Taking my kitty Stanley to the vet

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Please send prayers and healing.

One of my cats, Stanley, is mopey. It started yesterday. He was fine in the morning, but then I noticed him Not Seeking Attention when he normally would.

Today, he showed more interest in sleeping than eating. That did it -- I called The Hubby at work to tell him I was making a vet appointment. Then I called the vet. We'll be in there first thing in the morning.

And if I continue to not like the way he looks. I'll be calling the vet back for something sooner.

EDIT to add: Yep. Changed the appointment to this afternoon and called out of work. I'd rather have him seen sooner than later... I'm getting lots of red flags from observing his appearance right now.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

I hope Stanley's better![emoji177]sending my groupie over. My bunny was sort of dull today too. As in not active. Im keeping an eye on him as well

boop
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Everything seemed fine yesterday when we got up. He pursued me into the bathroom as usual for his Morning Dote. He loves it when it's just one-on-one time, and he'll follow me into the Throne Room so I can shut the door and give him individual attention.

But I found it odd that right in the middle of the dote session, he stopped purring. That's very unlike him. Then he seemed less interested in food than I was expecting. But since The Hubby gave the cats an evening snack (an unusual event) the night before, I wasn't particularly worried.

But all day yesterday he seemed mopey and "off". This morning, once again he was mopey, and was actually hiding under the loveseat (which is made up of two recliners) instead of either chasing me down for his morning skritch session or running to the food bowl for breakfast. BIG alarms went off. Those two behaviors are the opposite of normal. I called the vet.

Now I'm looking at him and his breathing seems shallow and quick. That's when I decided not to wait until the morning, but get an appointment this afternoon. It'll be a financial pain to miss work, but the cat comes first.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Will send healing and well wishes.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
pzaza
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Sending healing energy your way [emoji178] *hugs*

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

I hope everything is alright and it's not something big! I hate when pets don't feel well... it's almost worse than a sick child, because sick pets can't speak and tell you what's wrong, no matter what age they are...

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I will say a prayer for him. I hope he feels better soon and it i just a tummy ache.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

The Hubby and I are home.

I am sorry, and heartbroken, to say that we have had to opt for the Final Act of Mercy. They couldn't make Stanley comfortable or stop having labored breathing, not even after over an hour in the oxygen cage.

The offsite radiology company with whom the vets consult, who received an electronic copy of the x-rays and a request for a STAT turnaround, interpreted the results in much the same way as the vet did. Most likely metastatic cancer, with no real prognosis for recovery nor even palliative care.

I was all set to have some more tests done at the UPenn veterinary ER. But when they couldn't get Stanley's breathing to ease, after over an hour in an oxygen environment, I understood that that IS an answer. It's the answer I didn't want, but it's an answer. The answer is that dragging him to another hospital, leaving him without that oxygen, would only cause suffering. So would the stress of a battery of tests. Ditto for if the ultrasound team had gone home for the night -- very probably the case on a Friday evening -- and he had to wait until the morning to get the test done. And even after all that, the ER might have the same recommendations as were in front of me already: the Final Act of Mercy.

The Hubby and I had some time to cuddle with Stanley. He purred the entire time. Even when the time came, he literally purred through EVERYTHING. That's all he ever did was purr, all his life. You could LOOK at him and he'd purr. So he purred while getting skritches and kisses from his Meowmy and Paw.

And now he is with Misty, Melody, Harmony, and Mini, at the Rainbow Bridge. And I miss him tremendously. My Tiny Stan. </3

furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

I'm so sorry. I can not imagine how you are feeling. I had to put a bunny down that I've known for 2 days and it broke my heart. Saying a prayer for Stanley. you and your family.

boop
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Hunny, I know how you are feeling. It is heartbreaking. I still miss my kitty. May Stanley play with Priestess at Rainbow Bridge until they can rejoin their human families.
Perhaps, Priestess will teach him some wrestling moves while they are playing with the puppies.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”