neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 77
Spelled Number: 34
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks for posting this. I roll my eyes every time Hollywood puts out their new creature of the year. Hollywood movies are all based on ancient beliefs twisted to fit into the modern day black and white either/or thinking that modern society is based on. Unfortunately, a lot of comic authors and paranormal fiction writers are to blame for the movies and shows currently on air.

“Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, your attitude when you have everything.” – Unknown

Loki is my homeboy and Heru is my voice of reason.

“Don’t speak unless you can improve the silence.” – Spanish Proverb
RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Zephyr
Zodiac:

I definitely agree with OP's post, however I'd like to play devil's advocate for a quick second.

While you shouldn't believe in what Hollywood writes regarding magick, etc., it can be possible to de-fictionalize some of it. I'm reading Kalayna Price's Grave Witch series and some of the magic in the books definitely seems doable. The heroine in the book, Alex Craft, wears spelled jewelry. One is a ring that she uses to store magical energy because she has to have a store from which to work her magic, and the other is a charm bracelet where each charm has a magical purpose. (In the second book there's a running joke regarding one of her charms.)

I took both of these and worked my own magic with them. I made an enchanted bracelet to help me find a job, where each charm on the bracelet represented certain things (e.g. confidence, attracting luck, etc) and one charm was a significator charm that aligned the spell's energy to me. This worked, and I found a job after wearing the bracelet to my interview. Granted, the bracelet broke and I recently had to re-write the spell, but this spell started out in a book. My other enchanted jewelry was an obsidian pendant that I still have. Because we don't have to carry stores of magick around with us, this spell doesn't have as much practical use in the real world, but I still charged the pendant with energy. I accidentally let it out when I was in a book store and got a head rush from the energy, but again, it worked. I had a vessel to store the energy in.

So the point I'm trying to make is that while Hollywood is NOT a legit source of information regarding magick, etc, it IS possible to de-fictionalize certain spells and charms for real-world use.

Do not injustice to another, defend the weak and innocent. Let truth and honor always guide you, let courage find a life within. Stand up when no one else is willing, act not in hatred or in spite. Be to this world as a perfect knight, even if it means your life.

My Spirit Family: Star Faery, Gargoyle, Water Faery, Galactic Being
Arriving Soon: Copper Dragon, Green Dragon, Fylgia, Faery of Light, Loch Ness
RoseCityTarot
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Zephyr
Zodiac:

RoseCityTarot wrote:I definitely agree with OP's post, however I'd like to play devil's advocate for a quick second.

While you shouldn't believe in what Hollywood writes regarding magick, etc., it can be possible to de-fictionalize some of it. I'm reading Kalayna Price's Grave Witch series and some of the magic in the books definitely seems doable. The heroine in the book, Alex Craft, wears spelled jewelry. One is a ring that she uses to store magical energy because she has to have a store from which to work her magic, and the other is a charm bracelet where each charm has a magical purpose. (In the second book there's a running joke regarding one of her charms.)

I took both of these and worked my own magic with them. I made an enchanted bracelet to help me find a job, where each charm on the bracelet represented certain things (e.g. confidence, attracting luck, etc) and one charm was a significator charm that aligned the spell's energy to me. This worked, and I found a job after wearing the bracelet to my interview. Granted, the bracelet broke and I recently had to re-write the spell, but this spell started out in a book. My other enchanted jewelry was an obsidian pendant that I still have. Because we don't have to carry stores of magick around with us, this spell doesn't have as much practical use in the real world, but I still charged the pendant with energy. I accidentally let it out when I was in a book store and got a head rush from the energy, but again, it worked. I had a vessel to store the energy in.

So the point I'm trying to make is that while Hollywood is NOT a legit source of information regarding magick, etc, it IS possible to de-fictionalize certain spells and charms for real-world use.

Since I can't edit my post any longer, I just wanted to add that aside from the above I do agree with what Magnolia is saying, and that works of fiction should not be used as sources of factual information. I'm actually fine with Wikipedia though, but really as just a quick source of info and a jumping-off point for further research using other informational sources. When it comes to paranormal research, you really can't go wrong with history books and mythology!

Do not injustice to another, defend the weak and innocent. Let truth and honor always guide you, let courage find a life within. Stand up when no one else is willing, act not in hatred or in spite. Be to this world as a perfect knight, even if it means your life.

My Spirit Family: Star Faery, Gargoyle, Water Faery, Galactic Being
Arriving Soon: Copper Dragon, Green Dragon, Fylgia, Faery of Light, Loch Ness
seirus86
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Hi :)

Yea you shouldn't believe in this series ;)

But i must admit, i like to watch "Supernatural" 1a And sometimes i hope my angel isn't watching with me when another "Angel" get killed.... 1sa

Remove this account, thanks!! (no joke @ admins)
seirus86
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

That's exactly what im thinking about, i like the show "Supernatural" but since im not really good in communicating (right now) - i wonder how the feel about this because i don't think its real or entities/spirits behave like in this show.

With computer games for example i tried to avoid games/passages where this stereotypically entities show up (fallen angel, evil succubi, big boss dragons etc. that "need" to be killed). Its a pity, i really loved to play games like Diablo, Hack'n'Slay in general but to show respect i decided to stop this kind of games.

I wanted to get into the new WoW Addon but im not sure, i dont want to virtually slay entities...

On the other side there are games like "The Witcher" where you can decide to rescue/help the "evil" entities/spirits... its a really good game its not about white and black, its about grey and that most things are different then they first look like.

Remove this account, thanks!! (no joke @ admins)
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote: My Angels HATE Supernatural because of how they are depicted. I thought the movie Legion was bad, but they get even angrier about Supernatural. I actually had one of my Angels flat out say it was "repulsive" and "complete and utter disrespect to the Angelic races."
That's very interesting. The angels from Supernatural are actually the closest I've seen angels as I've known them all my life being portrayed. Not so much their powers and abilities or their role in the storyline, but their general feeling, ethics, way of thinking and attitude. When they started appearing on the show, I was like "now this was definitely written by someone who has worked with angels extensively!". (I'm talking about archangels, planetary angels, the shem etc, not my bound angels from CH. These are much different.)

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:
-arianna- wrote:
REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote: My Angels HATE Supernatural because of how they are depicted. I thought the movie Legion was bad, but they get even angrier about Supernatural. I actually had one of my Angels flat out say it was "repulsive" and "complete and utter disrespect to the Angelic races."
That's very interesting. The angels from Supernatural are actually the closest I've seen angels as I've known them all my life being portrayed. Not so much their powers and abilities or their role in the storyline, but their general feeling, ethics, way of thinking and attitude. When they started appearing on the show, I was like "now this was definitely written by someone who has worked with angels extensively!". (I'm talking about archangels, planetary angels, the shem etc, not my bound angels from CH. These are much different.)
I definitely think that it has to do with the angels we attract, to be honest. The Enochian Angels I am acquainted with are extremely disconnected from human emotions and understanding, but I have a guardian angel here who actually finds any form of separation between human and angel as disrespectful. He's extremely human in emotions and mannerisms, and sometimes I even mistake him for a human spirit when he is nearby. I think my Enochian friends just also don't like the cinematic feel of the show. I recall shopping for Enochian magick rings and sigils on Etsy some time ago, and each time I typed in "Enochian" and received nothing but quotes from Supernatural, my Enochian Angel friend F beside me would roll his eyes and start muttering disgruntled sentences to himself about how tacky and kitschy the human race is with its fascination of romanticized and dramatized TV shows about Angels in general.

And that's not saying ALL angels are like mine, lol. I know they all have differing opinions. Personally I just don't like the show because of how they demonized the Pagan God and Goddess in the Chrismas episode in the first season. XD
Ah, I see. Yeah, there are many different kinds of angels out there and not all people will attract or work with the same kinds. Btw, just in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't judging or anything, I honestly find it interesting that our experiences differ so much when it comes to angels.
I personally don't like Supernatural's depiction of demons. The show's demons are what I'd call sludge beings, and don't have much in common with the demons I've worked with.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8192
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Free
My magical/paranormal name...: parajimy maybe
Zodiac:

Where can I buy Superman's spirit and get his powers or another custom conjured kryptonite?

::included::

Actually no, I wanted to make a point how ridiculous it is for whoever does so 1sh

A male chatting with his succubus:
- You know, you are ridiculously attractive for a devil woman.
- I know, but thanks for saying so. Devil women have feelings too!
- Are you ... going to kill me?...
- Yes... but you'll enjoy it!
- ... ok!
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

My psy vamp "C" is into vampire diaries lol! He likes the show, especially Damon. He said that his life was much like Damon's in that he used to be much less caring but he has found his gentler side again recently. He thinks it's funny how volatile their tempers are, I guess because he sees them as very young still ( C is over 7400 years old and Stefen and Damon are around 160). I only watch the first few mins of supernatural and I just couldn't get into it so I gave up. I personally enjoy the Sookie stack house novels more than the show although Eric is pretty delish [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage

Return to “Messages & Updates”