Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of Them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Merfolk
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Cayden
Zodiac:

Some people have suggested that character bindings aren't thought forms or servitors but real entities existing somewhere in the worlds.

You live in a world that has no place for someone like me. You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Untamed and unafraid~
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Yes, sorry, you are both right, TigerBlazeNathi and Cayden. I don't know how I could forget the difference between a thoughform and living character. And yes, there would be a huge difference in interacting with a character binding and a thoughtform. I guess I lost the sight over things after some time, mixing up these two terms together. Thank you for bringing me back right on track! :)

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:Yes, sorry, you are both right, BlazeTigerNahti and Cayden. )
And I am sorry about writing your screen name wrong in my previous post, BlazeTigerNahti.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

BlazeTigerNahti wrote: No one said you can't find the realms and the 'people' you want all on your own, but then again you don't NEED anyone to bind Archangels or Immortals either, but is it maybe smarter to have a pro do what they do best just in case you don't know how to Vet the entity and check if you have the real deal or a trickster? That's why I go to Pros
I disagree with this or certainly the way in which you've placed it. I don't think it's 'smarter' to have someone else do this. There are no bumps but being prepared energetically, and you can be unprepared even when someone else channels an immortal for you. It is a personal task and there is no way around that.
Speaking about immortal beings is very different than speaking of living or spirit entities, but preparation applies in all of these situations.

You cannot rely on someone else to make you ready for dealing with an immortal, and limiting your connection to just safe bits and pieces of said immortal is something I find absolutely contrary to the point - not that it isn't a common practice.

It is only a matter of if you want to put in the effort to form a connection or if you would rather pay someone else to speed that up a bit and fill in the gaps. It is a luxury service and should be recognized as such.

It cannot possibly be wiser for someone else to connect to a god or immortal for you. This whole binding thing has not been the go-to forever, people have been devoting themselves and connecting on their own terms to immortals for centuries! Much like with prayer. You don't need to pay someone to pray to a god for you, you can do it yourself.
Depending on the depth in which you wish to connect to them there is a potential for more intense or unnerving experiences and so, a general necessity to understand what you are dealing with - but I think if you're serious about dealing with gods on a more intimate level then you will be naturally wise to this. You will also take any and all encounters along the way as a learning experience, and most often a learning experience bestowed upon you by that very god.
Relying on someone else, or to say someone else is a 'pro' at dealing with immortals is not quite right. To that point it is a matter of knowledge.

Obviously I have offered my skill of channeling godforms, which I believe is different actually than what I have seen others discussing here or having offered in the past. But I see it exactly in this way.
I wouldn't mind guiding anyone on how they can form their own connections either, if they are interested. There are a lot of incredible and cool techniques, some really quite simple.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oops, perhaps a mod can delete my previous post?

I have tried to edit as I had important things to add and to clarify, but it wouldn't allow me so here's the fix -

Noctifera wrote:
BlazeTigerNahti wrote: No one said you can't find the realms and the 'people' you want all on your own, but then again you don't NEED anyone to bind Archangels or Immortals either, but is it maybe smarter to have a pro do what they do best just in case you don't know how to Vet the entity and check if you have the real deal or a trickster? That's why I go to Pros
I disagree with this or certainly the way in which you've placed it. I don't think it's 'smarter' to have someone else do this. There are no bumps but being prepared energetically, and you can be unprepared even when someone else channels an immortal for you. It is a personal task and there is no way around that.
Speaking about immortal beings is very different than speaking of living or spirit entities, but preparation applies in all of these situations.

You cannot rely on someone else to make you ready for dealing with an immortal, and limiting your connection to just safe bits and pieces of said immortal is something I find absolutely contrary to the point - not that it isn't a common practice.

On top of that how do you know someone is a 'pro' and is giving you what you ask for or has the appropriate skill, or even ideology to provide this? I am not about to trust just anyone who says they can. Very few have the knowledge or experience to back up what they claim to provide. Not simply saying they can't provide anything, but rather can they offer what I uniquely seek, is the question as well.
That is quite another animal, but I would like to say we should not 'rely' on anyone to take care of us.

What it then comes down to is only a matter of if you want to put in the effort to form a connection or if you would rather pay someone else to speed that up, energize it and/or fill in the gaps. It is a luxury service and should be recognized as such.
Some find that ideal - at times it definitely is and it can even add a boost to a connection you have already formed. So there is nothing wrong with it, but I would not mislead someone into thinking it is dangerous for them to attempt without.

This whole binding thing has not been the go-to forever, people have been devoting themselves and connecting on their own terms to immortals for centuries! Today, and since the beginning of time. Much like with prayer. You don't need to pay someone to pray to a god for you, you can do it yourself.
Depending on the depth in which you wish to connect to them there is a potential for more intense or unnerving experiences and so, a general necessity to understand what you are dealing with - but I think if you're serious about dealing with gods on a more intimate level then you will be naturally wise to this. You will also take any and all encounters along the way as a learning experience, and most often a learning experience bestowed upon you by that very god.
Relying on someone else, or to say someone else is a 'pro' at dealing with immortals is not quite right. To that point it is a matter of knowledge.

Obviously I have offered my skill of channeling immortals and in some ways I know only I can uniquely provide, along with godforms which I believe are different actually than what I have seen others discussing here. But I see it all exactly in this way.
I wouldn't mind guiding anyone on how they can form their own connections either, if they are interested. There are a lot of incredible and cool techniques, some really quite simple.

BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

The Fact you disagree with me oddly enough does not shock me
You did however take what I said out of context
I said that ANYONE can do everything themselves, and without anyone else, but that doesn't mean that it is always wise to do so
Most people these days don't put in time and effort for almost anything, and some things like conjuring are DANGEROUS to the untrained/skilled
There ARE entities who like to trick and lie to people, and without the training to see through the lies and glamors a new conjurer can accidentally bind a very dark and evil entity to themselves and others. Saying there are no dangers is far from the truth in my opinion

And even with different immortals. people can hear a tiny bit about an immortal and want to get to know them before doing any real research about them to find out if they REALLY do want to have that immortal in their life
If that isn't the meaning of unwise, then what is?
Also if you read my post when I mentioned Immortals it was as an example

As for what a 'pro' is......
*Sigh* I can't believe I actually have to post this but here we go
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professional
Full Definition of PROFESSIONAL
a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession
b : engaged in one of the learned professions
c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace
a : participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs <a professional golfer>
b : having a particular profession as a permanent career <a professional soldier>
c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return <professional football>
: following a line of conduct as though it were a profession <a professional patriot>
In the meaning of how I put the word 'Pro' was as in Professional, this means people like Mags & Ashe. Kelis and a few other people I would actually trust with something important like conjuring and binding

Again, can you do it all on your own? I said yes. You can even scroll up and read that I did
Is it always wise for someone who has never conjured or gotten any training to 'Wing it' to do a real Character Binding (or any Bindings at all really) when they have no idea how to find the realm they want, let alone make sure if they are in fact in the right place if they do find it, and that's not even mentioning how to make sure the spirit/entity they are talking to is who they say they are!
There are dangers. Thinking you have Shrek from the movie and you bind something like a BA monster to yourself is a DANGER, saying otherwise is naive or misleading

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:
Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:Yes, sorry, you are both right, BlazeTigerNahti and Cayden. )
And I am sorry about writing your screen name wrong in my previous post, BlazeTigerNahti.
Lol that's no problem at all 7\
And there's no need to be sorry either.
It's part of the 'fun' of being human, we can forget things once in a while lol

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

BlazeTigerNahti wrote:
Szythaxouarya-orna wrote:
Lol that's no problem at all 7\
And there's no need to be sorry either.
It's part of the 'fun' of being human, we can forget things once in a while lol
Yes, that is true. We do slip and make mistakes, that is just a part of existence being humans. :)

FireMonkey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17

Good conversation here...I just heard about character bindings recently and was trying to figure out what they were. I wasn't sure if they were thoughtforms, entities/spirits, or servitors (even sent a message to Kelestrian/Darklordmidnight through his webpage about this a couple of days ago before I saw this thread, still waiting for response). Still a little confused as where they fall in, but I'm guessing from different people's opinions on them that they are in a category of their own.

Kaelea Majere
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sensual spirits
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaelea
Zodiac:

I just ordered a character binding this afternoon; two in fact. Because of the bogo I wound up getting what would have been my backup as well, so then I had to come up with another backup, but that is so great :D I still remembered how floored I was when I found the listing, and I've been waiting for just the right moment to jump on it. The main one is an obscure game character that's held a very special place with me for many years now, and I'm going absolutely crazy thinking about how I might get to finally meet him (I do hope he can be found out there!). He's always felt very real to me in some magical, inexplicable way.

I write fiction for fun in my free time, and every once and awhile I'll create a character that's just so...there, and they flow so freely and fluidly that I really do wonder where the idea came from. So it makes sense to me that in all of the dimensions, in all of the universe, that these people might exist, and the creative individuals of the world are just conduits for picking up their energy. I mean, who knows, one of us might be someone's creation in their world :) I can't really put into words why character binding makes sense to me, but it does.

Anyhow, I'm really, really excited about this, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they both come through, but especially the first one. I can't even begin to express how overwhelming this is for me without sounding completely crackers. And of course I'll be sure to review, and update on whatever I get, even if it might be a little while before I can share any real experiences.

This has been an interesting thread to read, and very informative :) I look forward to reading more, and would really like to hear more experiences with character bindings.

Dark Arts: sanguine vampire, Carpathian vampire entity, psy vampire (2), faun, incubus, human entity (2), dream catcher, Gregori watcher (2), daemon, Apollo, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Eros, Morpheus, Balder

White Arts: merman, nympho (3), divine angel, bronwyn angel, baby silver dragon, itla dragon, hippogriff, high elf

Return to “Spirit Keeping”