Using Water to achieve complete relaxation

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Fenrir_Shadowfang
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

I was having a bath yesterday evening in an oversized whirlpool tub and I came to a realization by pure accident. A huge part of meditation is relaxing all of your muscles. In the water, all of your limbs become almost weightless and thus relaxing your limbs becomes a lot easier which allows you to focus more on the other parts of the meditation. This could also be done in a hot-tub as warm water also relaxes any and all tension in your muscles.

It made something that was difficult for me extremely easy, so I felt I'd mention it. I apologize if it's already been brought up.

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.
EGOTIST
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Fenrir_Shadowfang wrote:I was having a bath yesterday evening in an oversized whirlpool tub and I came to a realization by pure accident. A huge part of meditation is relaxing all of your muscles. In the water, all of your limbs become almost weightless and thus relaxing your limbs becomes a lot easier which allows you to focus more on the other parts of the meditation. This could also be done in a hot-tub as warm water also relaxes any and all tension in your muscles.

It made something that was difficult for me extremely easy, so I felt I'd mention it. I apologize if it's already been brought up.
No need to apologize. Whatever ideas you contribute can help another person who is unsure of what they're doing.

I also find that water is extremely relaxing, and whenever I need to calm down, I wash my hands and listen to the sound of the water flowing down, or get a small bowl of water, and just play around with it with my hands.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Water is an amazing tool for inducing meditative relaxation.
I usually take several 3-day mini-vacations each year to a secluded cabin in the Tennessee mountains. The cabin has a hot tub, and is situated between 2 mountain creeks that cascade over rocks.

1) The hot tub is great for relaxing the muscles and calming the mind. The heat and the sound of the water jets are very conducive to moving into a meditative state. I just have to be careful, while in the hot tub, that I don't get so relaxed that I risk falling asleep and drowning.
:U

2) There is a small cascade (waterfall) on one of the streams. I can sit near it, shut my eyes and the soothing sound of the water moving over the rocks, along with the other sounds of nature, easily lull me into a calmness that makes meditation easy.

If I'm at home, I often listen to an mp3 file of flowing water or falling rain.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I have created two different meditation audio files. One has a background sound of rain falling; the other one has a background sound of the ocean. So I am all about water as a relaxation source and as a power source.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I fall asleep too easily when I am near a waterfall. The relaxation it induces is why it is termed white noise.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

It is possible those sensory deprivation tanks don't cost as much now as they used to. Warm, salty water at body temperature so that after a time your muscles relax and you don't feel where your body ends and the water begins. It is dark and sound doesn't get in.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:It is possible those sensory deprivation tanks don't cost as much now as they used to. Warm, salty water at body temperature so that after a time your muscles relax and you don't feel where your body ends and the water begins. It is dark and sound doesn't get in.
I would get so relaxed, I would drown in one.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've noticed that I get meditative every time I take a shower. I also get strong flash visions, where I close my eyes and see something, normally related to the current topic in my thoughts. I normally hate baths, but I suppose it'd be worth a try. :U

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

A client of mine actually have gone to the sensory deprivation tanks & they said it was helpful
I'm not to trusting about other people 'locking me in a tank of water' so it wouldn't be my thing lol
But for some people it helps

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.

Return to “Meditation”