Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Luke Ruehlman is a healthy 5-year-old boy. Still, he's already had a lifetime of experiences -- he has even died!

At least, that's what he claims. In a bizarre series of TV interviews, Ruehlman has managed to convince at least a few people that he lived a past life as Pam Robinson, an African-American Chicago woman who died in a fire at the Paxton Hotel in 1993.

Ruehlman started weirding out his stay-at-home mom, Erika, at the age of 2, when he started talking about a mystery woman named Pam. Later, she would ask him directly who the heck Pam was.

"He turned to me and said, 'Well, I was,'" she told Fox 8 (video above). "[He said] 'Well, I used to be, but I died and I went up to heaven. I saw God and then eventually, God pushed me back down and I was a baby and you named me Luke.'"

Pam Robinson died in her 30s in a Chicago hotel fire.

Ruehlman also reportedly said he traveled by train in Chicago. The Cincinnati family didn't know anyone named Pam, and Luke had never been to the Windy City. His mom was baffled. She investigated further and found Pam Robinson, who was one of 19 people who died in a 1993 hotel fire.

Robinson's family declined to comment on the story.

The boy's odd ability to remember places he's never been is intriguing, to be sure. If this sounds amazing, it's not that unusual on the show that revealed this story, Lifetime's "Ghost Inside My Child" -- and the last time we checked up on one of the show's reports, it was a mess.

In an episode just a few months ago, a Virginia family's reincarnation story drew skepticism almost immediately after it aired.

Andrew Lucas, 4, of Virginia Beach, claimed he was a reincarnated Marine, and his stories seemed to match up with the death of a U.S. Marine who reportedly died in a bombing in Beirut, in 1983.

But facts have a habit of getting in the way of good stories. Not only could show producers not find the family of the dead Marine -- leaving questions about the Marine's very existence on the table -- but a reporter who interviewed Lucas' family told HuffPost Weird News that producers helped Lucas' mom make the whole thing up. Publicists have denied that tidbit, as publicists would.

Do inconsistencies on the show pull a rug out from under Ruehlman's story? Not so fast, Erika told Fox 8 -- this story needs to be told.

"It's a positive one," she said. "One of unification."

Then Luke's grandma told Fox 8 that Lifetime didn't pay them anything to do the episode.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/2 ... 15128.html

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I love reading stories like this!!!! You know there are quite a few stories out there about humans remembering their past lives!!! Not all of them are fake, as there have been quite a few of them that have proven that they indeed lived those pass lives that they remembered!!!! 7\

How many here remember any of their pass lives?

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I don't remember any past lives. But I also haven't delved into the idea at all. I figure that'd be like trying to go back to, say, a math lesson in first grade. I do not remember the exact moment, the precise teachable moment, where I understood that 1+1=2. But I understand the Actual Concept behind the lesson, and that's the more important thing.

If I were to engross myself in reading first-grade textbooks and sitting in on first-grade classes, all I'd be doing is revisiting things I've already learned... when I should be using that time to learn NEW things that I need to learn.

I feel like if I got too engrossed in researching my past lives, and whether/when/where they happened, I would be falling into the same kind of trap. Whatever I may have learned from the past, the goal was to internalize the lessons and move forward, not to get stuck on the lessons themselves. I have to keep moving forward and learn the NEW lessons that I'm here in this life, this place, and this time to learn.

But when there are stories that cannot be explained away by fraud or mundane things, where children are remembering things and recognizing people that they have no reason to recall or recognize, then I'm fascinated to learn more about it.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. This is one of those things you have to look at from multiple angles.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Since I was a baby I had phobias of mechanics. Even if I saw a little toy robot or 'fancier' toy car I'd freak out and told my mom that they killed me. I only ended up being able to get over my phobia by being walked, every week, down the mechanical toys aisle in Toys R Us. She always believed that I must have died in a previous life after working as a mechanic on some project. I don't know whether or not it's true, but it's interesting, none the less!

I believe a lot of the publicized reincarnation cases can be faked for the media coverage and dollars that come with fame... but it does exist! I think many of us never think/deal with our past lives just because they don't need to be 'presently' relevant to our current lives. Our past lives build up to the current, but the knowledge of those lives already lived just stay in our subconscious since we don't need to actively use our memories of them. Sometimes they do come to light for people who do work with spirits and such, though.

Lately I've been having a bunch of dreams and callings and seeing spirits pop up regarding a particular time period and culture and it's making me wonder about past lives I might have lived. But I still can't get a clear answer out of anybody... hmmmm. %)

LilyViolet
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

very interesting!

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

A lot of people believe that:

1. you cannot remember your past lives:

2. you cannot learn from past lives:

3. you cannot incorporate these memories into your present life:

4. You cannot "build yourself" with them into the present and future through conscious absorbtion, and "some meditation on it.

A deceased friend of mine (Riley Russell Ballard)and I met in high school, and had so much in common that while working on projects and hanging out together, we began to have visions of our past lives together, and instead of running away from it, began to explore this phenomena that we were both re-experiencing our previous life of knowing each other, and then, after this random vision and that random vision, we began to experience x, y, or z either alone or together, and then later find that we were experiencing the past (in real time and real life) what either one of us or both of us - again in the present. The talents we had before (in previous lives) suddenly blossomed into the real world of "Now". We were writing stuff life making popcorn, people were reading it, and publishing it in little magazines, we took over the schools creative writing magazine, and piece-by-piece, we learned our names, and we were shocked, virtually numbed and he had been Paul Verlaine And I had been Arthur Rimbaud, and yes a lot of the bad traits came up: I was incredibly tempermental, he was laid back, he wrote faster than me, and was more musical, I wrote slowly, and was more modern. And then the real shocker, was : I went alone to a "Beat Party", and Jacqueline Susann came up to me grabbed my arm, we sat together on a couch, and the first words out of her mouth were: "From the way you look and act, you must be the Philadelphia Rimbaud"...It shocked me for a minute as now all my visions were the truth of my past. He died young - I am still here - the surivor-ability had switched.

Since then I have found other incarnations. One was in the 1600s, when I was a roof thatcher and died from a fall. He was a very sweet guy, and "L.D. + Learning Deficient.......

And so it goes....

I believe that these types of personal investigations of "The Now Self" are very positive, no matter what you find. There is Sorrow, Success, Craziness, Happiness, The Sombre, and Joy, and whatever, whoever, we are, it does make us better.

Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 122
Spelled Number: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I have become
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Primarch
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. This is one of those things you have to look at from multiple angles.
I believe the same, but in all honesty, I don't think that I'd "want" to come back, but I don't know if it's a choice or not sort of thing.

What do people believe would be the reason for coming back and starting all over again? I mean, I could understand it if we all remembered all of our past lives and could basically just keep expanding and growing, but you basically start back over from scratch and very few people actually remember even the slightest bits, so maybe I'm failing to see a legitimate reason for this to occur. What are "your" theories on it?

Okay, I'm going to give up trying to list them. Too many to properly list. Maybe I'll try more generically:

11 Angels | 15 Creatures | 4 Tower Watchers | 8 Lares | 2 Succubus | 4 Unicorns | 6 Dragons | 48 Fae | 8 Gargoyles | 1 Loa | 4 Nymphos | 6 Sprites | 1 Vampire | 4 Werewolves
Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

I think that it could be just a flaw in the way the physical human brain works. When reincarnated we have to redevelop a brain which lacks all the memories you've had in a previous life. But that doesn't always explain why sometimes people can remember their pasts lives, maybe its so strongly imbedded in that person's individuality or stood out as an important life to remember? Who knows. Not sure I believe we're forced to forget anything, just how it works in the transition. I'd like to think that in the spirit world there is a lot slower self growth, and living a life as an entity or physically is a bit more of a jagged experience with a faster result. Anyway, that's just one theory.

I do know that I've had a freakish fear of fire since I was little. Put a spider on me, stick me on a plane, let me sleep in the dark, but nothing seemed to scare me except the thought that the house could potentially burn down. Funny fear to have when all the little kids are scared of their closets or under their beds at night. lol Not positive this was a trait carried on from a previous life though.
Just seeing this now, but Interesting post!

Return to “Magnolia”