papa Legba", a few moments later, bingo. There was the *correct* info on my computer screen, as opposed to the dramatized character in the show. Or the Axeman, was he real?... type, type, <enter>, and there were the historic references. What is the REAL history of Marie Laveau... CLICK. There it is. And so on.

The thing is, a person has to have the innate curiosity to actually wonder what's real and what's made up in a given storyline, and at least enough drive to type something into a Google screen and hit an Enter key. I don't equate that to real, in-depth research, but it IS a way to gain knowledge... and maybe hit on the topics for which a person DOES want to spend those hours in libraries, poring over books.

And for anyone who's in need of the spelling of the terms they're encountering in the show, turn on the closed captions. My hubby is hard of hearing, so we have them on anyway, but I LIKE being able to double-check things and also seeing the spellings of unfamiliar words, right from the word "go". I use the captions even when it's just me watching the TV.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I love that it drives you crazy Magnolia. Hahaha. Sometimes I think, I wouldn't haven't written the djinn that way. And I wonder why the main characters always get away with righteous murder even if a demon is possessing the innocent. I love fantasy it supplements reality quite well.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

It is about time this was flat out said and thank-you Magnolia for saying it!!!! Yes I like some of the shows and movies, but I always keep in mind that it is just Hollywood, doing it's thing and making money!!!

I use to get mad about how they treated dragons, making them all out to be evil and bad, until Dragon Heart came along, which showed the good side of dragons!!!! Are there evil dragons out there, yes, but not all are evil as we well know!!!!

I do like Supernatural because I have a blast pointing out the things that they don't have right and I know that angels are in no way shape or form, wimpy and whether they are white or dark, wimpy is not it!!!! I however do like watching eye candy and of course my hubby says I am sick and I say well of course and then we both laugh!!!! :lol:

Fae, I will like to point out that they can be light or dark, but nothing like on tv or the movies and elves(LOTR), they are braver and more magical, at least they got them looking beautiful, so they may be closer then what others have got them, like on Lost Girl. Vampires oh my, you should hear my vampires talk about what they see on tv, they just shake their heads and say guess again, and we know none of them sparkle either!!!! The werewolves, also voice their opinions as well, no self respecting werewolf, would ever be like what they are on tv!!!!!

I have always gone into spirit keeping with a more down to earth view and long before I ever became a spirit keeper, I did my own research and talked to people who was like minded like myself and we knew that not all that is portrayed through the media, is ever correct, or base loosely on facts, as they do want to make money from their movies and tv shows!!!!! So they do what will sell!!!!

If we want facts, places like this forum is where we should come, sellers who believe, that something that is loosely based on a tv or movie or a fictional book, is not selling the real deal!!!!

So we should pay attention to what is actually being offered for sale!!!

As for the movies and tv shows and fictional books, that is for us to enjoy watching or reading, not taking it as something that is for real!!!! The real stuff is happening in our own lives!!! There are movies and books that are based on real events and them I do like to watch, but I also keep in mind, that some of it might have been added to it, in order for it to sell!!!! I did like watching Being Human, at least they did try to make it more real, however you see how long it lasted, so they gave it an ending!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:It is about time this was flat out said and thank-you Magnolia for saying it!!!! Yes I like some of the shows and movies, but I always keep in mind that it is just Hollywood, doing it's thing and making money!!!

I use to get mad about how they treated dragons, making them all out to be evil and bad, until Dragon Heart came along, which showed the good side of dragons!!!! Are there evil dragons out there, yes, but not all are evil as we well know!!!!

I do like Supernatural because I have a blast pointing out the things that they don't have right and I know that angels are in no way shape or form, wimpy and whether they are white or dark, wimpy is not it!!!! I however do like watching eye candy and of course my hubby says I am sick and I say well of course and then we both laugh!!!! :lol:

Fae, I will like to point out that they can be light or dark, but nothing like on tv or the movies and elves(LOTR), they are braver and more magical, at least they got them looking beautiful, so they may be closer then what others have got them, like on Lost Girl. Vampires oh my, you should hear my vampires talk about what they see on tv, they just shake their heads and say guess again, and we know none of them sparkle either!!!! The werewolves, also voice their opinions as well, no self respecting werewolf, would ever be like what they are on tv!!!!!

I have always gone into spirit keeping with a more down to earth view and long before I ever became a spirit keeper, I did my own research and talked to people who was like minded like myself and we knew that not all that is portrayed through the media, is ever correct, or base loosely on facts, as they do want to make money from their movies and tv shows!!!!! So they do what will sell!!!!

If we want facts, places like this forum is where we should come, sellers who believe, that something that is loosely based on a tv or movie or a fictional book, is not selling the real deal!!!!

So we should pay attention to what is actually being offered for sale!!!

As for the movies and tv shows and fictional books, that is for us to enjoy watching or reading, not taking it as something that is for real!!!! The real stuff is happening in our own lives!!! There are movies and books that are based on real events and them I do like to watch, but I also keep in mind, that some of it might have been added to it, in order for it to sell!!!! I did like watching Being Human, at least they did try to make it more real, however you see how long it lasted, so they gave it an ending!!!!

starfire ::dragons::
As usual, you are correct, however, I would be remiss to point out that this is pertaining to spirits and entities. Servitors can be as close to real, or as close to fantasy as you wish them to be.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I'd say that the difference is that in fiction, no one has to try so hard to make things finally start to happen. No one wants to watch years of effort only to get kind of, maybe, sort of, possibly, did something actually happen or not.

Return to “Messages & Updates”