You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hello folks,

Having read many good things about this man I was wondering if any in the CH family have a hardcore opinion of him and his books and methods?
He has some critics which to me are verging on the insulting/ridiculing which I don't agree with whomever those type of "critiques" are aimed at. Maybe it is sour grapes???

His special edition books command insane prices for sure....but how much meat is on the bones of his works please in your opinion?

Has anybody been through his e-book "Become a living God".?

There has been a bit of giggling coming from some corners of the occult world due to his drug arrest but that doesn't undermine any credible work he has penned and performed does it?

His prices for custom spells are extremely high though....ranging from $997 to $2,497!!!

I know there are some serious practitioners in this forum so if anybody wants to throw their opinion in here then thanks very much 1ht

I used to know things
Eighth
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubi
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

My opinion is he is a very good read and I don't think the e-book prices are unreasonable, especially for the entire collection as a whole.

That the hard copies have gone up in price is simply a result of scarcity and a likely business decision to be his own publisher and therefore reap more of the profit.

Whether you agree or disagree with the methods or purposes in his works, he has an uncommon but needed perspective. In someways everything he writes should be common sense for someone that has come to his point of view, but I think he is just the first to venture into that territory, or at least the first I've come across. Nothing of the sort existed a decade ago, or if it did, it was not polished to this degree.

He is not someone that is easily labeled or categorized. He does not have the cartoonishness of Lavey, nor any amount of fluffiness, but he still seems to have at least absorbed a little bit of Nietzsche. If you want to read something that advances the Will to Power in a level headed and diverse way, then read Koetting's works.

I'm more familiar with his older works. Works of Darkness, Ipsissimus, Baneful Magic are great to read. Evoking Eternity and Kingdoms of Flame would be great for someone interested in goetic evocation and evocation in general from a LHP perspective. Ipsissimus deals more with spiritual progress and found his eastern experiences and quotations very interesting.

They tend to be auto-biographical in nature, so you are reading much of his supposed experiences with the occult, successes with dark magic, and forays into eastern religion and voodoo. The methods seem like common sense for the most part, but as I said, there are not many texts from his perspective, and it is actually work to re purpose and modernize things for someone with a darker perspective on the universe.

His new "become a living god" is a condensing of all his writings into a new 101 text (you can see he pastes in texts from his other works freely). It is very condensed but covers a lot more ground than "works of darkness."

I'd recommend his original works more just because there's more to digest.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Hello Eight.

Thank you so much for penning such an erudite summary for me.
Much appreciated!!
I think I will put my toe into the Koetting water pretty soon.

I used to know things
theDowser
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself
My magical/paranormal name...: theDowser

I took a reading from him a year back and he was crazily accurate.

He was on a webcam, and drawing up a tarot card, then showing it to me and then telling me his interpretation.

He recommend a simple ritual to solve the problem, also telling me, if I wanted him to do it, would cost a crazy amount of money but free if I can do it myself.

Didn't sound 'money minded' to me.

My favorite reader is Yona Farrell and this guy was on par with her.

(Edit: Heard this much later from a discussion on some forum that he doesn't believe in this binding spirits to objects concept.)

Florian
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Yet nobody seems to have a problem with the fact that he works with a murderer (Alex Marysson)

Murderers and drugs. Yup, that about says enough. Smh.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

theDowser wrote:I took a reading from him a year back and he was crazily accurate.

He was on a webcam, and drawing up a tarot card, then showing it to me and then telling me his interpretation.

He recommend a simple ritual to solve the problem, also telling me, if I wanted him to do it, would cost a crazy amount of money but free if I can do it myself.

Didn't sound 'money minded' to me.

My favorite reader is Yona Farrell and this guy was on par with her.

(Edit: Heard this much later from a discussion on some forum that he doesn't believe in this binding spirits to objects concept.)
Thanks for the input Dowser .

I used to know things
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Florian wrote:Yet nobody seems to have a problem with the fact that he works with a murderer (Alex Marysson)

Murderers and drugs. Yup, that about says enough. Smh.
Thanks Florian....Gulp!!!!! 1sa
I didn't know that...I don't live in America and don't know anything about him....hence this thread.

But.....in a sense that opens up the whole concept of crime, punishment and forgiveness.
Many murderers and career criminals have been feted by society and the media if they have some perceived "celebrity" (hate that word....it means nothing now!!!) status.
I am repulsed by this juvenile fawning to people who have often shown no remorse for their crimes....just more excuses.
I suppose we are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this tricky subject....we should in a sense forgive and if they have done their time they should be allowed to start a new life as best they can....having said that I would not be comfortable with a convicted murderer or rapist or worst of all...a paedophile living next to me!!!!!

I just looked up Alex Marysson as I had no idea who he was....

First impressions from his website:
1. Not impressed....bragging about being such a great sorcerer because he has killed somebody in cold blood!
2. This website is obviously an affiliate link from Koettings site.
All the services and promises are word for word copy and paste apart from his intro bio at the top.
3. He did apologise and express his deep regret for what he did....so that is something at least.
4. When I look at sites like this that are carbon copies of each other it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth....you know what I mean?.....It just rings alarm bells that the No 1 priority here seems to be to make as much money as possible from the public.

Thanks for bringing this up Florian.

I used to know things
Brich305
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Well I have read most of Mr. Koetting's books and watch lots of videos on his youtube channel. I admire EA Koetting as both an author and magician, that being said he is not for everyone. Those who lend towards the left hand path will benefit for EA teachings the most because his philosophy is about learning various occult skills to self empower yourself. If you are someone who lends toward the right hand path you will dislike EA because his teachings are the complete opposite of that.

EA Koetting teachings is mostly about black magick and summoning demons so if you are someone that is not comfortable with that then EA is not for you. But satanist or those who keep demons can learn a lot for Mr. Koetting.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Don't care for him. Nothing to do with the company he keeps or whatever he gets up to, I just hate his style. It feels inauthentic to me. His proclamations are like one big infomercial. Yaawwwnn.. overrated.

I am someone who has read and invested in numerous grimoires and has therefore looked at numerous author/practitioners in the occult community.. and so I would consider myself both fairly open to what others have to bring to the table and fairly well read. This is why my opinion may be worth something. Whenever I see him brought up I kinda roll my eyes, honestly.

But it's your path and do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, folks..

If you feel drawn to a source, and find value in their work personally, that is all which counts. Anyone and anything can make it's way onto your path.. it won't be the final destination but simply usher you into the direction you need to be, as it is. Others' work are only guides and crossroads and traffic lights on the way.

4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

As a keeper I find he feels cold to me, maybe he's good at what he does but I find he's possibly good at the practice but he's not there to befriend the entities he summons.

I find honestly that is the part he is missing out on really, the joy of companionship 1d

But that is just me.

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!

Return to “General Questions”