If someone had to...

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

If someone had to take all your spirits away, would you still feel safe?

The answer to that question, SHOULD be yes...

I'm raising a point about protection. How many rely purely on spirits for that? Or do you actively seek out and work on your own protection methods? Your spirits should always be a secondary means of protection, not your first means.

I keep demonics, and though they are very good with various means of protection, I do not rely on them for it because a) they are not always around, b) it isn't their job to constantly protect me (they have their own matters to deal with in their realms) and the most important point c) I am capable of doing the work myself. I prefer to learn new methods of protection from them, and apply it myself, as they have given me some great ideas in the past.

I don't want to rubbish the abilities of spirits and entities when it comes to protection, rather, I'm saying that it is always best to put up your own protection first and foremost, THEN turn to your spirits and entities for secondary assistance.

The best form of protection is YOUR OWN!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Safe? Sure. But I'd also feel really empty since I'm so used to having them around.
I once ended up going out without any of my guys, unintentionally. I thought it would be a short trip, few minutes, so I didn't take them along. Ended up taking most of the day.
I didn't get hit by a car or anything, but I certainly didn't feel complete without them around. So I still don't like the idea of leaving home without them.

The point about practicing your own protecting is a good one, and something everyone that's aware of the meta should do, even if you don't actively take part in it. But it also needs to be considered that some Spirits want to be tasked in that way, or come to you for the sake of protection or being "bodyguards".
It's what gives them purpose.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

Drake wrote:But it also needs to be considered that some Spirits want to be tasked in that way, or come to you for the sake of protection or being "bodyguards".
It's what gives them purpose.
Oh yes, I agree with that. I don't mean one SHOULDN'T have spirits for protection, I just mean they should rather be a secondary form of protection. But by all means, yes, some definitely do like to be tasked for protection and they make great defenders.

I also agree that not having them around at all would make me feel empty too, as they are akin to a best friend.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have protective spells and shieldings and also spells that should raise my abilities that should also help with keeping me safe or defend myself if it fails. I also know some practices that make oneself shielded but I do not think I have a fraction of the amount of bodyguards most others in this forum have, majority of my household is unbound young entities and I am new to bound spirits. My mother left me angels, she was always drawn to them, and I was drawn to dragons and seem to have attracted those, and both groups can be seen as guards and warriors so there is that.

Does anyone carry seasalt with them, in a bag or car? If it is used to keep unwelcome energies out from the house, could it work for any personal space?

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I would. I don't really rely on my spirits for protection that much, it's nice to know they're there and able to help but I like to do things myself. But there are always spirits around anyway, even if somehow all my spirits disappeared, my ancestors would still be around and I'm sure they have looked after me in many occasions.

Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

I have never sought out a spirit for protection nor any item that may offer it...

The notion of feeling "safe" makes us grow stagnant... That little place in our mind that says everything will be okay disallows us to feel those emotions that force us to evolve... To Adapt to an unwanted event or circumstance... A little bit of fear can go a long way....

So... Play with Fire... It's okay to be burned...

Wear your scars with pride... What they tell those that look upon you...
Is... I Survived....

-Xeritch-

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

True.
But safe in this case is quite relative you know, no amount of Spirits, Spells or self protection is gonna stop a bullet to the head. So it's not as if you can ever be untouchable.

Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:Your spirits should always be a secondary means of protection, not your first means.

this is a golden key in everyones hand - we as humans forget that we have always come a long way adapting and taking care of ourselves - and so we should understand that we CAN protect ourselves, there are many options out there in energy work and spiritual means - but also that we have to understand that even standing our ground and raising our voice is a great asset and a "weapon" on the count - once we affirm the boundaries, they exist.
Bunni wrote:If someone had to take all your spirits away, would you still feel safe?

well, its depending on a person would resonate openly - some people who dont even "keep" or interact with spirits dont feel safe in this world physically, mentally and spiritually. But as spirits have always been around and people are indeed safe even before the notice of spirit keeping or interacting with spirits - then they should feel safe even without their spirits beside them - life was carrying on before, and so life should carry on after.

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I never acquired any of my spirits with the intent for them to protect me. I don't really care about protection that much. Of course I utilize protective methods, shielding etc anyway as really it allows for greater success and effectiveness in work. Naturally I have never had any problems, I guess I'm not really inclined to them.

Usually my spirits help me take more interesting risks in life.

Also I was an occultist, deep into other metaphysical avenues before I was a spirit keeper which probably contributes to why I see things so differently.

If all of my spirits were taken from me I'd be pretty p*ssed off though. That's just not nice.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Xeritch wrote: Wear your scars with pride... What they tell those that look upon you...
Is... I Survived....
So far my scars tell people I have a monstrous cat that doesn't trim her nails.

Return to “General Questions”