active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Do they still allow tarot readings and such? I had a shop favorited, who I can't remember the name of now, for future use and it was also removed. They didn't have any spells for sale. Just tarot readings. Not sure if it was a coincidence, as I didn't check it for a few days before the spirit keeping shops closed but still. I am very disheartened since Etsy was how I got many of my non-CH spirits :(

1 arkan sonney, 1 bernbaud dragon, 1 black dragon, 1 bronwyn angel, 1 cambion, 1 caberra, 1 cherris dragon, 1 djinn, 1 fire faery, 1 divine dragon, 1 silver dragon, 1 hippogryph, 1 gryphon, 1 pegasus, 1 phoenix, 1 arklight dragon, 1 midnight dragon, 1 briar cove dragon, 1 baby black/gold dragon, 1 volkh, 1 weretiger, 1 blood unicorn, 1 hellhound, 1 delica faery, 1 sterling angel, 2 divine angels, 1 star faery, 1 white dragon, 1 golden high elf, 1 vorin, 1 concuan, 1 garden elf, 1 butterfly faery
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

fyrelite wrote:Do they still allow tarot readings and such? I had a shop favorited, who I can't remember the name of now, for future use and it was also removed. They didn't have any spells for sale. Just tarot readings. Not sure if it was a coincidence, as I didn't check it for a few days before the spirit keeping shops closed but still. I am very disheartened since Etsy was how I got many of my non-CH spirits :(
I completely agree about how much of a shame it is. Apparently they do still keep tarot readings....but if you mention anything to do with spells or magick in the listing they remove them. I wouldn't put it past them to remove them if terms like clairvoyance and other psychic gifts are mentioned as well with an excuse that it's intangible. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually wouldn't even allow tarot readings eventually solely because of their bigotry and sceptisism.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
SilentMoon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,Angel,Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Looks like even vintage isn't safe! :(

Visit my shop:
https://www.bonanza.com/booths/DarlingDarkling

Use ISAWITONCH for 25% off your purchase!
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I predicted this over a couple/3 years ago. I built a free newsletter specifically taylored to the Occult-Metaphysical World. I person in the Occult-Metaphysical contributed some writing. No one else did, and no one else read the articles. This magazine went dormant. So now I am starting a mainstream magazine, called Orva Archos - but not yet open for business.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: What is happening is called a "Shakeout". . I Any person who is deep into marketing knows this sort of thing

Shakeout: What? How! & Why?
Basically:

1st: A group of people (not connected to each other, completely on their own), decide to enter a market. What they have is good. They are honest (most of the time!) and so over time they create what is a "niche market".

2. The over- compete with one another and/or they assume the niche market will stay a niche market.

3. Actually, this is very rare. What usually happens is a lot of those people in that niche market get blown out. And larger organizations in other fields try to completely kill the market as the market in question, takes money away from their market (or they believe it does) just for being there.

4. And then of course whether it is a reverse pentagram necklace or or a small frame with dried flowers in it doesn't matter. If you are in a business "they" want they will attempt to destroy you or make you "work for them" at a decreased profit for you. Or buyers and/or sellers think/feel that your item "next to their's" will drive away other buyers, then demand the source of advertising "kill off" and refuse to list, advertise, or whatever - they feel will hurt their own marketing.

5.This isn't a "Witch War" - it is a Shakeout..

6. Do I know what I am saying? I am director of Marketing in a company that makes more than a million. And with Jim Woolsey and I, (with his permission and blessings, HH The 14th Dalai Lama & marketed Tibet into being very well known (one item we created was "Free Tibet" bumper stickers.

7. In the Lotus Sutra, Chapter 4 or 6, I don't have time to look it up. There is a story about these children who were happily playing in a house. But the house caught on fire, but they were so happy with their palying that they played hide and seek with their rescuers, and refused to leave the fun place they were in. Finally, the rescuers, shout that they were offering great and wonderful toys for them, if only they left the building. And so they did. And the "fireman" then rushed around doing what they could do to save the building. End of story.

8. I am not calling anyone children. What I am saying is that the Buddha's story says pretty much what has happened since Ebay shut down Ocult-Metaphysicals, unless a book or a film.

9,. This market is changing and unless REAL cooperation takes place, the market will be run strictly limiting what the independent can do, by people who aren't you.

10. In my opinion, the negative criticising that has gone on all over this market - independent Metaphorically "yelling" at another seller. A normal earlier more gentle shakeout would have made much better policemen, and now much more would be happily happening.

11. From other sources, I have put together a team of people, some you may remember, and some you have never met. They include some mystics, writers, translators, money managers, and recording, filming, publishing, and, of course mystics. When we are ready to open, I will certainly let you know the the CH sellers new items section.

And just as an ending to this....here is posted, probably what was the most powerful advertisement on tv - ever. Done by the great firm of Doyle Dane & Bernback (DDB). Its called "Daisy Girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Id_r6pNsus

With Kindness,
Caiyros Arlen

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Caiyros Arlen wrote:I predicted this over a couple/3 years ago. I built a free newsletter specifically taylored to the Occult-Metaphysical World. I person in the Occult-Metaphysical contributed some writing. No one else did, and no one else read the articles. This magazine went dormant. So now I am starting a mainstream magazine, called Orva Archos - but not yet open for business.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: What is happening is called a "Shakeout". . Any person who is deep into marketing knows this sort of thing

Basically:

1st: A group of people (not connected to each other, completely on their own), decide to enter a market. What they have is good. They are honest (most of the time!) and so over time they create what is a "niche market".

2. The over- compete with one another and/or they assume the niche market will stay a niche market.

3. Actually, this is very rare. What usually happens is a lot of those people in that niche market get blown out. And larger organizations in other fields try to completely kill the market as the market in question, takes money away from their market (or they believe it does) just for being there.

4. And then of course whether it is a reverse pentagram necklace or or a small frame with dried flowers in it doesn't matter. If you are in a business "they" want they will attempt to destroy you or make you "work for them" at a decreased profit for you. Or buyers and/or sellers think/feel that your item "next to their's" will drive away other buyers, then demand the source of advertising "kill off" and refuse to list, advertise, or whatever - they feel will hurt their own marketing.

6. Do I know what I am saying? I am director of Marketing in a company that makes more than a million. And with Jim Woolsey and I, (with his permission and blessings, HH The 14th Dalai Lama & marketed Tibet into being very well known (one item we created was "Free Tibet" bumper stickers.

7. In the Lotus Sutra, Chapter 4 or 6, I don't have time to look it up. There is a story about these children who were happily playing in a house. But the house caught on fire, but they were so happy with their palying that they played hide and seek with their rescuers, and refused to leave the fun place they were in. Finally, the rescuers, shout that they were offering great and wonderful toys for them, if only they left the building. And so they did. And the "fireman" then rushed around doing what they could do to save the building. End of story.

8. I am not calling anyone children. What I am saying is that the Buddha's story says pretty much what has happened since Ebay shut down Ocult-Metaphysicals, unless a book or a film.

9,. This market is changing and unless REAL cooperation takes place, the market will be run strictly limiting what the independent can do, by people who aren't you.

10. In my opinion, the negative criticizing that has gone on all over this market - independent Metaphorically "yelling" at another seller. A normal earlier more gentle shakeout would have made much better policemen, and now much more would be happily happening.

11. From other sources, I have put together a team of people, some you may remember, and some you have never met. They include some mystics, writers, translators, money managers, and recording, filming, publishing, and, of course mystics. When we are ready to open, I will certainly let you know by posting in the the CH sellers new items section. Until then this is the only post I will make on this topic na dnot answering questions. I am too busy right now to do that (marketing with China now takes up a lot of time - and I love it...)

And just as an ending to this....here is posted, probably what was the most powerful advertisement on tv - ever. Done by the great firm of Doyle Dane & Bernback (DDB). Its called "Daisy Girl"

With Kindness,
Caiyros Arlen

Occult Metaphysical
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree with the attached, for sure. Plus, there are some extra dimensions to this Etsy issue.

One is that Etsy just went public. A lot of sellers believe that they are trying to make themselves look good in the eyes of the shareholders, by chasing out the spellcasters. Doubly so since they are facing legal issues because of the presence of knockoff/counterfeit items for sale. They had to scapegoat someone or something, and the meta sellers came under fire. There were a few recent articles written about the Witches of Etsy and the ability to buy any sort of spell on Etsy, which is what I think got their attention turned in meta's direction.

Take all those factors, add in the things that Caiyros pointed out, and bingo -- the perfect storm.

What really makes me angry is that this is hurting a lot of people whose main source of income is online sales. I'm one of the lucky ones -- 90% of what I had listed, Etsy left alone. They just deactivated about 10% of my listings, rather than my entire shop. But there are people who have families to feed, who were utterly blindsided by this rule change.

Anyway, I support any effort to get all the meta shops and vendors under one big umbrella, be it the BOTP Marketplace or any other place where meta sellers can post their items for sale and not fear another unannounced purge.
Caiyros Arlen wrote:I predicted this over a couple/3 years ago. I built a free newsletter specifically taylored to the Occult-Metaphysical World. I person in the Occult-Metaphysical contributed some writing. No one else did, and no one else read the articles. This magazine went dormant. So now I am starting a mainstream magazine, called Orva Archos - but not yet open for business.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: What is happening is called a "Shakeout". . I Any person who is deep into marketing knows this sort of thing

Basically:

10. In my opinion, the negative criticising that has gone on all over this market - independent Metaphorically "yelling" at another seller. A normal earlier more gentle shakeout would have made much better policemen, and now much more would be happily happening.

11. From other sources, I have put together a team of people, some you may remember, and some you have never met. They include some mystics, writers, translators, money managers, and recording, filming, publishing, and, of course mystics. When we are ready to open, I will certainly let you know the the CH sellers new items section.

With Kindness,
Caiyros Arlen

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
witchiepooh
new here
new here

Pretty soon all places like Bonanza etc will follow suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:There were a few recent articles written about the Witches of Etsy and the ability to buy any sort of spell on Etsy, which is what I think got their attention turned in meta's direction.
I'm curious about what these articles are. Have you got a link?
When i searched on articles about etsy witches i found only one which actually put the witches in a rather positive light. So i'm curious about the recent ones.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Meet the Witches of Etsy
I hired an Etsy witch to cast a sex spell on my marriage
Witches selling sex spells on Etsy?

That third one is an example of a writer who spotted an original article about Etsy witchcraft sales, and used it as a source to write their own article about it. There's a profusion of that sort of article, which meant that Etsy's name was being linked to spellcraft on countless other sites besides the ones where the original work was posted.

And some of the originals had followup articles, meaning there were even more instances online of the name "Etsy" being used in the same sentence as "spells":
There's a schism in the witch community about online spellcasting

The above-mentioned linkage apparently didn't sit well with Etsy, especially in the light of their share prices floundering and the big lawsuit alleging that they've got tons of counterfeit items for sale. I'm sure that there were tons of far-right types who sent an avalanche of emails telling Etsy to cut ties with these depraved devil-worshipping sorcerers, perhaps threatening boycotts into the bargain. I think Etsy wanted to do something quick, decisive, and very public to re-establish their brand. I guess they'd rather have the far-right types as customers than have spellcasters as sellers.

And then there's this, in the aftermath of the Etsy purge: Witches are furious at Etsy for banning witchcraft sales
Etsy has banned the sale of witchcraft, and witches are pissed

Etsy could have other issues on its hands. There are people talking about discrimination suits, as there does not seem to be any backlash against items blessed by Christian clergy being put up for sale -- only items blessed by pagan clerics. Hmmm. Hence, we get this article: Etsy is discriminating against witches

From where I sit, and I am speaking as a Christian, it has to be an all-or-nothing deal. Either Etsy has to take out ALL the items that make any sort of intangible promise, regardless of faith, or they have to leave them all in. Fair is fair.

Edit to add: and here's another link, from May, that probably drove up the blood pressure of The Powers That Be at Etsy. The Young Turks is apparently a site favored by hipsters, and Etsy probably didn't want their name used in the same breath with the words "unethical witches": Unethical Witches Selling Spells and Charms on Etsy?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read gets it very well, but for one thing, best illustrated by a true event in the past

1640s ad _ London - everyone was competing with everyone else, and prices went sky high, there was no order, all hll broke loose, and so a group of Londoners came up with the idea of a Corn Guild, and the mother of a distant cousin wrote a book about it 30 some odd years ago. - They created what was called The Corn Guild - helping each seller, grower, and transporter, and maintaining basic values for delivery and prices. Basically they created LARGE LINKAGES....and all worked well for a couple of centuries.

We don't need nor can afford One Large Umbrella - this is open to imbalances in control, both within each seller's "realm" and across the board. We need linkages in a number of different ways - basically good across the board communications, and working "broad areas".

The castle & cottage system only works at the beginning of things - the enlarged community with a sense of things - not necessarily the same - not necessarily different and with good will works - Lets call it ADVANCED LINKAGE.WITH INTUITIVE ARRANGEMENT.

Again please not I will answer no questions but will comment if I think it would be helpful.I am in touch with others who are working on this, but I will not make any comments on this until it is reasonable for me to do so.

In Friendship
Caiyros Arlen

Occult Metaphysical

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”