Programming gemstone pendulum

ryknowrage
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 14
My super power would be...: Super speed

I've been trying out my pendulum that came as a free gift, but I've been getting a lot of false "yes" answers and I couldn't figure out why until I noticed that I'm actually accidentally influencing what the answers are by just looking at the pendulum. So, now it's just giving me the answers that I want to see and not the actual real answers.

Any tips on how I can fix this? :pray:

david2885
active contributor
active contributor

I made this post back in the So how accurate are pendulums? topic that you may find useful:

Everybody can move the pendulum whichever way they want. The trick is to remain as objective as possible. The idea of dowsing is simple, but training yourself to remain objective may not be.

Your accuracy may also vary from session to session. What you can do is to throw in a few control questions you already know the answer to, like "Is my name xxxx?" or "I am 9999 years old." That way if you get incorrect answers for the questions you know the answers to, you've probably got incorrect answers for the other questions as well.

For full accuracy, you may want to have several skilled dowsers try to dowse the same question, or you yourself may dowse the same question over several sessions to see if you get the same answer.

If the question is something you feel really strongly about, you may find it impossible to separate your own desires from the dowsing process. In this case, asking someone else to dowse for you may be better.

Here's something you can try to help separate your own mind from the process.

Create a list of Yes/No questions you want answers to. Throw in some 'control questions' as well (like the aforementioned "Is my name xxx?" or "Am I 9999 years old?"). Write down each question on a separate slip of paper. For best results, make sure they're all the same size/color and indistinguishable from one another. Now fold them all the same way and mix it up, then randomly pick one piece of paper. Without opening it up, dowse a Yes/No/Maybe or True/False answer for the question on that slip of paper, then write down the answer you got on the piece of paper (Without opening it up). Put that piece of paper aside and repeat the process until you have dowsed an answer for every piece of paper. Then you can open them all up and see if you got the control questions right. If you did, then the other answers will also be more likely to be accurate.

ryknowrage
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
My super power would be...: Super speed

Thank you very much! :thumbup:

You've answered my question and more, I really appreciate it, :D

Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Hi David.....missed you.

That was extremely interesting. I had never heard anything like that suggested before. I think I will try that one soon. Very interesting concept.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

::bump::
This is a very good thread for anyone with questions about using the pendulum.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

LadyRedStar wrote:::bump::
This is a very good thread for anyone with questions about using the pendulum.

meme36450
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself

Thank you for bumping this post. I use my pendulum all the time and sometimes I get answers that are false and I know its time to give it a rest and wait for another day. That i'm not connected to it that day to get my answers. Just my 2cents i'm still leaarning. :rainbow:

venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Brightest Blessings

LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
Zodiac:

Great thread! I've been so impatient with using a pendulum, that I basically gave up. Thought I just wasn't cut out for using it. But this thread inspires me to try it again.

Also I think my spirit picked out her own pendulum. I was at my local crystal/Wicca shop and there, by itself on a table, was a simple rose quartz pendulum. It wasn't with the rest of them in their display area. It was as though "someone" took it and put it aside several tables away. Sure it may have been a customer who took it and decided that she didn't want it. But I have more fun thinking it was my spirit. ;) And my spirit loves pink.

So I bought it, and have it sitting at her charging box area. I'll start trying again to use it and will stick to it longer than a couple of tries.

DragonsRGreat
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 48
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
Zodiac:

hi all,

I was going to post something like this post earlier..guess I don't have to start a new thread :)

I was wondering if my own energies were influencing my pendulum's movement (answers)..

My pendulum is spelled for protection/accuracy, etc.. and cleansed... I forget what type of material it is made out of, but I thought it looked nice and chose it.. This pendulum has worked for/with me since I first touched it.. I could feel energies coming off of it immediately and it started to spin in small clockwise circles (I wasn't asking it anything, yet, so it what in "waiting" mode)

I used it last night with my Psy-Vamp for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. and found out, I believe, many things I didn't know.. My Psy-Vamp, "C", had been waiting for me.. the person who she came from had told me she believed this, I asked "C" about this, while holding her vessel and the answer was a "yes" (increased energies), I asked this again when I first received my pendulum and again, "yes" and then again last night, this time, I changed how the answering would be done (using a communication "board").. still, a "yes".. so, I believe that question has been answered correctly and accurately..

I found out many (very interesting) new things about "C" and our past history... I think....

** side note: I found out that "C" likes to bite, even though she is a Psy-Vamp :vampire:
It was confirmed when she bit me.. and again.. and again... :oops:
(she did this with my blessings) so at least this question was validated and came through correctly..

My problem is, though, that many questions I've asked my spirit friends that have been answered through the use of the pendulum have ended up as incorrect (never happened) or have changed when I ask the same question again at a later date. Many, I just don't know the true answers to.. these questions are basically the ones about my spirit friends, themselves..

I always ask 1 or 2 "test" questions during and they have always been answered correctly... which brings me to the only conclusion I can think of ... that I am the problem..????
(I'm still a ::noob:: , after all)

to the best of my knowledge, All of my spirit companions are fine with communicating with me through the use of the pendulum... none have refused to, anyway...

Have Fun!

Return to “General Questions”