You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons :3
If I could be anything, I would be...: 58
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: desertofblackdark
Zodiac:

Very interesting idea,not as common in fantasy or fiction as Dragon slayers,is the thought of Dragon riders.Dragon is by no mean a cargo animal,and i know that in normal conditions i too resent the idea of using dragon in such way, so why would that even be possible 1h
Few months ago while meditating with my dragon i had a vision (i almost never have any visions ever :'D) of such thing. It was me,with my dragon girl. I was her rider. Got a quick insight in situation there.
Dragons were on the brink of extinction, population was dropping every day, killed both by professional paid slayers and hunters who sell their parts. Small community of some sort, not sure if human or elf, shorter than todays human but something in between these two, gathered to protect the remaining dragons. They lived together with dragons in a cliff's caves and some of them rode dragons to battles - like i did. It was very detailed,in fact so detailed that i learned that dragons used to lick hair of these light-haired warriors away from their faces,so it would not bother them in battle,so hair stood kind of unaturally, even spiky sometimes 1spt
Days after that this image stalked me on fb - and that's very close to what my dragon and i looked like, except for the armor,there was less armor on me
It's interesting because, as a kid i loved reading Eragon - telepathic communication with dragon seemed very familiar 1d
And yeah,i still hate the idea of riding a dragon,i'm so not doing that since that ( past life i guess ), it's a big no-no in my code 1a
Just wanted to share this with all dragon lovers here. 1ht

Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up. Never give in
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

It's interesting that you posted this now. I've been writing a story and have had dragon riders on the brain for a couple of weeks. <3

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I actually have a mini faery dragon. In the listing it claimed that the fae ride them or used to and they work well with fae in the household. :thumbup:

I believe dragon riders probably did or do exist. But obviously there needed to be a bond present for a dragon to allow itself to be ridden i'd imagine. I'd also assume that really dark dragons wouldn't have allowed themselves to be ridden.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
desertofblackdark
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons :3
If I could be anything, I would be...: 58
My magical/paranormal name...: desertofblackdark
Zodiac:

Zelda wrote:It's interesting that you posted this now. I've been writing a story and have had dragon riders on the brain for a couple of weeks. <3
1tu
WhimsicalSage wrote:I actually have a mini faery dragon. In the listing it claimed that the fae ride them or used to and they work well with fae in the household. :thumbup:

I believe dragon riders probably did or do exist. But obviously there needed to be a bond present for a dragon to allow itself to be ridden i'd imagine. I'd also assume that really dark dragons wouldn't have allowed themselves to be ridden.
I absolutely agree about the bond! 1ak
It feels to me,as if riding a high creature is kind of insult 8[ it felt that similar applied to situation in that vison...
I'd like to see anyone try riding a dragon, bonus points if its on a darker side. Hope none will be inspired by latest GoT episode 2yn

Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up. Never give in
GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

Let it be known that I just asked my dragon if I could ride her and she let me climb up. In the right circumstances, with a strong connection, it's very much a thing. It probably has a fair amount of variables, but it's a thing. 1tu

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote:I actually have a mini faery dragon. In the listing it claimed that the fae ride them or used to and they work well with fae in the household. :thumbup:

I couldn't resist turning to my Black Dragon, upon reading that last sentence. His response was that if it was a situation where he had to get me from Point A to Point B ASAP, he would have me climb aboard as a matter of expediency.

But ovarall, I agree with you, darker-natured dragons most likely aren't going to aspire to take on the job of steed. ;)

In any event, I have a servitor from WWP that performs willingly as an astral mount (the July guardian, the Dragoncat). So I don't have to feel like I'm imposing on my spirits. Some of them willingly offer a ride sometimes anyway, but since I'm not asking them all the time, I don't feel like I'm imposing when I accept the offer.

So if you want to ride a dragon or other creature all the time, but not feel like you're badgering your spirits for rides, look into obtaining a servitor.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
sheswimswithdragons
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Skies
Zodiac:

desertofblackdark wrote:Dragon is by no mean a cargo animal,and i know that in normal conditions i too resent the idea of using dragon in such way, so why would that even be possible
desertofblackdark wrote:I absolutely agree about the bond! 1ak
It feels to me,as if riding a high creature is kind of insult
Just to add my own little two cents, I think that any dragon/rider relationship would definitely be based off of any mutual respect! If you have a strong bond and the dragon is willing, a rider relationship would not be a problem. On the other hand, if you were to try and ride a dragon that didn't want to be ridden, no matter what it probably wouldn't end well! lol

VenthFang
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Undecided
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Venth
Zodiac:

I LOVE ERAGON! I feel the automatic pressure to respond to this thread now. 1s Like others have stated, I believe that it's based upon the bond and the dragon itself. Looking at my Black Dragon, I feel like he'd let me ride upon his back in certain situations. Given that I always treat him with respect and not as a "steed for lugging people around". When the situation calls for it, he'd be by my side. <3

"I am not a wolf in sheep's clothing, I'm a wolf in wolf's clothing." ~Rickey Gervais
Valar Morghulis my friends.
pathtosirius
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
My magical/paranormal name...: None

That would depend on both the dragon and the "rider", the bond that they have, and how the dragon is comfortable with letting the person ride on him/her.

I love riding with Dragons, as I have a natural affinity with dragons, including Were-dragons, dragons and I naturally "click" with each other. I rode with dragons in my past lives and dived with them, enjoyed the time spent with them tremendously, as they have with me. So it totally depends on how tight your bond is with Dragons.

Putting that aside, I respect Dragons a lot, for their wisdom, strength, power and their Divinity in the whole scheme of things that constitutes the "World" so to speak. They are very wise and I love to listen to them telling lores and etc, from what I remember in my past life :) . Totally amazing beings!

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have posted here about my dragon riding escapades into the dragon realm. I loved it and had never before imagined riding a dragon until my platinum bade me to climb aboard his back.
Now that the baby platinum has bonded with the cobalt duo, my platinum is once again bidding me to ride to his realm to meet the inhabitants.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Dragons”