Happify
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Well said! Entainment is, well, entertaining, but you're a bit daft if you don't get your facts elsewhere.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

darklordmidnight wrote:
starfire wrote:It is about time this was flat out said and thank-you Magnolia for saying it!!!! Yes I like some of the shows and movies, but I always keep in mind that it is just Hollywood, doing it's thing and making money!!!

I use to get mad about how they treated dragons, making them all out to be evil and bad, until Dragon Heart came along, which showed the good side of dragons!!!! Are there evil dragons out there, yes, but not all are evil as we well know!!!!

I do like Supernatural because I have a blast pointing out the things that they don't have right and I know that angels are in no way shape or form, wimpy and whether they are white or dark, wimpy is not it!!!! I however do like watching eye candy and of course my hubby says I am sick and I say well of course and then we both laugh!!!! :lol:

Fae, I will like to point out that they can be light or dark, but nothing like on tv or the movies and elves(LOTR), they are braver and more magical, at least they got them looking beautiful, so they may be closer then what others have got them, like on Lost Girl. Vampires oh my, you should hear my vampires talk about what they see on tv, they just shake their heads and say guess again, and we know none of them sparkle either!!!! The werewolves, also voice their opinions as well, no self respecting werewolf, would ever be like what they are on tv!!!!!

I have always gone into spirit keeping with a more down to earth view and long before I ever became a spirit keeper, I did my own research and talked to people who was like minded like myself and we knew that not all that is portrayed through the media, is ever correct, or base loosely on facts, as they do want to make money from their movies and tv shows!!!!! So they do what will sell!!!!

If we want facts, places like this forum is where we should come, sellers who believe, that something that is loosely based on a tv or movie or a fictional book, is not selling the real deal!!!!

So we should pay attention to what is actually being offered for sale!!!

As for the movies and tv shows and fictional books, that is for us to enjoy watching or reading, not taking it as something that is for real!!!! The real stuff is happening in our own lives!!! There are movies and books that are based on real events and them I do like to watch, but I also keep in mind, that some of it might have been added to it, in order for it to sell!!!! I did like watching Being Human, at least they did try to make it more real, however you see how long it lasted, so they gave it an ending!!!!

starfire ::dragons::
As usual, you are correct, however, I would be remiss to point out that this is pertaining to spirits and entities. Servitors can be as close to real, or as close to fantasy as you wish them to be.
Very true dark and that is why I love the servitors!!!!! 7\ 8)|*

There are times when we need that in our lives and I for one like having that as well!!!!
Inedible wrote:I'd say that the difference is that in fiction, no one has to try so hard to make things finally start to happen. No one wants to watch years of effort only to get kind of, maybe, sort of, possibly, did something actually happen or not.
Very true, it does take a lot of work, even if you had everything in the right place, the right kind of interaction and the right spirits, entities, and even the right kind of servitors, it still takes work, time, to get where we want to be in our path and the right kind of expectations in what we want and where we want to go!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

It all boils down to one final thing:
Are you so mentally lazy and so full of fear, and or hate, and or laziness for using your brain, that you simply won't do so serious research that takes 1,000% more time than finger-pushing an "Ap"? And if you are, why should anyone help the person who is like this (as the help, will be reversed within a day or so).

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen wrote:It all boils down to one final thing:
Are you so mentally lazy and so full of fear, and or hate, and or laziness for using your brain, that you simply won't do so serious research that takes 1,000% more time than finger-pushing an "Ap"? And if you are, why should anyone help the person who is like this (as the help, will be reversed within a day or so).

Caiyros Arlen
Online searches are a good starting point, but they can't be the only source of research.

If someone's doing it right, the search engine will give them names of authors and titles of books, so they can continue their learning in an offline manner, not just relying on the data they find online.

If they're REALLY doing it right, they'll have their critical-thinking circuits engaged, as well, so they don't fall into the trap of believing the utter nonsense that sometimes appears along with (or in lieu of) actual information.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:

Caiyros Arlen
Online searches are a good starting point, but they can't be the only source of research.

If someone's doing it right, the search engine will give them names of authors and titles of books, so they can continue their learning in an offline manner, not just relying on the data they find online.

If they're REALLY doing it right, they'll have their critical-thinking circuits engaged, as well, so they don't fall into the trap of believing the utter nonsense that sometimes appears along with (or in lieu of) actual information.
Online searches will not give you enough information. I mean how many “searches” exist and are read that are the equivalent of 500 pages long or more?

My generation is the last generation that had fulkl and complete educatory knowledges (plural deliberate)) IN MANY, MANY AREAS, INCLUDING THE Occult. I owned and ran one of the early Occult book Store and inherited the oldes Occult Book Store in America (1850), and all the people (and their friends…it kept on building as time went on) were amazingly well read and knowledgeable, Mary Manners Hammerstein was one of 100s)……..But now, the level of self-imposed ignorance, is so high, and so snotty, that now what is happening is a tragedy: these people from the 1950s thru 1970s are getting fed up with all the egotistical ignorance and lack of genuine interest, and so the sources of information are either dying off, people like Jim Woolsey, and the others are getting to the point where there is a really nasty decision tree to deal with: either create a major split in the Occult Metaphysical “World”, which means a war between the knowledge holders and the arrogant ignorant, or going underground and letting the huge number of “O-M “mistake-makers” have their day of destruction thru stupid arrogance, and there can be a third realm…..Separate and break off from all this cr&p and refuse knowledge, and create a minority society of vast power, which while not being warlike, nevertheless, will be militant, by not sharing anything, and this has already begun in areas that you haven’t even heard about, nor will you. Do you think that those people out there who know a lot, haven’t seen the unpleasant nonsense going on. And too show the level of ignorance, I can (and have) shown some of these groups, and they haven’t even been noticed, or if noticed, not reacted at all.

Here is the proof of what I have just said:

You want a fast-track to learning? The do the following --- Read and understand (understanding thru thinking and thinking and thinking…..until you get it)

Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse (my grandmother knew the real Steppenwolf. I have some of his letters).

777 by Aleister Crowley

The Serpent Power by Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodruffe (I republished this).

Magister Ludi by Hermann Hesse

The Qabala by Gareth Knight

Demian by Hermann Hesse

Psychic Self Defense by Dion Fortune

Mysterium Conjuntionis by Dr. Carl Jung

This will give any newbie a baseline of knowledge beyond their wildest dreams, and it will probably take 2 years to digest it.

Ah, 2 years? No way Jose! Am I right? Or, am I right?

Dirty Harry (Caiyros Arlen)

Occult Metaphysical
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

The problem is most everyone goes to Wiki to get their information. Wiki is not a good research option because it can be and is edited by people who are not experts, so misinformation abounds there. If you can find true sources of research, use them instead.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:The problem is most everyone goes to Wiki to get their information. Wiki is not a good research option because it can be and is edited by people who are not experts, so misinformation abounds there. If you can find true sources of research, use them instead.

Well said in a few words. Right On! Another viewpoint is that people who have done all this Ocult-Metatphysical CR@p, are "knowledge-pimps".- they titillate - but do not allow for full orgasm ( a metaphor of course!)

Occult Metaphysical
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:

Caiyros Arlen

Online searches will not give you enough information. I mean how many “searches” exist and are read that are the equivalent of 500 pages long or more?

My generation is the last generation that had fulkl and complete educatory knowledges (plural deliberate)) IN MANY, MANY AREAS, INCLUDING THE Occult. I owned and ran one of the early Occult book Store and inherited the oldes Occult Book Store in America (1850), and all the people (and their friends…it kept on building as time went on) were amazingly well read and knowledgeable, Mary Manners Hammerstein was one of 100s)……..But now, the level of self-imposed ignorance, is so high, and so snotty, that now what is happening is a tragedy: these people from the 1950s thru 1970s are getting fed up with all the egotistical ignorance and lack of genuine interest, and so the sources of information are either dying off, people like Jim Woolsey, and the others are getting to the point where there is a really nasty decision tree to deal with: either create a major split in the Occult Metaphysical “World”, which means a war between the knowledge holders and the arrogant ignorant, or going underground and letting the huge number of “O-M “mistake-makers” have their day of destruction thru stupid arrogance, and there can be a third realm…..Separate and break off from all this cr&p and refuse knowledge, and create a minority society of vast power, which while not being warlike, nevertheless, will be militant, by not sharing anything, and this has already begun in areas that you haven’t even heard about, nor will you. Do you think that those people out there who know a lot, haven’t seen the unpleasant nonsense going on. And too show the level of ignorance, I can (and have) shown some of these groups, and they haven’t even been noticed, or if noticed, not reacted at all.

Here is the proof of what I have just said:

You want a fast-track to learning? The do the following --- Read and understand (understanding thru thinking and thinking and thinking…..until you get it)

Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse (my grandmother knew the real Steppenwolf. I have some of his letters).

777 by Aleister Crowley

The Serpent Power by Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodruffe (I republished this).

Magister Ludi by Hermann Hesse

The Qabala by Gareth Knight

Demian by Hermann Hesse

Psychic Self Defense by Dion Fortune

Mysterium Conjuntionis by Dr. Carl Jung

This will give any newbie a baseline of knowledge beyond their wildest dreams, and it will probably take 2 years to digest it.

Ah, 2 years? No way Jose! Am I right? Or, am I right?

Definitely, there's a big gap between "online search" and actual research. Case in point, while watching American Horror Story last season, they brought in a supernatural character named Papa Legba. Since we use the captions here, I was able to see the spelling of his name. I promptly put his name into Google because I wanted to see if he was real, or if he was something created by the AHS writers (as they were writing for entertainment, not for metaphysical accuracy).

What I found, with even that cursory examination is yes, Vodou practitioners do revere Papa Legba; he was not the creation of the horror series. But no, Papa Legba is nothing like the character on the show (except possibly in appearance). However, I also know that the knowledge I gained from Google isn't enough to fill a thimble. If I were serious about learning more, I'd have had to take myself to the library and try to find out if there were any Vodou practitioners locally from whom I could learn the actual lore surrounding Papa Legba.

My question of "is he real, or is he part of the universe created by AHS" was able to be answered at 10:30 on a weeknight, thanks to the internet. But only a fool would call themselves an expert after reading so little information.

Sadly, some people ARE out there who believe that just reading a wiki, skimming through Google results, or even reading *a* book makes them an expert. It's what happens when we have a society that insists, like the song lyrics say, "I want it ALL and I want it NOW." Not so fast, grasshopper, not so fast. Expertise isn't gained so easily. It takes waaaay more effort -- on the research end, and on the practice end -- to earn the right to self-ID as an expert.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Bravo ! Well Said! Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Great post Magnolia! :applause: :thumbup: I was just hoping someone is going to create this kind of post, as I felt many times irritated by the misleading info about the spirit world that is presented in that kind of tv series.

Return to “Messages & Updates”