Meditation Help, Please.

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Ryce
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hello there,

I searched the forum and I dont think there is a topic about this. Well I have a particular problem with meditation. It seems that every time I let go and relax, Im doing the visualizations, and then I fall asleep. Its not a deep sleep as I wake up when my head bobs down, but its shocking and really disturbs the vibe I am trying to set. I also feel bad because Im trying to communicate with my spirits and meditate with them only to fall asleep. Im sure they are forgiving, but it is frustrating for me.

Does anyone have some advice for me?

Thanks!

"Living in the Ruins of a Palace within my Dreams" - Lorde

In Your Blood- Vampire, Elf, Dwarf
Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

Are you meditating when you're tired? Meditation before bed can be a battle to stay aware. I would suggest meditating in the morning when you are refreshed this may help with staying awake.
if you become drowsy regardless, then I would recommend walking meditation. You can do this hyper slow with attention on the foot moving up and being placed down again. It can help a lot with concentration and can be done in a relatively small area, or you can try a normal walking pace outside in nature. You won't fall asleep whilst doing this.

cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Ryce wrote:Hello there,

I searched the forum and I dont think there is a topic about this. Well I have a particular problem with meditation. It seems that every time I let go and relax, Im doing the visualizations, and then I fall asleep. Its not a deep sleep as I wake up when my head bobs down, but its shocking and really disturbs the vibe I am trying to set. I also feel bad because Im trying to communicate with my spirits and meditate with them only to fall asleep. Im sure they are forgiving, but it is frustrating for me.

Thanks!
Rice, there are many different types of meditation techniques. Maybe you need to keep looking until you find the one that suit your needs. If you want, you can take a look at the following website with a wealth of free information about different meditations, you can try as many as you desire until you find the one that makes you feel accomplished. Here is the link:
http://anmolmehta.com/blog/2007/11/18/f ... es-e-book/

Also, I will advise as to not be frustrated or to just give up on the sleeping part. Many times wonderful adventures happen during our sleep, what will be great is if you could recall the dreams (if any), you will be surprise of how many hidden messages those dreams can reveal.
Good luck in your progress! 1s

Ryce
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hey there,

Thank you so much for your reply. I do have the habit of trying to meditate before bed. It was something recommended for me to help me sleep, as I had sleep problems. Though even when I do it in the day, like the middle of the afternoon, I find myself dozing off.

A walking meditation is some awesome advice that I didnt think of. I tried that scribble method, to see if that would help me keep focus and not fall asleep. I woke up, pencil dropped XD it was humorous. I am so used to sitting down or laying down and visualizing things, is it much different with a walking meditation?

CNZ:

Thank you so much for the link! I will look through it :)

And my dreams are weird. As a teen I had a dream journal, but that kind of faded to the wayside. I just never felt that they held much. I am trying to get back to everything, and spirit keeping is really helping me. I just would love to be able to enter a state where I can clearly communicate with the spirits. I know that it will take time and practice.

"Living in the Ruins of a Palace within my Dreams" - Lorde

In Your Blood- Vampire, Elf, Dwarf
cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Ryce wrote: CNZ:

Thank you so much for the link! I will look through it :)

And my dreams are weird. As a teen I had a dream journal, but that kind of faded to the wayside. I just never felt that they held much. I am trying to get back to everything, and spirit keeping is really helping me. I just would love to be able to enter a state where I can clearly communicate with the spirits. I know that it will take time and practice.
No problem, you are welcome! :)
Yes, time and patience are so much needed for the progress to happen. Please don't rush it if you really want to achieve it and at the end it will be all worth it! You will see!
Have fun with your journey! :)

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

I found this site which gives a good intro to walking meditation:

http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/ ... editation/

I find it a good way of generating energy if you feel drowsy. Try it and tell us how you get on.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Ryce wrote:Hello there,

Thanks!
There are multiple types of meditation. Meditation can be doing martial arts (which i would highly recommend) yoga, painting, listening to music, taking a walk in nature etc. It doesn't need to be just sitting down. Try a more active form of meditation like the types I suggested and see if that helps you :)

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

If I want to meditate, it helps me to listen to music to focus on my spirit. One of my favourites is "Rebischung Music Vampire Channelling", which can be found at YouTube.

Success and best wishes,

Lucy Seward

Return to “Meditation”