Encounters with Legends?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
MynetteLoo
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 1

So guys, what really interests me, has anyone of you had an encounter with a legendary creature/being?
Spill the beans! 2cl

I visited Scotland two years ago and besides having an adventurous holiday, stepped into creepy areas as well, cause I seek out these places whenever I can. I've been at haunted castles, Loch Ness and Boleskine - without luck! Loved the atmosphere anyways. What really got me were the Edinburgh Vaults and Greyfriars Kirkyard, where gruesome scenarios took place. This is where alongside other entities and spirits, the Mackenzie Poltergeist resides. Let me tell you, he isn't any kind of hoax.

I went along with a tour guide, as there is no other way to get there and yes, there definitely is a lot going on. No one had a faint, got burned or marks on our tour and I was a little disappointed that nothing happened. Eventually I stayed afterwards and walked up to the black mausoleum, armed with only my iPhone recording and babbled something over the place. Then, standing right in front of the huge gate, I called out his name and asked if I could get a sign from him. I got a very loud hissing right in front of me and a slight push backwards. I was happy for the rest of the week! lol
At home, listening to the recording I made, you can even hear him answering to me as I called his name. It's the same voice and tone of the hissing, saying 'yesssssss' and it made me even more happy.
Want to return someday to continue the unfinished conversation 2wk

"Long dead and reborn, in an ever-changing world, their souls linger forever and, in silence, they walk among us." - Asetian Bible

Infernal burns my heart, darkness is my light,
for ancient shadows were brought, leading me through the night.

❤In honour to my most beloved and cherished Spirit Companions, Ancestors, the Dark Lords and the Loa❤
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Cool, that sounds quite an interesting and cool experience. Congrats!

I've never been to scotland and i don't know much about some of these places. But i do like scottish lore and myth. :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

That sounds very exciting!! No legendary being encounters for me, but would have loved to encounter the Gloucester Sea serpent. Apparently there were sightings up until the 1950's about it and then nothing.

"They told me of a sea serpent, or snake, that lay quoiled up like a cable upon the rock at Cape Ann; a boat passing by with English on board, and two Indians, they would have shot the serpent, but the Indians dissuaded them, saying that if he were not killed outright, they would all be in danger of their lives..."
This was a written sighting in 1638, who knows if this was an outright hoax. But the sightings have been going on for about 3 centuries until the interest died off.

Another thing on my bucket list is to stay in a haunted hotel. 2hp

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

There is a great hotel in New Hampshire, owned by Grant Wilson, and the bases for Stephen Kings "The Shining"

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima
Zodiac:

ooh, sounds right up my alley! I'll look into that :U

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Look for the Spaulding Inn in New Hampshire.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Well, I went to Scotland for a four day trip, and I went to the Fairy Pool on the Isle of Skye ( hoping to see some Fairies) but in my opinion, that clearly wasn't worth the whole trip. My precious Vans totally give their last breath :( Althought I clearly needed to see other things on that Island, because there are much more things to do!
During my trip, the last day I went on a guided tour through Scotland. I've seen Loch Lomond, the valley where that battle was fought ( where the red wedding of GoT is based upon) and I've seen some small cottage in the Woods that is supposed to be hunted by a girl who commited suicide by jumping into a waterfall? I haven't seen the cottage, and I haven't stayed long in the valley, but those were places I would call ... quite magical, for some reason.
Of course, the big point of doing this whole trip was getting to see Nessie...

In the end, I didn't see her... but I was on that boat going over the lake ( maybe it's because I'm born in Belgium and that lake just seems terrible huge to me) and althought I didn't see her, I am convinced that she hides in that lake. The lake is big enough to contain the whole world human population and even more. I decided there and then, that if I wasn't going to see Nessie that time, I would come back and buy myself a house on the shores of the lake, somewhere in the future, so I could sit down in the weekend and look to the lake all day long, waiting for her to show up. And now that it happened like almost 6 months ago, I haven't changed my mind. Someday, I'll have my house somewhere near the Loch Ness someday and I'll wait for Nessie to show up and look at me. 1d I even found out Nessie can also hide in the river the Ness, that was something else I learned... so I can't say I have encountered her but I definitly saw the possibilty of her living in that lake....

A nice thing afterwards: when my mother looked to the pictures of me on the Loch Ness, she told me she found Nessie ... I didn't know but then I saw the shape of the clouds and it sure looked like Nessie^^

But even next to the need to buy myself a house at the lake's shores, I'll return to Scotland, because it seems the place for magic, legends, mysteries, history... everything. I was so dissapointed I could only go for four days! 1sa

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”