Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

We have to make a plea to everyone in the community, and it's a serious plea... STOP BELIEVING THE PLOT LINES OF HOLLYWOOD TV SHOWS as real, paranormal fact.

Shows like:

True Blood
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Sleepy Hollow
Lost Girl

It's television. It's written for television. It's not real! The storylines are fabrications for your enjoyment.

This is an alarming trend we've seen with new sellers and with collectors/buyers passing information between themselves.

These television shows are written to entertain you. They ARE NOT factual documentaries everyone. They have taken the very core of factual information and greatly distorted it in order to make what is centuries old fresh & new for a 21st generation audience.

It may be great entertainment, but it has NO PLACE in the Spirit Keeping community.

Please, dear god, stop believing what you see in scripted television shows as fact. I would never believe I would have to tell real Spirit Keepers this information, but between what I've seen in chat, and discussions about what new sellers are offering, there's real concern.

DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS HONEST & PURE IN THE REAL SPIRIT KEEPING COMMUNITY & CORRUPT IT WITH FAKE, HOLLYWOOD ENTERTAINMENT.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Great post Magnolia!

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
ZigiziX
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Great post somone neded to say that but i realy liked Lost girl :D

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Absolutely!!! But I am keeping them as my eye candy... :U 8;D

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Angel Marie
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

I couldn't agree more with this post. Even in books, I saw this male Carpathian True Mate vampire faze that came from Christine Feehan books. The idea of it is nice yes, I get it there is also some truth behind the storyline but for crying out loud talk about romanticizing the vampire race. Some of them are very loving and handsome, I have 3 of them but they are nothing like you see on tv or read in books. Always read seller reviews and only adopt from a trusted source and I can state that there aren't as many as there seems.

"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

All kidding aside, YES, don't use any TV shows or movies as research resources. They play fast-and-loose with the actual legends and information, for entertainment purposes.

It would be ironic and SAD if the makers of TV shows and movies did MORE research into the legends (so they could loosely base their plot lines on them) than the people who actually want pure, unadulterated information about spirits or magick.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Thanks for creating an awareness around this, Magnolia. I do not watch any of these TV shows, but it is still good to know in case I'd want to some day.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Now an "add-on" series of statements from " Après avoir écouté le "poli", écouter "grincheux"! translated as "Now that you have heard from the "Polite One", now you will hear from "the grumpy one"! LOL

LISTEN TO MAGS' WORDS AND PRACTICE THE IMPLIED WORK OF IGNORING THIS,

the 3rd Grade Mystical Drivel. What are these A$$e$ doing "Out There, In Money Land?" and their response is, we to sell "Porduct" (they should use the correct english which is "Products"...its plural, ya know.)

"So look guys, violence stirs the attention into a small but important lack of personal focus, violent woment with big "tIts and black leather" stir up the issues of the having an incestuous mother, who, shazam, is also a dominatrix (that will show those 9th grade soccer buddies!!!). and since the society social group of political elders, whose only wish is money, and we can throw them into that anger-frustration pit of killing electronic monster dreams, and winning actual numbers doing it, and thus we have placated daddy in daddy's mind, while we are having fun with women who drink blood, and entice with imaginary invisible whips, then now its time to punish the women first - as upptiy women must always be punished, and after all its only entertainment.....and once more we push the kiddies away from real knowledge so the government can control them their way and we can soak them for cash.

Just keep them away from the real think, oh that's a "feudian slip", buts its true, we keep them away from both the worlds of think for yourself and don't search out the truth, and there won't be any riots in the streets like there were in the 1911s and 1960s. We got those kiddies where we want them, and thus we put the squeeze on both them and mom and pop...What do you think, BJ?"

"Well, I agree completely, Snide...but to add to the mix, we have to add confusion and contradiction, kinda like salt & pepper on a steak, the disenfranchised kiddies and those moms and pops that listen to public radio, are definitely the target, now. Things have changed since the glorious late '60s when we turned the rock n' roll world in the rock n' roll prison! So, this time we kill 2 birds with one stone....we shut down the creativity that is dangerous to our current positions, by rewiring their own precious and self-interesting thoughts, turn 'em into sheep, and bring in the cash. This could last 10 years or more. It will be too late for them to undertsand that by throwing sex, sado-masochism, and fack reasons for historical death.....the real advancing world doesn't have a chance! Hey Frank, are you asleep on this?"

"No BJ, I was just thinking back to the good old days, when all our agencies banded together, and had Coca Cola steal the color red from our sunrise. Boy, those were the days!"

"Yup".

WITH A BIG HUGH TIP OF THE HAT TO BILL BURROUGHS, and knowingly copying his style - (WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS, la légion d'honneur, author of Cities of the Red Night; The Nova Express)

As the late, great Adam Clayton Powell, Jr, once said: "It is definitely not right to say or think "Burn BAby Burn" as you are only killing your own lives in doing so, it should be 'Learn, Baby, Learn, and create your own peace & freedom." I remember hearing this when I was standing about 1/2 block away, and he had a bullhorn that he used to be heard.

Caiyyros Arlen

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

A wonderful post Mags. I have nothing to add. I for one love some of these shows but it's imperative to realise this isn't reality.
I really appreciate this post and hope others appreciate its sentiments.

Return to “Messages & Updates”