Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Straight out of The Craft.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I don't know, MTV picked The Craft to represent us.. which means we're hot and edgy. And some of us are Neve Campbell 2cl

EGOTIST
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I would click on these links, because they're just so (NOT) tempting. Just reading this post is giving me that urge to rant till my companions are driven bonkers. 2cl

But seriously, news stations WILL DO ANYTHING to spice up their stories. I understand that people get bored easy, but it still peeves me off. 2sd

Angellove
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: Browyn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: ThreeWing
Zodiac:

1rd Wait WHAT!? Etsy just has no idea of their audience. I can't believe they are banning something people use! Then again, they marginalize any seller that hasn't shelled out or has high traffic. It might be for the best that they are removing us before they capsize from their egoistic CEO.

Their whole getting an IPO has basically ruined their heads and hardened their heart(s). Our community can totally bounce back from their stupidity no problem! Their loss, really.

As for the outlets and their articles on the whole thing? They are sensationalist garbage, and do not really care about the lives of those they ruin or up-heave. Though...it can be hard to ignore when the daggers are so sharp.

Over the years I have learned things:
Trust and you will be trusted(in turn watch for those who are not in it for your best interests)
Know that you are NOT just some cog in a corporate wheel.
Love freely as long as you desire, and know that your love is returned ten fold!
And lastly, to know when a situation can be changed, and when it is something you must endure.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

To be fair, the newser and the guardian didn't have any of that kind of imagery to represent us. The mtv one didn't work. The others had a little bit of witchy imagery. I think these articles are pretty harmless at the end of the day. It wont stop people from choosing to get interested in spirit keeping, metaphysics, etc.
The only thing about these articles is they are basically copy and paste from others, all of them. They are not very well informed or well written with an understanding of the situation. Also, i think to a certain degree, they do selective quoting, to give their articles a spin.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Tenebris
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Darker Beings
My magical/paranormal name...: Ethereal Esper

I find the ignorant comments on the articles more insulting. One insinuating all these items are 'worthless junk' 'plastic/made in China'. There's a saying "Synthetic products make synthetic witches" but I fail to see an issue with working with what one can afford. I myself have had to use synthetic herb/flower oils for products. I prefer real, but synthetic gets the job done just as well if it's use is for scent.

I'm not really surprised Etsy is following Ebay's footsteps in this case. I migrated from both stores. (To this lovely place). At first Etsy was accepting of Tarot readings as long as a 'Physical Item' was produced as well, such as a downloadable PDF,Video etcetera.

I suppose they started receiving complaints. (Have not read all the articles) Though I believe services were never part of their policy. (Unless of course 'physical item')
I heard from one admin that you can still have your Metaphysical shop as long as it doesn't promise physical change, love spells etc.

Unless of course that has changed. It is a terrible shame that yet ANOTHER has turned away.from the Metaphysical community, but one way to look at it is; more business/reputation for this site. Seller's migrate, spread the message, sell. Seller's/Buyer's might feel inclined to search the rest of this site. I was, and I know a few of my friends/students have been lurking about and are intrigued. :candlep:

Image Left hand path and Right hand path. Good and Bad. Desire and Abhorrence. They're part of the same circle. Two sides of the same coin. Root forms of all being. Human instinct. ~Ethereal Esper :candlep:

http://www.bestparanormalsellers.com/store/susurratio-videntis
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Some of the sites didn't have any pictures, but if you scroll through the Google links to news outlets there are some pretty insulting images used. Which, truthfully, I think is just their way of sarcastically poking fun at the community.

This is the widespread issue. If the general public still views the metaphysical community as shadow-lurking, wart-growing, sadistic-thinking, shady, conning people then there isn't any hope for general acceptance. The general public has to realize the people in the metaphysical community are the teacher at the school, the nurse at your hospital bed, the soccer mom you see at the games, the teller at the bank, and not just the gothic, basement-lurkers.

The general public doesn't realize how infiltrated the metaphysical is within their communities. If they did, they wouldn't have such ignorant things to say.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Maybe just my opinion but I think y'all are taking this a little too seriously.

I agree etsy's move was pretty unenlightened as a business.

However, the news articles.. the stuff people had to say about it.. what did you expect? It's silly to presume we are that big of a deal that everyone should know better by now than to use stereotypes, or even care how they spin it. It doesn't apply to them other than a chance for sensation. They are the news, not our friends.

I don't think society is ever going to embrace the metaphysical as normal or for normal every day people; and frankly I DO NOT want to be characterized as a normal everyday person either.. I was born into the occult and I knew from an early age I was different. I'm different. I'm not that soccer mom just happening to believe in spells or whatever.. that's cool if some of you are.. but I am 100% weird and proud. My life is not normal and never has been. And guess what.. I don't care what people think of me, either! Why do you?

It's not insulting for us, it's insulting for them to be so closed minded. So I'm not going to be offended about it.

The community we are a part of will always be fringe to some degree. Why let yourself be bothered by what a section of people in the world think? That's life. Just like I think those people are ignorant, they think I'm a weirdo.

If you don't like the news, don't read it. News was, is, will always primarily be propaganda and an ill reaction to it is only feeding into that machine. They know exactly what they are doing. The news is not about news, it's about popular culture and conditioning society to think a certain way. When you stop investing a lot of care into major news outlets (which all of those were) then you take back a little bit of your liberty..

Major news outlets are the last place you should be looking for real news. What you see is exactly what major news outlets are designed for.

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

I agree with Noctifera. People who dabble in the occult have always been the rebels, the freethinkers, the outcasts. As the widest known (but not the only) example, the archetype of the witch has always been one who goes against the grain of the established society. What did the witches of old do in legend? They stole, they broke into graveyards, they got really high, they cursed, they killed, they made crops wither and die. Regardless of whether these myths were true or not, they were criminals and outlaws of the establishment, always shunned in some way.

Even if occultists - witches or not - aren't in any way similar to the old tales today, people are afraid of the unknown and either try to condemn it in some way (hence the stories about the witch), or try to dismiss it through a logical or scientific explanation and come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist. This isn't about to change for us.

Return to “Magnolia”