You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gryphon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rubyluv
Zodiac:

My personal issue with the Bible/Christianity--having been raised in a devout Christian family as well as my bio dad being a Jehovah's Witness minister--is that 1. The Bible was written by man in an archaic time. We all know man translates/deciphers in ways that suit their agenda. By "man", I mean mankind, not just males. 2. The majority of things in the Bible has already been established in older religious texts around the world. We all know that Christianity appropriated from pagan religions. That said, I never could trust the Bible. I do believe in history and i do believe in older religions. Who are we to say the Nephilim did or did not exist when clearly, some version of them exist in almost every other religion? You can't take a book like the Bible as literal fact, in my opinion. Sorry if that's offensive and despite how this post may sound, I mean no disrespect to Christians. I just cannot judge something by a collection of what I see as stories, written by ancient men in an ancient time, when it's clear that most of those stories are stolen. Every religion in the world has some version of deities intermingling with humans so its not impossible that Nephilim exist at all, as well as thousands of other beings.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Proud companion of a Gryphon-N, Werewolf-D, Steel Golem, Norse Light Elf-A, Air & Water/Sea Elf Spirit-M, Bird Fairy-Ar, Lion Shifter-Mz, Throne Angel-De, Ice Stag-K, Pegasus-L, Sanguine Vampire-Ke, Barrow Dragon-Mi, Unicorn-An, Owl Familiar-Sc, Avenging Angel-T, Mermaid-Me, Rainbow Dragon-Ag, Raven Familiar-Th, Fairy Godmother-Mia, Snake Familiar-H, Were-Horse-To
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

It's funny I come upon this treath, just a day after I watched the movie 'Noah'.
I have read an online book called 'Conversations with God' as well a week or so ago.
Then I came upon burrowing a dvd box of Clash of the Gods...

and now I come upon this treath where people say God wiped out all nephilims in the Flood.
After seeing the movie of Noah I started to think a bit about what the story from it tells us...

so after you have seen this movie, it's like seeing that God didn't care at all about human kind and even wanted to wipe out the whole human kind, and only took some animals on the arc, that was build by a guy who was going to be the last of human race.

Past forward... in 2017: how many people do we have on this globe? Over a million? A billion? A miljard... I'm not sure, cause I don't count them, but... so from three couples this whole earth became filled? Not to say, that in the movie Noah, Cham left... and didn't take any girl with him, so I'm guessing he didn't produce offspring. Next to all those humans, we have a lot of other species roaming this earth as well. So supposedly, those two from each animal species that Noah took on this Arc, had a lot of kids... but next to that, what happened with the fish? They all survived the flood, cause they are in the water. Did all the birds survive because they were with two of each species on the arc... or... just thinking big. The arc is supposdly somewhere in Africa. So Africa became flooded. And yes, in a year you can get far on a boat... but that boat didn't have any motor and it was supposdly a very big boat. So how far would it have gone in a year?

I heard about a flood in India... and maybe in Norway mythology. Zeus send a flood on humanity because they were cannibals and Hera took him prisonner. But what I try to say is: what happened with America? That was a continent already formed no? Or am I wrong? Normally, it happened after Hercules... so if Hercules made the street of Gibraltar... than there was a whole other continent behind it...

so, just thinking... Maybe some nephilim were so smart to go and sit on the highest mountain in America. Maybe they were sitting in the Machu Picchu. Because... I didn't hear a story about the flood with the Inca's. The Earth is big, the Gods can do a lot... but would they just be angry with whole humankind and put everyone up to drown?

The God I know, isn't a tiran. The God I know is love... and forgives and gives second chances. He even gives a hunderd chances... so it's hard for me to believe, that God would wipe out the entire humanrace just because some individuals are <<Removed by Mod>>. Next to that, humankind today... we aren't all so lovely and good and figting for the animals. A lot of us are figting wars, killing each other, stealing, etc... so, would you really believe, that God would send a flood to all of us and even kills everyone of us, exept for, lets say Obama ( I'm not an american or anything, I'm european, but he is the best guy I can think of), and let him build a boat with his family?

Would God really say <<Removed by Mod>> you to all the rest of us?
I don't think so, I think he would give us a change... Maybe he made Noah tell the world that there was a flood, but they didn't believe him. But, if God would send someone to us, telling us there is a flood coming over a few years... many would say; right, you're crazy. Some individuals would try and build some escape plan.

So in that mind of thinking, why would he then wipe out the entire Nephillim race? They could see Noah building his arc, most of them maybe said you're crazy, others said: Let's run for the hills so we are safe for the coming flood?

I mean, it's the same God that send us Jesus. Jesus that brought people back from the death... He is the same God who let Moses lead his people out of the hell. He is the same God who told Abraham to spare his son Isaac. Yes, he first said; kill him, but then he said; no I'm happy enough that you love me that much, so keep your son...

So why would that Same God wipe out the entire humanrace or the entire nephillim race?
Last edited by darkwing dook on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Fireshadow wrote: Past forward... in 2017: how many people do we have on this globe? Over a million? A billion? A miljard... I'm not sure, cause I don't count them, but... so from three couples this whole earth became filled?
It's estimated at 7.4-7.5 billion, based on the Geohive : )

Fireshadow wrote: Not to say, that in the movie Noah, Cham left... and didn't take any girl with him, so I'm guessing he didn't produce offspring.
That movie is a reinterpretation based on the myth; it is not fully based on the Bible, just like Clash of Titans and Wrath of Titans are not fully based on Greek myth.
You might need to read the source material to find the differences. Movies, tv shows, etc are not always good as reference, e.g.:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic54560.html
Fireshadow wrote: The arc is supposdly somewhere in Africa. So Africa became flooded. And yes, in a year you can get far on a boat... but that boat didn't have any motor and it was supposdly a very big boat. So how far would it have gone in a year?
Who knows, we aren't even sure that the Ark is a boat, or what kind of shape the boat was, whether it had sail or not, etc.

Fireshadow wrote: I heard about a flood in India... and maybe in Norway mythology. Zeus send a flood on humanity because they were cannibals and Hera took him prisonner. But what I try to say is: what happened with America? That was a continent already formed no? Or am I wrong?
There are many deluge myths from various cultures, even from the Native American and Australian Aboriginal cultures.

Fireshadow wrote: The God I know, isn't a tiran. The God I know is love... and forgives and gives second chances. He even gives a hunderd chances... so it's hard for me to believe, that God would wipe out the entire humanrace just because some individuals are <<Removed by Mod>>.
Would God really say <<Removed by Mod>>you to all the rest of us?
I don't think so, I think he would give us a change...
So why would that Same God wipe out the entire humanrace or the entire nephillim race?
As what Bohr replied to Einsten, "Stop telling God what to do." : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My best guess is that story, being history and oral myth of Jewish origin, is a tribal account of either 1 the end of the last Ice Age when flood waters from melting ice took over previously inhabited regions 2 There is a book, actually two that I like that might offer insight to why flood myths are so widespread. First one is Uriels Machine then Fingerprint of the Gods. They both say it could have been a cataclysmic event such as a meteor that caused tidal waves to flood everywhere.

I have no answers for the other question about God. I just remember he was trying to remove the wicked and unfaithful. Which some would say is justified now if a bunch of people died today, a big reason why I am not a Christian, the people. Even though God sent rainbows to seal a covenant with Noah saying he would never try to wipe us all out at once agian.

Personally I believe one of the two theories on the flood myths is most likely what happened. I'm not sure why nephilim died or left, maybe for the same reason the immortals aren't seen like they were in antiquity. On that I have no ideas.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:As what Bohr replied to Einsten, "Stop telling God what to do." : )
^I am forever looking for a more concise way to tell people not to saddle any god with the limitations that bind their own minds. I LOVE this.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Knowing that the myths before the coming of Jesus was from the Old Testament , we could say that it may be 2 different god. One more merciful than the other (i talk about the Christian god) .

Jehovah is more vengeful than the Christian god and so i think that for him , wiping out all humanity and Nephilim is considered as "just" .

It would be more " I create a flood for eradicating these Nephilim , even if there is good humans that die with it. In the end it is necessary to sacrifice some to make things better" . That kind of pov .

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Couple of things, 1 there were multiple survivors of a global flood unless every culture across the globe all somehow managed to have the same oral history shared. Evidence of this is natives of the Americas having tales of a man and his family surviving in a cave as well as at least one about a boat. 2 according to the bible nephilim survived for a while after the flood. Goliath that was slain by David is said to be descended from the nephilim. 3 Noah's ark is actually believed to be in the mountains on the border of turkey. 4 Yahweh, Jehovah jyra, Alla, god etc. Are all the same being according to the accepted theology, just different aspects of the divine. 5 this is a bit of an aside, there has been testing to determine the shape of the ark based on the conditions described in Genesis for the flood, ie 40 days and nights of rain and a few of those where the bodies of water surged inexplicably the shape was determined to be a box, all others sank given the turbulence described.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:Knowing that the myths before the coming of Jesus was from the Old Testament , we could say that it may be 2 different god. One more merciful than the other (i talk about the Christian god) .

Jehovah is more vengeful than the Christian god and so i think that for him , wiping out all humanity and Nephilim is considered as "just" .

It would be more " I create a flood for eradicating these Nephilim , even if there is good humans that die with it. In the end it is necessary to sacrifice some to make things better" . That kind of pov .

I swing between this idea and the idea that they are multiple aspects of the same deity. After all, most mythologies show that even a god can do terrible things when they lose their balance and give full rein to their specializations and desires.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Alys wrote:
Nienna wrote:Knowing that the myths before the coming of Jesus was from the Old Testament , we could say that it may be 2 different god. One more merciful than the other (i talk about the Christian god) .

I swing between this idea and the idea that they are multiple aspects of the same deity. After all, most mythologies show that even a god can do terrible things when they lose their balance and give full rein to their specializations and desires.
Good point :D ! I never thought about the hypothesis that it can be resulting of a deity unbalanced.

The problem is that is quite confusing , like we don't know if there is only 1 or maybe others deities . Religions are all related somehow with differents names ...

Return to “Angels”