Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

SHARE THIS INFORMATION FAR & WIDE. THIS IS NOT JUST FOR WITCHES, MAGICKAL PRACTITIONERS, SPIRITS KEEPERS, OR HAUNTED COLLECTORS... THIS IS FOR ANYONE & EVERYONE IN THE METAPHYSICAL COMMUNITY.

Despite the fact it is the 21st century and supposedly this is a more "open" and "accepting" world, the fact is plainly & simply the metaphysical community has been left in the dust. The mainstream media will back and defend the rights of many groups, but the metaphysical group continues to be mocked and derided.

With the ban on the metaphysical in eBay, and then the ban on the metaphysical in Etsy, and now the proposed stringent measures with Paypal accepting payments for intangible items through their site... this could become a messy & terrible future for the ENTIRE community.

To boil this down to one sentence, they are censoring and controlling what you're able to buy. They are discriminating directly and fiercely against your right to believe and purchase the items and services YOU want. If things continue the way they are trending now, you are going to see the slow death of the metaphysical community as they try to obliterate your ability and opportunity to believe and practice your lifestyle the way you feel is best.

It's really a strange situation because as the mainstream media browbeats the world with their soapboxes of tolerance, acceptance, and not offending lifestyle choices, it all unravels when the subject of magick or spirits comes up to the box. Where is the tolerance & acceptance of the metaphysical?

The metaphysical community has not put up much a fight at this point. There are no angry hordes of buyers & sellers writing angry emails to the media or the companies, but if you don't want your community to eventually shrink and disappear, you need to stand up for the rights of the community.

Perhaps we've all become too complacent in this ordeal, but it's obviously not going to stop without all of us standing up and taking a stand en masse.

I am providing communication information for you all for each place. I strongly, strongly recommend each of you take time out of your day to write them & let them know this is a discrimination against your lifestyle choice and you do not appreciate being discriminated against.

Etsy contact:
https://www.etsy.com/help/contact
These are the selections to make in order to get to the right screen. You can either fill out the form below the email button, or you can talk to them on the phone by requesting a phone call.
In the drop-down menus choose these requests:
1. The Etsy Guidelines
2. Items that Cannot be Sold on Etsy
3. Restricted Items on Etsy

eBay contact:
Customer service phone number: 1-866-540-3229

Paypal contact:
Customer service phone number: 1-888-221-1161

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

This is an avatar you guys can use anywhere & everywhere you wish. You can pass it along, share it, do whatever you wish to show we're all in this together.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Where my money goes is no one's business but my own. They should not have any say in this. They don't employ me. nor sign my paycheck.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Florian
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, angels

Huffette wrote:Where my money goes is no one's business but my own. They should not have any say in this. They don't employ me. nor sign my paycheck.
^THIS

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

tHERE ARE OTHER MORE POWERFUL & LASTING SOLUTIONS & I AND A LARGE NUMBER OF OTHERS WILL PRESENT THEM SOON & THERE IS A GREAT DEAL OF POWER BEHIND THEM.

More than a year ago, we put out info emails to a reasonable number of people and received approx. 52% answers. We did this "emailing" several more times, and some more people answered and some did not. Also, we set up a series of different website to be used as friendly experiments to see how the "market" is, how it functions both good & bad, and then took this information and began "finishing off and final testing" last year.

From this, we built a business force for assessing how best to preserve and expand The Occult Metaphysical Niche Market. And from this created 2 teams of just a few people: 1.) The Cieran Syndic; 2.) The Syndic Vajra for legal and protective reasons, and an Inner Advisory Staff that includes a small number of people from the USA, the UK, France, & China, and we have some "senior" (as in the Senior grade of a University) people who answered our call for meta ideas. And finally – Ifigefa – for all internal informa.
We are friendly and will be reaching out in various timed moments in the future, soon to be the present.

Caiyros Arlen, founder & CEO

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Since you can transfer money directly to people through Paypal, the most they can really do is limit which sites they allow their services to be used on, which would be a silly move.
It's pretty much impossible for them to prevent you from sending money to people, all they would be doing is adding onto the headaches their users would have to go through in order to transfer money. Hopefully they're smart enough to realize how pointless it would be.

I can understand their concerns when it comes to fraud and such. Since they do offer refunds if there is a problem with the transaction which is presumably out of their own pocket, and they can't exactly do a proper investigation when the services offered are not tangible.
But avoiding the meta completely is still a silly move, it really wouldn't do any good for a service like theirs.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

:realitycheck: ::wtf::
Seriously!? Paypal now?

They actually want to limit what people decide to spend money on themselves because......? Bigotry? Intolerance? Who cares? It doesn't matter! They can't justify it, at all. :thumbdown:

At the end of the day, all Paypal is there for is to protect buyers security and to make it easier to purchase online. That is their job, not to discriminate against customers just because they don't take anything we or us say seriously. That is their problem, not ours and it doesn't justify forbidding people from purchases just because they don't believe it to be tangible. Ignorance and stupidity is all this is. That should not be encouraged. 2cents

Worst case scenario, this could make it harder for people to purchase online, especially without giving credit card information, and could discourage new people from joining in which is obviously bad because sellers need new customers at the end of the day.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Drake wrote:Since you can transfer money directly to people through Paypal, the most they can really do is limit which sites they allow their services to be used on, which would be a silly move.
It's pretty much impossible for them to prevent you from sending money to people, all they would be doing is adding onto the headaches their users would have to go through in order to transfer money. Hopefully they're smart enough to realize how pointless it would be.

I can understand their concerns when it comes to fraud and such. Since they do offer refunds if there is a problem with the transaction which is presumably out of their own pocket, and they can't exactly do a proper investigation when the services offered are not tangible.
But avoiding the meta completely is still a silly move, it really wouldn't do any good for a service like theirs.
In fairness, this is a good point. Yes, I forgot, you could directly transfer money to people online which would probably negate part of their efforts as all you really need to know is the sellers Paypal email.

But it would be impossible to know if someone made a metaphysical purchase all the time, if ever. They'd literally have to check EVERY single purchase. Now that I think about it, it sounds unfeasible. The worst thing they could do is check people who seem to be common metaphysical purchasers and then limit them....but that would be an extremely dickish move to the point that I think even the most hard spoiled company would probably consider that unethical. I'd certainly hope Paypal would be above something like that.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Like I said, it's a silly move that would do them no good. Hopefully they have enough sense and integrity not to hop on the bandwagon.

Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

As much as I hate seeing Etsy or anyone else ban Metaphysical, I can kinda understand what their intentions are with this. Are there many serious people in the metaphysical business? YES. But are there people who are not? Yes... unfortunately. The problem is: for people not involved with it, or who are not sensitive, how do we differentiate one from the other?

I think that's what they fear. How can the seller prove something is actually offered? It's all based on faith and trust for most people. So when someone claims there is no spirit in the ring, how will the seller prove there is? How can Etsy or any other selling platform intermediate that?

I don't think Paypal will ban this type of transaction, but I do think they won't favor the buyer if it comes to a dispute, not because they don't like metaphysical, but because of the intangible item thing. This happened to me more than once and none of them were metaphysical items... they were softwares. The softwares didn't work as they were supposed to, but Paypal favored the seller because the item was intangible. However, I can still buy software... as long as I know I'm at risk of losing my money in case the item is fake. Same thing with metaphysical... I'll continue using Paypal to shop metaphysical items but I'm waving my buyer protection.

I think the future of the metaphysical sales will be places like the paranormal marketplace, dedicated exclusive for that type of shop. As much as I would love to see it being sold in regular places like Etsy and eBay, I honestly can't see how that can work out for everyone, apart from stuff like crystals, pendulums, etc.

My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:

Return to “Messages & Updates”