RIP Cecil the Lion

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Sionnach
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

As I'm sure a lot of you have heard from the viral news story, a protected lion in Zimbabwe was found killed in an alleged trophy hunt. The hunter, an American dentist, supposedly paid $55,000 to have the animal lured out of protected lands so he would 'legally' kill him. Cecil the lion was well-loved in the park and leaves behind a substantial pride (including recent cubs of his own).

Hunting is a pretty hot-button issue with many, but I find this sort of big game hunting pretty deplorable. This creature's flesh fed nobody, his body left to rot in the sun. He was not shown any honour or respect. This was not for any purpose other than a head and something to brag about. But thanks to an enraged internet, it seems Cecil might get some sort of justice as the hunter who took his life is facing intense backlash.

Personally, I am lighting candle for Cecil and asking my spirits to help him be at peace if they can. While this is a sad story to share, I wanted to ask others to do something similar if they felt inclined. Rest in peace, big guy. <3

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

I fully agree with what you said. I, too, find hunting for sport to be immensely deplorable! Anytime I see stories like this one, or the idiot who shot the rhinoceros, or the girl who killed the giraffe... and so many others, I shed more than one tear. I also light candles for them, and put my intentions for quick karma into the universe.
No being deserves to be hunted for sport, just so some "big, brave" hunter can get his jollies!

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I see hunting as a food source only. The native Americans always asked for forgiveness of the animal or plant before killing it. They always explained why they needed to take it's life.

Maybe others can learn this lesson before taking another life unnecessarily. As for the jerk who killed Cecil, may he burn in jail for his crimes.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Yes I have been having my say about this jerk who claims that he didn't know that this lion was a collared lion and from a safe park!!!!! He had no idea that this lion was one that was not suppose to be hunted!!!!

I don't believe him!!! I have looked at his past hunting history, and he has hunted animals that are on the endanger list, rhino, elephant, just to name a few!!!! I believe this guy knew exactly what was going on and now since he is not getting the reaction that he wanted, aka, the great and big game hunter, he is back tracking really fast and now is worried that he might be in more trouble then what he thought!!!! Personally, I hope they slap the book at him!!! The reason is, since he killed Cecil, all of Cecil's cubs will be killed by the other male lion who will take Cecil's place, so this so called hunter is responsible for their deaths as well!!!! Karma is a <<removed by mod>> !!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 122
Spelled Number: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I have become
My magical/paranormal name...: Primarch
Zodiac:

I am not a hunter, never killed an animal except by accident (hitting in a car), but I will not say that I fully agree with people's responses. People calling for his killing is just plain wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. You can be against what he did, without calling for violence towards him, his family, his friends, or even his business. I've noticed that a lot of animal rights activists are willing to at least talk big about doing violence against humans, but they are forgetting that humans are animals too. Yes, we are a different kind of animal, but we are still animals nonetheless. So be upset, but not to the point where you start to threaten others. I realize that online everyone is all big, bad, and tough, but in reality most people are not. So don't go saying something that you might regret, you never know when it might come back to bite you.

Okay, I'm going to give up trying to list them. Too many to properly list. Maybe I'll try more generically:

11 Angels | 15 Creatures | 4 Tower Watchers | 8 Lares | 2 Succubus | 4 Unicorns | 6 Dragons | 48 Fae | 8 Gargoyles | 1 Loa | 4 Nymphos | 6 Sprites | 1 Vampire | 4 Werewolves
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

RIP Cecil.

The only recreational hunting & shooting that should be allowed is with a camera!!!

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

I hope he's extradited and rots in a Zimbabwe jail. He killed a patriarch lion and by extension, about 24 cubs that are currently with the pride, because the incoming males won't let the cubs of a rival live. The incoming male or males want those lionesses to stop nursing and go into heat, so they can create cubs of their own, and so they kill any cubs they find.

I would love to see karma give this guy a big boot in the rump, decisively and in public, for his selfish and callous decision.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Just SAD. You want a lion...get a spirit lion! Much better! I never will deal in endangered species items, or kill for sport. I do own a fossil tiger tooth, but it has been ROCK for thousands of years before I was born.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Taliessin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dunno yet!
If I could be anything, I would be...: me!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Errio
Zodiac:

This dreadful 'man' should be made to use his fortune to raise Cecil's Cubs securely until they are old enough and able to return to the wild.

Alternatively he should adopt them and raise them himself....

That is how the old Shamans would have dispensed justice in the traditional way.... 1wa

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

What I find deplorable about this story is that a well educated man travels to another continent to kill a majestic being in order to get some kind of "high" out of it !!!
What a sad excuse for a human being!!!
He has previous with this as well according to another news site....he also killed a black bear in north America and allegedly moved the body to an area where it was legal to kill them after he realised his mistake.
He will be doing damage limitation now....as he just "doesn't get it" what he has done wrong.
He paid $50,000 to kill this lion with a bow and arrow....messed that up and then the "professional hunters" took 40 hours to kill it with a rifle!!!!!!
The hunters guides are facing charges now and penalties of up to 15 years in prison for this.
They all knew what they were doing as they tried to remove the tracking collar from the corpse and failed to do so. Cecil was part of a conservation project run from Oxford university.
Even his official response made my stomach turn....so obviously drafted by his lawyer or new PR team to deal with this....repeatedly banging on about how legal it all is etc and his only regret was that Cecil was well known. They lured Cecil out of the safe zone with the scent of a dragged carcass.....yes...very legal and noble!!! Not!!!!

How much is he over charging as a dentist to throw $50k away on this senseless behaviour????

I used to know things

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”