venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

AngelicPride wrote:Not sure how you can have angel/nephilim blood, when all the Nephilim were wiped out in the flood of Genesis (only Noah's family survived the flood). Nephilim spirits are also tethered to the abyss by the Archangel Raphael, so they cannot leave the Abyss (Hell/Underworld). Nephilim are described as being man-eaters, and God wouldn't want those sorts of creatures (that aren't supposed to exist) roaming around!
Again here, i wouldn't take the bible seriously. Just as the story of adam and eve couldn't have simply just populated the earth, it's highly unlikely noahs family did either. Also although i have never read the bible so this does come second hand but apparently the first thing gods "chosen one" noah does after surviving the flood..... is that he builds a brewery for himelf and others. :problem:
Ok, so this is just the first book and we're already encountering major problems.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
AngelicPride
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

The bible is the foundation of Christian theology and belief, however. You can't not take it seriously, and then swipe at the concepts you enjoy (angels, watchers, demons, etc). According to the angels, the Bible is considered to be the Word of Their God. Obviously there will be human error, but for the most part it is a clear idea of what Christians belief, and thus what angels believe. The Books of Enoch are what illustrate the extension of the Noah story, and talk about the fall of the watchers. If you want to learn more about the Nephilim and Watchers and how angelology is shaped, I highly recommend getting the translation done by Joseph B. Lumpkin.

AngelicPride
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae

<<Removed by Mod>> wrote:
AngelicPride wrote:The bible is the foundation of Christian theology and belief, however. You can't not take it seriously, and then swipe at the concepts you enjoy (angels, watchers, demons, etc). According to the angels, the Bible is considered to be the Word of Their God. Obviously there will be human error, but for the most part it is a clear idea of what Christians belief, and thus what angels believe. The Books of Enoch are what illustrate the extension of the Noah story, and talk about the fall of the watchers. If you want to learn more about the Nephilim and Watchers and how angelology is shaped, I highly recommend getting the translation done by Joseph B. Lumpkin.
There are many, many truths, and not just a singular one. In other words there IS truth to the Bible. However, it is extremely difficult to cement your entire belief system on a single book. The Bible may be the foundation of Christian belief, but angels are not just in Christian lore and religion. Who is to say that there aren't or weren't angels around from various parts of the Universe/dimensions that have decided to have relations with mortals and procreate to have "Nephilim/half-angel-type" beings? In most religions that I've studied, nothing can be proven as fact.
We are talking about Abrahamic angels. Nephilim are Abrahamic. There might be "Nephilim-like" beings in other mythologies or dimensions yet discovered, but they are not Nephilim. We are talking about the Nephilim within Abrahamic lore. I really am trying to put some knowledge into this discussion, but it seems that opinions weigh more than actual facts within theology. Yes, everyone experiences everything differently... But for some things, it's just appropriation to take what you like (the concept of half-human, half-angels), ignore the theology because 'nothing can be proven fact' and then weave your own believes concerning them. It's very insulting to those who have studied Christianity and Abrahamic Theology as a living, or those who are Christian/Jewish/Muslim themselves, to have their creatures/Gods/servants stolen, but not the stories behind them.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

AngelicPride wrote:Not sure how you can have angel/nephilim blood, when all the Nephilim were wiped out in the flood of Genesis (only Noah's family survived the flood). Nephilim spirits are also tethered to the abyss by the Archangel Raphael, so they cannot leave the Abyss (Hell/Underworld). Nephilim are described as being man-eaters, and God wouldn't want those sorts of creatures (that aren't supposed to exist) roaming around!

Where do you get your misinformation. I am a Christian and have not seen in any books, this supposition. I have also been tutored by the arc angels since I can remember, and they are saying this is not true. Nephilim were giants, and had the free will accorded by their human lineage. This means they were not man eaters, but assimilated themselves into the human race and lived peacefully. Their spirits are not tethered to the abyss, only the fallen angels who were involved in the great rebellion, and were found guilty of malice murder. They are still there, and will be turned loose in due time for their punishment.

You need to do more studying.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Also, why the heck is AngelicPride even here? If he is in total isolation on the Bible and Christianity, then he doesn't have the guts to accept that everone in here different.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
LordChubby
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGONS , AND DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A WOLF DRAGON ;)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skuldafn
Zodiac:

piscesstein wrote:Also, why the heck is AngelicPride even here? If he is in total isolation on the Bible and Christianity, then he doesn't have the guts to accept that everone in here different.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
exactly im not sure if theyre just here to "correct" people or try a little bit to open their minds outside of the bible or lores because thats exactly what they are lores 2dz

Image <--kawaiii dragon <3

HEY YOU!!! ... YES YOU!! ... I LOVE YOU
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Huffette wrote:

Where do you get your misinformation. I am a Christian and have not seen in any books, this supposition. I have also been tutored by the arc angels since I can remember, and they are saying this is not true. Nephilim were giants, and had the free will accorded by their human lineage. This means they were not man eaters, but assimilated themselves into the human race and lived peacefully. Their spirits are not tethered to the abyss, only the fallen angels who were involved in the great rebellion, and were found guilty of malice murder. They are still there, and will be turned loose in due time for their punishment.

Without taking sides, I found an online passage that states:
According to the Book of Enoch, they consumed so much that men eventually resented feeding them, and they eventually turned on their providers by cannibalising them (1 Enoch 7:1-5). They ate human flesh and drank blood. Enoch goes on to say that the nefilim eventually turned against themselves in civil warfare (a common demonic trait) until they wiped out the vast bulk of their own kind. However, mankind did not repent or reform, forcing Yahweh to wipe the entire race out with the exception of Noah and his family, Noah being "perfect in his generations" (Gen.6:9, NKJV), meaning he was one of the few left who was 100% human and untainted by Watcher genes.
Here's the thing....there are humans who eat humans! Obviously it's not the norm. And during times of war, famine and general mental distress any living being is capable of pretty much anything. Therefore, these things should be taken on a case by case basis. And it's erroneous to assume they all did because they were all evil in nature. We're all likely to resort to evil when we lack the basic necessities. However, even lions when fed and loved since a born, can befriend a human or a dog. A hungry lion or dog in the wild would kill his own kind for food, if he had to.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
LordChubby
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: DRAGONS , AND DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A WOLF DRAGON ;)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skuldafn
Zodiac:

Samsara wrote:
Huffette wrote:

Without taking sides, I found an online passage that states:
According to the Book of Enoch, they consumed so much that men eventually resented feeding them, and they eventually turned on their providers by cannibalising them (1 Enoch 7:1-5). They ate human flesh and drank blood. Enoch goes on to say that the nefilim eventually turned against themselves in civil warfare (a common demonic trait) until they wiped out the vast bulk of their own kind. However, mankind did not repent or reform, forcing Yahweh to wipe the entire race out with the exception of Noah and his family, Noah being "perfect in his generations" (Gen.6:9, NKJV), meaning he was one of the few left who was 100% human and untainted by Watcher genes.
Here's the thing....there are humans who eat humans! Obviously it's not the norm. And during times of war, famine and general mental distress any living being is capable of pretty much anything. Therefore, these things should be taken on a case by case basis. And it's erroneous to assume they all did because they were all evil in nature. We're all likely to resort to evil when we lack the basic necessities. However, even lions when fed and loved since a born, can befriend a human or a dog. A hungry lion or dog in the wild would kill his own kind for food, if he had to.
good point 2wk

Image <--kawaiii dragon <3

HEY YOU!!! ... YES YOU!! ... I LOVE YOU
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I would also like to point out that just about every culture in the world has a flood story. Meaning Noah might not have been the only survivor. Which also means that there were likely more areas with Nephilim besides where the Bible records.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Have you all seen Zeitgeist? Basically says all religion copied from each other. There was a period Jesus went missing for a few years, perhaps traveling to Asia to borrow some ideas.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Angels”