Any tips for clearing your mind?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hi, I'm in need of some assistance with clearing my mind. Occasionally when I meditate, I'll be trying to maybe visualise something, and instead of that image, something completely unrelated will start playing out in my head. It's really distracting because, if this makes any sense, it sort of feels like it's playing in front of what I'm visualising. Normally they are moving, detailed images lacking sound or touch or anything else for that matter. It doesn't even seem that I'm putting any effort into visualising these, they're just "there".
Does anyone have tips for dealing with this?

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.
Prinsiippi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 63
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I cannot imagine continuously anything that I need an effort to do for a long period of time, I get other things in my mind, mostly just thoughts, sometimes another image, sometimes a whole memory. I think I just need to learn better concentration to avoid those.

Another thing are visions that seem not to came from anywhere, a bit like dreams even though I am awake, for those I do not need an effort, they can go on for a long time and I do not fight them either, just in case it might be something important in the end. If these were frequent, then I do not know how I would react, mine are still rare. Maybe I would try to change the scene, go from there where I seem to be to what I am after.

spacekitty
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ilyria

Hello,
In my experience, clearing your mind takes time to get to. I recommend that when you have a thought, put it in a bubble and imagine it floating away. This was a technique someone gave me and it helped me immensely. It gave me awareness as to when these thoughts came up, and over time it became much easier to get rid of them and ultimately not not have any disruptive thoughts.
I also found that trying to clear my mind entirely was not always the best for of meditation for me. I finally found Vaipassana meditation, and went to a 10-day silent meditation retreat and it absolutely changed meditation for me and really took my meditation to a different level.
You may wish to find one in your area. The first time you go you is free instead of $300-$400 for the 12 days. If you're serious about meditation, this is amazing.
Hope this helps.
-Ilyria

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

Personally, I find you don't really have to clear your mind that much. Let your mind wander - it'll never stop. It's impossible to stop unless you're dead - and just focus on your breathing. Or try to hear your heartbeat. If you stay focused on something non-mental, your mind will naturally go back to it every time.

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Angelsmile
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi first thing I would say thoughts will allways come in acknowledge the thought. Then let it go try not to give it to much focus. Also when first starting to learn meditate don't try for to long. Maybe just a few minutes at first then gradually building up as you start to feel more comfortable. A few minutes each day is better then trying for a lot longer. No pressure enjoy

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Proper breathing can help you to not only clear your mind but also clear any residual energy from your body. A slow inhale through the nose and a slow exhale through the mouth while envisioning sweeping away all cloudiness from your mind can help put you into the right state.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Thanks to everyone who chipped in! I'll have to see about vipassana meditation, and I'll definitely take everyone's advice and put them away to help with meditation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.

Return to “Meditation”