You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Astra
Zodiac:

Some of these shows do utilize real symbolism and information from various sources and belief sets as well as certain symbols. However If one is not experienced or does not do the research then they should use common sense. However in any case there is a fine line between straight up fabrications and falsehoods and the truth. They use these shows strictly for entertainment in research used is strictly that research. Other than that I do completely agree with you. I see it often and have it makes me cringe.

WolfPup522
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I see this is an old post, but since I just joined, I'm SO glad to see your stance on it! A subculture of this seems to have grown in witchcraft, as well. I've seen in it groups I'm in and frankly, it's terrifying to me that someone would base their practice, even part of it, on a television show! I'm so glad I've found a group that doesn't cater to this foolishness.

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:We have to make a plea to everyone in the community, and it's a serious plea... STOP BELIEVING THE PLOT LINES OF HOLLYWOOD TV SHOWS as real, paranormal fact.

Shows like:

True Blood
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Sleepy Hollow
Lost Girl

It's television. It's written for television. It's not real! The storylines are fabrications for your enjoyment.

This is an alarming trend we've seen with new sellers and with collectors/buyers passing information between themselves.

These television shows are written to entertain you. They ARE NOT factual documentaries everyone. They have taken the very core of factual information and greatly distorted it in order to make what is centuries old fresh & new for a 21st generation audience.

It may be great entertainment, but it has NO PLACE in the Spirit Keeping community.

Please, dear god, stop believing what you see in scripted television shows as fact. I would never believe I would have to tell real Spirit Keepers this information, but between what I've seen in chat, and discussions about what new sellers are offering, there's real concern.

DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS HONEST & PURE IN THE REAL SPIRIT KEEPING COMMUNITY & CORRUPT IT WITH FAKE, HOLLYWOOD ENTERTAINMENT.

but demons and angels are real. if you say you hear the angels talking to you people will think you are crazy.

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

my dad knows some poeple who talks to god and they are spiritual... do you think those peopplel are crazy. like peoplee who comes to your for cleansing they kill birds and such..

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

like people who comes to your house* for cleansing..

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:We have to make a plea to everyone in the community, and it's a serious plea... STOP BELIEVING THE PLOT LINES OF HOLLYWOOD TV SHOWS as real, paranormal fact.

Shows like:

True Blood
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Sleepy Hollow
Lost Girl

It's television. It's written for television. It's not real! The storylines are fabrications for your enjoyment.

This is an alarming trend we've seen with new sellers and with collectors/buyers passing information between themselves.

These television shows are written to entertain you. They ARE NOT factual documentaries everyone. They have taken the very core of factual information and greatly distorted it in order to make what is centuries old fresh & new for a 21st generation audience.

It may be great entertainment, but it has NO PLACE in the Spirit Keeping community.

Please, dear god, stop believing what you see in scripted television shows as fact. I would never believe I would have to tell real Spirit Keepers this information, but between what I've seen in chat, and discussions about what new sellers are offering, there's real concern.

DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS HONEST & PURE IN THE REAL SPIRIT KEEPING COMMUNITY & CORRUPT IT WITH FAKE, HOLLYWOOD ENTERTAINMENT.
but angels and demons are real. if you say you hear the angels talking to you people will think you are crazy.. my dad knows some people who talks to god. would you think those people are crazy. what about people who comes to your house for cleansing. they kill birds and such for the cleansing ritual.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

No one is saying these beings are or are not real. What is being said is that while there are some elements of truth to these shows and other works, they are largely fiction. And because they are largely fiction, don't expect things to be as depicted.

For example, I recently finished through season 3 of Lucifer. It's a great show, but it's only a show.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:No one is saying these beings are or are not real. What is being said is that while there are some elements of truth to these shows and other works, they are largely fiction. And because they are largely fiction, don't expect things to be as depicted.

For example, I recently finished through season 3 of Lucifer. It's a great show, but it's only a show.

It’s best not to use the L-word just now.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you google around for magick-related discussion, you might find a thread on a Wicca-oriented forum where someone gripes that some newbies to witchcraft are expecting Harry Potter commands to happen in real life, a la “Why doesn’t my wand light up when I tell it ‘Lumos’?” I cant remember where I saw it, but I did see it.

So yeah, always bear in mind that entertainment sources (be they print or video) <> documentary-like information. Have fun watching and reading the fiction; then go do homework if you want to get involved with the real thing. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I write horror-fantasy in my spare time. Still working on my first book. I draw from a lot of sources, but I adapt the things from our reality to create my own reality. There may be parallels and certainly references to very real things (such as spirits and the spirt realm), but my definition of those things and how they work for the purpose of the story is fabricated and generally not the same as reality.

TV/movies/books/comics all draw from reality and then make it into something it's not. That's why it is FICTION:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fiction ... ss&ie=&oe=

def. literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people.
also - invention or fabrication as opposed to fact.

So to answer your question, yes vampires and angels are real. But, no, not like depicted in TV or movies.

I would also report your comments about being Lucifer since you are cross-posting your argument into other threads. Again.

And Chat.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Messages & Updates”