Would having sexy time with a spirit be considered cheating?

Tragic
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I know there are people on the forum who are in long term relationships and don't mind this. I think it's a controversial subject. If my girlfriend was spirit keeping and she had sexual relations with a spirit I wouldn't be okay with that at all, I'd consider it cheating. I mean, how is that any different than doing that with a person?

Convert this into dubstep, play once, then again with synchronized double chugs, then again but instead of the ending 4 convert this chord into dubstep, chug and sync with guitar.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

It is different than cheating largely because there is no physical interaction, it's like fantasizing while having some alone time.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It's a good question. I think the same way you do, which means that for ME, as a married woman, I have decided that I will be a platonic keeper.

Other people can think differently, or other people's physical relationships with their partners might have different parameters. What works for other people in their relationships is fine. :) But in my case, I couldn't do anything that would make me feel like I was cheating on my spouse. So one of my requirements is that spirits and/or servitors connect to me in a platonic fashion.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

fire083 wrote:It is different than cheating largely because there is no physical interaction, it's like fantasizing while having some alone time.
I agree. :)

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Tragic wrote:I know there are people on the forum who are in long term relationships and don't mind this. I think it's a controversial subject. If my girlfriend was spirit keeping and she had sexual relations with a spirit I wouldn't be okay with that at all, I'd consider it cheating. I mean, how is that any different than doing that with a person?
You have to ask yourself this, what does cheating mean? Many people fear cheating because in their mind it could mean she will leave you for someone else, forget you, thus leaving you abandoned and loveless or betray some spiritual ideology like you believe you were meant to be with her till eternity and the after life.

The reality is, she isn't going to leave you for spirit. If you were going to part ways it's because you guys didn't get along, or she didn't feel enough love in the relationship regardless of how much you claim to loved her. We are all particular to how we like love to be expressed. Sex isn't always love. If it was we'd be in love with our hands and vibrators...lol.

A relationship is more than just sex, it's sharing things like time, emotions, finances, activities, values and conversation. Chances are she doesn't have REAL conversations with her spirit, rather just passing thought. Granted this means zero disagreements which is probably the source of many relationship's demise. But regardless, a spiritual relationship is on another realm. When you part from your body, you will be aroused because that's who we are as pure energy. If you meet someone in the astral, it is very difficult to not want to "exchange energy"...and this is coming from the world's most pickiest prude.

So how can a person be cheating if the astral is often described "like a dream". Is she cheating on you if she's dreaming of having sex with someone else? I think not. What matters is in your waking hours you still care and want to nurture each other. What's she wants to do in the astral or her dreams or believe under an enchantment is her private space no one should be judging or get jealous over.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

I think it largely depends on the keeper. It depends on their skills and beliefs. If someone is advanced enough where it is much more than being a wet dream, then it falls to how they perceive cheating. If they are not, it is much easier to write it off, I suppose.

I personally could not. I am all for fantasies, but I am not of the mindset that spirit keeping is a fantasy... so to me, it would be very real, and very much a violation of faithfulness (on my end). I am unsure if how much it would bother me if a significant other did it... but I do not think I could even go there, as my brain is not wired like that.

Now there are people who are able to have open relationships, in that case, I think it is an excellent way to experiment! But truth be told, best thing for any relationship is to sit down and talk about what you are and are not comfortable with.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Kahlal
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Shifters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Kahlal

As much as I would like to, the one time a spirit came onto me that way, I flipped out. Kinda like Gryphonista said, Spirit Keeping is real and important to me and if I wanted to be sexual with a spirit it would mean I loved them...and I'm a one on one relationship kinda person, so I wouldn't be able to do that if I was with someone. If I ever decided I loved a spirit more than my partner...call it odd or dumb, but I would probably leave them for the spirit/entity.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I don't think sexually interacting with a spirit or incorporeal entity is just 'fantasizing', fantasizing is when no component of the interaction is considered real. I should think anyone spirit keeping finds these interactions to be more, mean more than just their imagination. A paranormal minded person does not separate corporeal and incorporeal as 'real and not so real' aspects of their lives.
If you consider your experiences with a spirit or entity to be real, and if they are actually stimulating you, then it's happening. You are engaging in a sexual moment with an entity other than your partner.

However the degree of influence, and intent, can vary depending on the nature of the spirit and what it consisted of. If you feel your spirit or entity on you, in you, interacting with your body, however, that is pretty straight forward. That is what it is.

Now, as far as if it is considered cheating, that is up to the individual to determine based on how they regard incorporeal relationships vs physical ones. (And the incorporeal can impact the physical as well, that is after all the result). More than likely you would want to discuss it with your partner.
If you consider it a private, personal part of your spirituality that's different - though keep in mind if your partner ever found out, they may not share that view.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Personally, I think a better question would be: How do you feel monogamy holds up in terms of sexual relations? Ie. You may only love one person and have one spouse, but sleep with many people.
If someone believes in it completely, then it's unlikely they'd have any sort of sexual interactions with anyone other then their partner, otherwise, it's likely just excuses we tell ourselves.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

If I ever decided I loved a spirit more than my partner...call it odd or dumb, but I would probably leave them for the spirit/entity.
But you've never had a true interaction, so while you think you might do something, you also may not. First of all, right now you don't know what you are giving up. If it ends in a spiritual marriage, you may have to look for your sexual needs elsewhere as it often ends the sexual component for the love and power component.

I will say in the beginning it is a very powerful experience leading to people to realize consciousness can exist without a body. Consciousness can interact with other consciousness without a body. And while it really exist, it exists on another frequency. One which is possible to tune in and out from (depending on skill of course).

To leave a person for a spirit, is simply an excuse to not be in that particular relationship. But it isn't the true source of the problem. If all things are equal it's not so easy to let one good feeling go for another. Because you would be essentially hurting a very real/physical person who exists in this world for a short time who doesn't know there is more to the world than your relationship, for a semi real person who may exist forever and because of that have unlimited relationships where you are just an experience in time. How do you know your spirit isn't involved with other affairs? You don't. Whether we label it cheating or not, energy often travels to places it feels good in. And the most blissful energy is the sexual energy. Because we are not bound by a body, rule or structure, it is hard to pin down rules.

If my man had sexual spirits I'd totally be ok with it, as long as the sexual spirit wasn't hating on me and he wasn't appearing delusional. However, the same rules doesn't not apply with other physical women. Because truthfully there is an ego involved and because she is physical, there is something you can see to compare. Not to mention the games people play to control another. Like so and so does this, why don't you do it too. Ugg. Being upset over cheating or having to share with a physical person makes sense. Being upset over a person that can't quite be seen is a waste of time.
If you consider it a private, personal part of your spirituality that's different - though keep in mind if your partner ever found out, they may not share that view.
Yes, they may not even believe in spirit keeping all together. Which means to them you are totally not cheating. LOL.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Spirit Keeping”